ADVERTISEMENT

Prepare for incoming salt from Iowa / Illinois

Cougatron

Oct 17, 2012
Bill met with him in Chicago on Wed.

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...cle_36356e51-efdf-51b0-bdf2-e3ffa3c83c0a.html

Bill is all about fit. Coach Frost obviously was bringing Nebraska back to Nebraska.

And with Hoiberg he is bringing back the Midwest back to Lincoln, a man born in Lincoln himself.

The Cyclones will be very upset over this, as will others, but let’s face it. If you are going to put on red might as well Go Big Red.

Hope you're right.

How about Washington State hires Tim Miles so we don't have to pay him a buyout? In all honesty, I think Tim would do well there.

Yeesh I dunno maybe. Anything would be better than Kent. Moos really whiffed on that hire but I honestly think he knew Kent was a wildcard it was all about Leach really, and he hired somebody familiar with the PNW and Pac 12 North. Awful hire for us.

Miles is more familiar with west coast areas for us, but I am hoping for someone like South Dakota State’s TJ Otzelberger. He has coached in the state as an assistant and I think he’s a diamond in the rough winning at a place that has less.

Also I like Luke Yaklich from Michigan.

We are a pretty tough place to win, but we do have name recognition in the NBA with Klay Thompson and Aron Baynes.

We need someone with a smart system and can do more with less. Don’t know if Miles is what we need.

Bill met with him in Chicago on Wed.

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...cle_36356e51-efdf-51b0-bdf2-e3ffa3c83c0a.html

Bill is all about fit. Coach Frost obviously was bringing Nebraska back to Nebraska.

And with Hoiberg he is bringing back the Midwest back to Lincoln, a man born in Lincoln himself.

The Cyclones will be very upset over this, as will others, but let’s face it. If you are going to put on red might as well Go Big Red.

Why would ISU fans be upset? They had a decent season and just pimp slapped KU recently. Are they shopping for a coach?

Reactions: iclone
Why would Illinois be more upset? Diffidently Ioway will be upset if Hoiberg lands here...

I hope your spot on about Moos having Freddy locked up.:)

Sounds like Hoiberg has done well.

Anyone with any more info on what kind of offense he runs etc?

Yeah, why would Illinois be upset? They used a time machine and got a football coach from 1951 as their basketball coach. They're good.

Reactions: 9and4
I have third hand info that Moos went after Altman and Altman has zero desire to move back to Nebraska. And that he really like Oregon since he doesn't have to do any fundraising due to uncle Phil. It does line up with Altman getting a big extension. Again, this is through the grapevine rumors, so take it with a grain of salt.

Why would ISU fans be upset? They had a decent season and just pimp slapped KU recently. Are they shopping for a coach?
We’re happy with coach Prohm. There will be some who are mad (100% were bummed) at him for leaving, but most are happy for his contribution as a player and coach and wish him the best wherever it is. I don’t think he’d ever coach at KU or UT out of respect for ISU.

I really hope its Hoiberg. He's number on my list and I'm guessing about everyone on here as well.

And here's where the awful writers will come in. The same people who ripped Steve Pederson for firing Solich and not having his next man ready, are the ones who will rip Moos for reaching out to Hoiberg (or anyone) while Miles was still coaching in the season. Let's face it, it's possible to screw up firing someone but there really isn't a good way to do it. No matter what you do medial will complain about it. But you better know who you are replacing him with or you will get destroyed in the media, and on here of course.

Reactions: huskerfan66

Based on his time at ISU -a very uptempo offense. They tried to score in transition, and if not, he ran a lot of good half-court sets and quick hitters to get open outside shots. They often lived by the fast break and the 3-pointer. It worked, as ISU was one of the top scoring teams in the nation his last 3 years there.

I really hope its Hoiberg. He's number on my list and I'm guessing about everyone on here as well.

And here's where the awful writers will come in. The same people who ripped Steve Pederson for firing Solich and not having his next man ready, are the ones who will rip Moos for reaching out to Hoiberg (or anyone) while Miles was still coaching in the season. Let's face it, it's possible to screw up firing someone but there really isn't a good way to do it. No matter what you do medial will complain about it. But you better know who you are replacing him with or you will get destroyed in the media, and on here of course.

First we have to compare Solich to Tim Miles in your statement..

Solich had a very respectable winning record and Tim Miles is only a couple of games above .500..

2, Wannstedt never was head coach for a college team..

I’m not going to ripe Moos because there is different circumstances..

I would take Hoiberg every single day of the week over Altmann....
I will say this if he does hire Hoiberg then i would argue that his hiring of Frost....then Hoiberg would be two of the best hires this university has ever seen....Moos is putting his stamp on this program in a big way..
Whats next Moos gets Joe Girardi to replace Erstad...lol i wouldnt put it past him...j/k
GBR go get em Moos

We’re happy with coach Prohm. There will be some who are mad (100% were bummed) at him for leaving, but most are happy for his contribution as a player and coach and wish him the best wherever it is. I don’t think he’d ever coach at KU or UT out of respect for ISU.

Y’all got the right guy at the helm for Iowa State. If Hoiberg comes to Lincoln I think it’s a win-win for both programs. You don’t have to play him and he can do damage against Iowa again. I’m sure some won’t like it because we are old regional rivals but, like you said, there are a lot worse places for him for Iowa State fans!

Good luck this weekend! I really do root for Iowa State and was really close to going to Tulsa this weekend with some ISU friends of mine before work got in the way.

Reactions: huskerfan66

He's very into playing team basketball and pushing the pace. We haven't had a coach like this since Nee. The past few coaches were all about slowing it down and trying to win 55 to 50. Miles was all about hero ball. Hoiberg is a field general. Check out the name of the play at 1:18 :Cool:

He's very into playing team basketball and pushing the pace. We haven't had a coach like this since Nee. The past few coaches were all about slowing it down and trying to win 55 to 50. Miles was all about hero ball. Hoiberg is a field general. Check out the name of the play at 1:18 :Cool:

We should have sent these videos to Coach Miles. He might have learned that it is legal for players to move and cut without the ball in the half court.

Reactions: TheNewNU

Gosh, I love seeing the ball being zipped around the court like that!! That was absent most of the time with Miles.

I don’t see anything that says he met with him in Chicago. In fact aren’t we pretty sure Moos wasn’t in Chicago during the tournament

I don’t see anything that says he met with him in Chicago. In fact aren’t we pretty sure Moos wasn’t in Chicago during the tournament
Think he made the opener and then bailed. Freddy was there to watch his son play. People assume they hooked up.

Pass the baaaaall....

Paass the Baaaaaaaalll.....

Paaaaaaaassss the Baaaaaaall....

Pass......the.........ball

Shoot the J.......

Shooot the Jaaaaay....

Shooooooooot the Jaaaaaaaay....

Shoot......the.......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT