ADVERTISEMENT

Purdo I? vs. Hoiskers

I didn't get to watch today, but maybe the light bulb has come on for this team. Just eight days removed from the Creighton debacle, but they seem to have turned a corner.

Huskers win and you question who the coaches r playing

Sigh.. Did you even pay attention to the game? Kavas is a liability right now. He's playing more minutes because Green is out. And he's not earning much more playing time the way he is shooting. He has been awful.

I didn't get to watch today, but maybe the light bulb has come on for this team. Just eight days removed from the Creighton debacle, but they seem to have turned a corner.
I think you could see signs of the lightbulb coming on for the team prior to Crayton and then they took a step back in that game. I really don’t think they knew what to expect playing a Crayton team that had revenge on its mind after the loss to NU last year. It was great to see them take a couple steps forward after that game. I figure we will still see some ups and downs, but you can see Hoiberg’s influence starting to come through. They are starting to play defense and some of the offensive sets are fun to watch.

Agreed. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a coach talk about the opponent that long. Seemed like he spent at least half of his presser talking about NU
Yep. Not sure how I would feel about it if I were a Purdue fan. Saying it would be a shame if they would have won....

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
Sigh.. Did you even pay attention to the game? Kavas is a liability right now. He's playing more minutes because Green is out. And he's not earning much more playing time the way he is shooting. He has been awful.
He is definitely struggling. The fact that he's still playing is one of the reasons Fred is where he is and you're not. Fred knows what this kid can do and he builds him up. IF we are going to have any success this year, Kavas HAS to get his game going and I think he will. Shooters have to keep shooting. We don't have any option. Look what Hoiberg has done for Thor.

Fantastic win. Watching BTN after the IU game, they talked little about Nebraska and a lot about IU. Clearly they believed the close game to be a fluke. Maybe this will get their attention.

He is definitely struggling. The fact that he's still playing is one of the reasons Fred is where he is and you're not. Fred knows what this kid can do and he builds him up. IF we are going to have any success this year, Kavas HAS to get his game going and I think he will. Shooters have to keep shooting. We don't have any option. Look what Hoiberg has done for Thor.

You answered your own question. Kavas is playing because "we don't have options." He wouldn't be playing much if Hoiberg had Green as an option, and Purdue actually cut into our lead quite a bit when he was on the court clanking 3s. The guy is struggling big time.

You answered your own question. Kavas is playing because "we don't have options." He wouldn't be playing much if Hoiberg had Green as an option, and Purdue actually cut into our lead quite a bit when he was on the court clanking 3s. The guy is struggling big time.
About 72 hours ago we had somebody on here post that Burke needed to move on. Last year it was Thor you were down on. How does that look right now? Yvan has struggled offensively. Kavan is HERE because he CAN shoot from 3. He's had some trouble adjusting to big time basketball. He'll get better.

Last edited:
About 48 hours ago we had somebody on here post that Burke needed to move on. Last year it was Thor you were down on. How does that look right now? Yvan has struggled offensively. Kavan is HERE because he CAN shoot from 3. He's had some trouble adjusting to big time basketball. He'll get better.

Jeesh.. Thor didn't play enough for me to even be down on him last year. I do think FH and the staff's work have given him a shot in the arm with his shooting. Actually, the method they are using to improve the 3-point shooting in general seems like it is making a difference for most players on the team...except Kavas.

Yvan is a 17 year old freshman that shows a ton of potential.

Kavas is a SENIOR that is shooting about half his career 3-point %. He doesn't have much time to get better. We need him NOW! Not 2 weeks from now or next month or in March. He needs to start delivering now, because his career is going to be over before he knows it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT