Pre spring D line and WR depth charts

Top 6 WR are relatively easy:
Washington
Kemp
Fleeks
Betts
IGC
Brown

Although Brown doesn't have a lot of production for how much he's played. Not sure if that's him or the qbs.

4 of 6 wouldn't be on the team if Frost was still coach.

Reactions: Gary.Busey
Washington
Kemp
Fleeks
Betts
IGC
Brown

Although Brown doesn't have a lot of production for how much he's played. Not sure if that's him or the qbs.

4 of 6 wouldn't be on the team if Frost was still coach.
Given how this staff wants to play physical, I wouldn’t be surprised if Janiran Bonner carves out a role in the Top group.
As stated above, Coleman also will make a push if he can learn his role.

Washington
Kemp
Fleeks
Betts
IGC
Brown
Dline is a bit tricky, as all of the Edge guys won't be used in the same way. But the top run-stopping combo would be Ty and Wynn at DE and Nash at NG. Are Jeudy and Buckley ready to be in a rotation? I could see Sherman and Gunnerson being used closer to the line and a guy like Borders being more a of OLB type.

Have to include Coleman probably the best receiver walking into the locker room..
I have to see it before I believe the hype anymore. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him in that group at the end of spring. I think Betts is legit. He's so smooth. Has the NFL size. Has Big 10 experience. I've seen nothing to think he doesn't have good hands. Hopefully he's mentally ready.

• Love
Reactions: Gary.Busey
Dline is a bit tricky, as all of the Edge guys won't be used in the same way. But the top run-stopping combo would be Ty and Wynn at DE and Nash at NG. Are Jeudy and Buckley ready to be in a rotation? I could see Sherman and Gunnerson being used closer to the line and a guy like Borders being more a of OLB type.
Frost and the last 2 dline coaches left us in terrible shape at DL. I think Robinson has more than he has shown but wow. What a lack of depth and production.

Frost and the last 2 dline coaches left us in terrible shape at DL. I think Robinson has more than he has shown but wow. What a lack of depth and production.
Five guys were used in the interior last season, with Drew and Nash used less than Ty, Feist and Wynn. I assume there will be a mix of 2-3 big guys used per snap. Could even see one used with Sherman and Gunnerson on passing downs. The 3-3-5 is supposed to have flexibility to what’s available on tbe roster. That will be tested by NU in the first year.

I'll be very surprised if Jeudy and Buckley aren't in the rotation.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Cody should have started out @ LB and only played LB @ NU. They guy would have been a super star. I remember when he was recruited, people would say he’d easily have been a 5 star if he was going in as a LB. Heck if he’d have been a LB day 1, he’s probably playing on the 2009 team... would have been a sick LB trio and made that D even better.

Those front 6? guys are gonna be so important.
Stop the run=good things will happen. That’s where it all starts.

Cody should have started out @ LB and only played LB @ NU. They guy would have been a super star. I remember when he was recruited, people would say he’d easily have been a 5 star if he was going in as a LB. Heck if he’d have been a LB day 1, he’s probably playing on the 2009 team... would have been a sick LB trio and made that D even better.
I liked him as a RB as well. He ran hard then helped the team by switching to LB. Just a really tough player.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT