ADVERTISEMENT

Press Conference

The desire people have to keep hitting reset is so freaking short sighted. It’s never worked for us. Never will. We have to hope the long build works. We’re never going to have a $20m NIL roster. We don’t have the local talent. A new HC isn’t the answer.
What has worked in 20 years? Holding on to coaches who don’t get it done? Rhule needs to show a pair of nuts and can a bunch of people starting with Foley

"Hi Coach, Margo Deeper from The Independent. Does anybody discuss with kick return backs, RIGHT BEFORE kickoffs, how to handle certain scenarios? Inside the 10, inside the 5, & end zone?"

7320f51565e7c300ec71c73ac2dc1973c0b26281.gifv

Indiana did it in ONE ****ING season why can't Nebraska.
The desire people have to keep hitting reset is so freaking short sighted. It’s never worked for us. Never will. We have to hope the long build works. We’re never going to have a $20m NIL roster. We don’t have the local talent. A new HC isn’t the answer.

What, and keep experiencing these types of losses? Does longevity translate into improvement and a better record? I mean, I’m ok with keeping Rhule but would have to reset my expectations. He’s not Tom Osborne, he’s not Bob Devaney. Sorry, he ain’t winning any national championships. Probably ever. This year is what you get from Rhule in the Big Ten, maybe a bit better. Play in a bowl game most of the time, have a few good wins here and there and don’t go 2-10. Would have to get my head wrapped around that that’s ok in this day and age.

Reactions: Bruce1981
Ironic to say after just being dismantled by Indiana.

Reactions: Chuck003
Just ****ing cancel the press conference. Everyone's level of give a shit should be busted.. mine sure is.

I bet Big Noon Kick off is scrambling for a new set of teams next week. Nebraska might as well just forfeit.
I understand why this game is big noon, next week not so much. There should be better games available.

This beating seriously has to have Rhule wondering if he’s cut out for this. He unfortunately won’t resign because we are paying him too much, but deep down he’s got to be doubting what the **** he’s doing. Cignetti thoroughly beat his ass on every imaginable measure. We’ve had a lot of bury you head in the sand kind of losses, but this one is up there.

Nebraska Athletic Directors since 2003:

2003- This is going to take some time for a culture flip.
2008- Just gotta fix the defensive mindset
2015- Gonna take a bit to build up
2018- Gonna be a long rebuild
2023- Gonna be a long rebuild
????- Gonna be a long rebuild

-Maybe we need to stop looking for the long rebuild and get the guy who can do a 1 year flip.

This beating seriously has to have Rhule wondering if he’s cut out for this. He unfortunately won’t resign because we are paying him too much, but deep down he’s got to be doubting what the **** he’s doing. Cignetti thoroughly beat his ass on every imaginable measure. We’ve had a lot of bury you head in the sand kind of losses, but this one is up there.
This exactly, Rhule looks lost…

Hi coach, Cruelhalo from South Florida Times. You have arguably the worst special among all of Division 1, you had two weeks to prepare and get better because as you said, you have the right guy to fix the problems. Your special teams looked horrible again today. What is your excuse this week?

Reactions: MargotDeeper
His career is over rated. Temple is a joke and Baylor had talent but was coming off a non-football issue. He never won big games or championships and failed in the NFL big time. Kleinman from Kstate was the guy that we needed. K state is what Nebraska should try to be but we can't. No biggy - cancelled my insider sub and got some yard work done. Also, I have a wedding next weekend - now aI don't have to be checking scores.

Follow up question coach, everyone says the team's character resembles its coach. This team looks soft, unmotivated and chunky around the middle. How do you fix that?

His career is over rated. Temple is a joke and Baylor had talent but was coming off a non-football issue. He never won big games or championships and failed in the NFL big time. Kleinman from Kstate was the guy that we needed. K state is what Nebraska should try to be but we can't. No biggy - cancelled my insider sub and got some yard work done. Also, I have a wedding next weekend - now aI don't have to be checking scores.
Totally agree. Kleinman would’ve been a great fit. I have no faith in Rhule. Just have to wait for the painful collapse to continue and in a few years we will see who comes in for another rebuild. So we are probably 5-6 years away from being average if I’m doing the math right.

Hey coach. What is your take on Indiana's first year head coach completely outclassing you in every phase? To follow up with the first question. Where do you think you completely failed with roster management? And how do you explain Cigs roster management compared to your failure?

Reactions: cruelhalo
Totally agree. Kleinman would’ve been a great fit. I have no faith in Rhule. Just have to wait for the painful collapse to continue and in a few years we will see who comes in for another rebuild. So we are probably 5-6 years away from being average if I’m doing the math right.
Hope I live that long...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT