ADVERTISEMENT

Puffs prediction thread

Nebraska 38
Colorado 21

I’m drinking koolaid.

Atmosphere will be electric. Huskers control line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and break even on turnovers.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I'm worried about pressuring SD. Was Tony White not showing his hand until real competition starts? I was a tad disappointed in the number of sacks against UTEP.

NU-30
CU-27

I'm worried about pressuring SD. Was Tony White not showing his hand until real competition starts? I was a tad disappointed in the number of sacks against UTEP.

NU-30
CU-27
We did not have very many blitzes at all on Saturday. But the trouble with blitzing Sanders is that he is slippery and can slide around the pocket and make plays on the run. And they have receivers who are great at stretching the field. So we can't just blitz him with our hair on fire or else we will get burnt. I think we will see some creative blitz packages that will be dialed up in situational settings. But we really need to be able to get pressure on Sanders without blitzing. And so I do share the concern that we did not have many sacks. But there will be more blitzes this week for sure.

We did not have very many blitzes at all on Saturday. But the trouble with blitzing Sanders is that he is slippery and can slide around the pocket and make plays on the run. And they have receivers who are great at stretching the field. So we can't just blitz him with our hair on fire or else we will get burnt. I think we will see some creative blitz packages that will be dialed up in situational settings. But we really need to be able to get pressure on Sanders without blitzing. And so I do share the concern that we did not have many sacks. But there will be more blitzes this week for sure.
The main thing is try to keep him in the pocket, then try to collapse the pocket. Can't flush him out and then have our bigs chasing him cause it just buys him and his receivers more time. If you're gonna come after him, come after him with kids who can run him down.

With the 3-3-5, we are supposed to have some flexibility with where the 4th rusher comes from. And I have to think Tony White has some things that he didn’t show against UTEP. Hopefully we do in fact have the quality depth to effectively chase and harass the QB all night.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
With the 3-3-5, we are supposed to have some flexibility with where the 4th rusher comes from. And I have to think Tony White has some things that he didn’t show against UTEP. Hopefully we do in fact have the quality depth to effectively chase and harass the QB all night.
I think the crowd will give the defense some added juice

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT