ADVERTISEMENT

Preacher Rhule’s Record With Free Agency

16-34

Good stuff
tenor.gif

Same people who dismissed Rhule’s historically bad NFL tenure are now posting about college football being the same as the NFL

Funny

Is being the head coach of Nebraska in 2023 more similar to being the head coach (and GM) of an NFL team?

Or more similar to coaching Baylor 6 years ago?

These questions arent allowed. Just attention seeking and whining.

Tweets about girls volleyball are much more important than critical thinking

Several great CFB coaches flamed out in the NFL and came back to the college game and killed it. It is literally apples to oranges to compare the two.
They didn’t come back to the transfer portal era of college football

Time to update your argument

Far as I can tell zero coaches flamed out in the NFL and have come back to college and succeeded in todays environment

It’s not apples to oranges

Unless you still believe college football today is closer to college football of old than the NFL

I think its way to early to be posting stuff like this (in fact its really weird) and I don't want to get in the way of you being miserable and trying to bring down the mood of the whole room so have at it.

I think its way to early to be posting atuff like this (in fact its really weird) and I don't want to get in the way of you being miserable and trying to bring down the mood of the whole room so have at it.
Too early?

Rhule has coached 4 years in a free agent environment. His win totals:

1 (fired after 5 games)

• Haha
Reactions: headcard
Same people who dismissed Rhule’s historically bad NFL tenure are now posting about college football being the same as the NFL

Funny

Is being the head coach of Nebraska in 2023 more similar to being the head coach (and GM) of an NFL team?

issues-austin-powers.gif

You don't really operate in reality
You say this a lot

And every time you decline to provide proof of your claim

I welcome your feedback. Its telling you have none

You just don’t like the truth I post and would rather read the packer fan’s volleyball updates or put some taint slurping pic on your profile

I submit as evidence your entire posting history under any number of your handles.
Including the stuff you agree with?

Or should we head to the orchard for some cherry picking? I know that’s your favorite, jnebby

Off the ridge coming from you, the king of cherry picking
Only half of Rhule’s 8 years as a college HC count

None of his NFL tenure matters

Losses are due to extenuating circumstances, wins are all him

Blah blah blah

Do you think todays college football landscape is more similar to the NFL than mid-2010s college football?
Do you think any high caliber QB was going to come to Nebraska since it is on its 3rd head coach in recent memory and hasn't been to a bowl game since 2016??

Just wave the wand and Rhule lands all the great portal players? Wake up.

Funny

Remember that Nick Saban is also a failed NFL coach, but he is doing quite well at the college level.

Do you think todays college football landscape is more similar to the NFL than mid-2010s college football?
I think I have seen several players that MR has recruited playing early and playing well. I have seen several players he picked up in the portal do well also. The exception is Jeff Simms. MR has chosen to be classy and say positive things about JS’s character, value as a teammate etc. You on the other hand have been a jerk about that, and about MR’s style etc. Do you not want the best for the Huskers? Do you want chaos in recruiting, in the staff, the players, the program? Or are you just mad that urban wasn’t hired, or LL, or someone else?
You are so miserable I just think it would be better for you to try not to think about the huskers, not obsessively post strange things, maybe go become a Luddite until they get a coach you like. That way you can be happier and so can we-Hopefully for the next 20 years or so.

That's what OP does. Whining and attention seeking.

Connecting being a Head Coach for the worst NFL franchise, to being a CFB Coach. But it is all "free agency" to him, so sure they are somehow the same.
its a fair indictment though.

look at how far Dabo has fallen since Rhule was last coaching in college.

its unfortunately a different landscape

its a fair indictment though.

look at how far Dabo has fallen since Rhule was last coaching in college.

its unfortunately a different landscape

It’s not, at all. NFL and college are two entirely different things. College football today is still a heck of a lot more like college football five years ago than it is like the NFL. It’s also just silly to suggest any experience or success in CFB pre-NIL is meaningless.

Funny

I don’t think that means Rhule can’t adapt. This isn’t just new to Matt Rhule, this is new to every coach and/or administration, it’s about who can adapt most effectively. He’s already made a number of comments that indicate the amount of resources necessary to build a roster have been grossly underestimated. He’s also made comments that suggest he’s not a big fan of the direction NIL/portal has taken CFB. And I think that’s exactly the approach a forward thinking, adaptive coach should take.

Get with the changing times and pay the damn players whatever it takes to win, behind the scenes be doing everything with in your power to advocate for regulation and reform. If I’m coaching in today’s climate that’s what I’m telling my administration. “We need to pay the money to succeed now, but also do everything possible to get this shitshow regulated and under control.”

It’s not, at all. NFL and college are two entirely different things. College football today is still a heck of a lot more like college football five years ago than it is like the NFL. It’s also just silly to suggest any experience or success in CFB pre-NIL is meaningless.
I get the NFL bit you're saying, but the concern that Rhule can't succeed in the NIL era is legitimate considering it wasn't around when he was at Baylor

You say this a lot

And every time you decline to provide proof of your claim

I welcome your feedback. Its telling you have none

You just don’t like the truth I post and would rather read the packer fan’s volleyball updates or put some taint slurping pic on your profile
I'm by no means anti-you as a poster, but resorting to name calling never helps your cause

Reactions: JOHNNY N
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT