ADVERTISEMENT

Presser from AD before the weekend is up.

Firing Riley now would at least send a message that NU will not tolerate an exhibition of futility that we witnessed today.
Yep. The play on the field might actually improve and the fans could rally around this team. We played pretty well against USC after Bo was canned! We just got throttled by the Gophers for cryin out loud! Can't get any worse.

Reactions: Husker-NJ
Yep. The play on the field might actually improve and the fans could rally around this team. We played pretty well against USC after Bo was canned! We just got throttled by the Gophers for cryin out loud! Can't get any worse.
While I agree to a point, they also had a month to wrap their heads around the firing... not a week. May not be the best example...

But I would be fine with a PC right away.

ADBM has made his decision and won't make a formal announcement until after the Husker season is over. That's what he said he was going to do.

From interview on November 7th...(of course that was before the mauling in Minneapolis)...
Nebraska Athletic Director Bill Moos hasn't made a final decision regarding Mike Riley's future with the Huskers, he said Tuesday during an appearance on "The Bottom Line."
"It's been my feeling all throughout my career that unless there's a behavioral issue, firing a coach in the middle of the season really doesn't accomplish that much. And it really causes some poor feelings and anxieties with the players. At the end of the day, this is really about the student-athletes, and we obviously want to make our fans happy, but to keep a focus and not have distractions in regards to terminating a coach in midseason is important for the current players."

From interview on November 7th...(of course that was before the mauling in Minneapolis)...
Nebraska Athletic Director Bill Moos hasn't made a final decision regarding Mike Riley's future with the Huskers, he said Tuesday during an appearance on "The Bottom Line."
"It's been my feeling all throughout my career that unless there's a behavioral issue, firing a coach in the middle of the season really doesn't accomplish that much. And it really causes some poor feelings and anxieties with the players. At the end of the day, this is really about the student-athletes, and we obviously want to make our fans happy, but to keep a focus and not have distractions in regards to terminating a coach in midseason is important for the current players."

We're way past the middle of the season :)

Reactions: timnsun
The worst thing Moos can do when asked about Riley is say he’s still evaluating. It makes people question his sincerity at that point. My opinion, say evaluation is done, and the y’re going a different direction now or at season’s end. Get that message out there today.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
With the new recruit signing period and the two week job posting there are reasons to fire sooner than later.

The worst thing Moos can do when asked about Riley is say he’s still evaluating. It makes people question his sincerity at that point. My opinion, say evaluation is done, and the y’re going a different direction now or at season’s end. Get that message out there today.
I have to think Moos knows what he’s going to do at this point, and he’s been working hard behind the scenes to be ready when Black Friday is upon us.

This isn’t his first rodeo, and he will have us in a good position when Riley is fired. And I don’t think it will hurt his credibility either...

With the new recruit signing period and the two week job posting there are reasons to fire sooner than later.
I’ve never been a fan of midseason firings, as we only get 12 football Saturday’s a season and don’t want to give up on them or the kids. But you make a valid point, the December signing period is new and could have a big impact on how these things are handled.

It would make a lot of people happy, including me, if Riley got fired now. But that is all emotion. It serves no purpose beyond a feel good result.

Riley is gone for sure. And things are being negotiated with agents behind the scenes. Also for sure. It may appear that nothing is being done and that makes us impatient. But things are moving and will be resolved soon.

Patience grasshoppers

Reactions: WHCSC and timnsun
I have to think Moos knows what he’s going to do at this point, and he’s been working hard behind the scenes to be ready when Black Friday is upon us.

This isn’t his first rodeo, and he will have us in a good position when Riley is fired. And I don’t think it will hurt his credibility either...
Risky part with that assumption, is assuming that he’s working behind the scenes when a flat out announcement eliminates any speculation. Like I said you can say you’re moving on and still have Riley coach if he wants to.

Saw Butch Jones was canned, and I don’t think anyone is aghast with what UT and UF have done. Just end the speculation now is my IMO and I guess start the speculation of the new guy, which I too hope is announced shortly after Black Friday.

Reactions: timnsun
Risky part with that assumption, is assuming that he’s working behind the scenes when a flat out announcement eliminates any speculation. Like I said you can say you’re moving on and still have Riley coach if he wants to.

Saw Butch Jones was canned, and I don’t think anyone is aghast with what UT and UF have done. Just end the speculation now is my IMO and I guess start the speculation of the new guy, which I too hope is announced shortly after Black Friday.
Yep I agree with you, I don’t think it hurts anything at this point. I’m fine with pulling the plug now, but if he doesn’t he better have someone lined up and ready to go. Someone good, whether it’s frost or someone else who is a big name.

Reactions: huskerfan830
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT