ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers Needed

...TrueColors...

Nebraska Legend
Jan 22, 2009
Hey fellas. I usually don't do this, but a friend of mine needs some prayers today. This friend and I were doing some wood working in his garage yesterday putting together some center pieces for his wedding and me finishing up a farmhouse table we were keeping a secret from his soon to be wife that she said she always wanted.

Well, as he was making a simple mitre cut the safety guard got caught on the mitre table, he then tried to force the blade down and as he did it the guard must have hit the blade and just exploded on him. The plexy glass shards went everywhere and hit him in various places (thank the Lord none in his face or in his neck) and it scared him so much that his left middle finger and part of his ring finger went right across the blade of the saw.

He came over to me and opened his middle finger up like a book cover and there was one of the shards sticking (not overly deep) in his left bicep and he had little cuts all over his body mostly his left side. The cut in his finger was all the way down to the bone from the tip of the finger to the second knuckle. I ran back to the house to grab anything I could to give him to put pressure on his finger and as I was running back to the trucks he fainted and just hammered the side of my truck.

This is a guy who has done HVAC for 10 years, has a journeymen license, etc. Basically the last guy I expected to have an accident like this. While we were at the ER I gathered his left bicep is nothing a few stitches wouldn't fix, but they aren't sure what's all going on with that middle finger of his. It will require surgery as there is definitely damage to the bone, but our main concern is that he makes his living with his hands and that he regains full dexterity and use of his left hand.

Awfully traumatizing experience for us both (obviously him more than me) and it could have been much worse. Shows how easy it is to have an accident while doing these sorts of things and I'd like to ask for your prayers for a full recovery.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News