ADVERTISEMENT

Povich named B1G pitcher of the week for 3rd time

Hskrbsbl2020

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 1, 2019
Wallace deserves B1G pitcher of the year, but Povich has won this award 3 times and a case could've been made.

Povich Named Big Ten Pitcher of the Week for Third Time in 2021

Lincoln
- For the third time this season junior left-hander Cade Povich was been named Big Ten Pitcher of the Week, announced by the league office on Tuesday afternoon. The Bellevue native also earned the award on March 30 and May 18.

Povich improved to 6-1 on the year with a victory over Michigan last Friday. A 2021 first-team All-Big Ten selection, Povich matched his career high by going 7.0 innings in the 1-0 win over the Wolverines. Povich allowed only four hits and struck out nine, including an immaculate first inning where he struck out all three Wolverines on just nine pitches.

The Huskers earned five weekly awards during the 2021 season. Along with Povich’s three honors, Max Anderson was named freshman of the week on May 18 and Cam Chick was named player of the week on March 24.

• Love
Reactions: sklarbodds
you have to keep the normal routine because there is no way you can afford to lose the first game because the pitcher were going up against is a decent pitcher and capable of beating us with his arm. also you have to beat Arkansas twice so its going to come down to the bullpen either way

I stated in another thread that depending in how many pitches Povich throws on Friday, you could also use him in the 4th game if they make it that far or if needed even if out of the bullpen.

Northeastern is good. We need to win game 1 before anything else matters. We need Povich to throw his regular Friday start IMO.
Statistically speaking you have over an 80% chance of winning the regional if you start 2-0. We just need to find a way to do that. If you use your best pitchers in those games so do it. Figure it out after you go 2-0 is my thought process.

Statistically speaking you have over an 80% chance of winning the regional if you start 2-0. We just need to find a way to do that. If you use your best pitchers in those games so do it. Figure it out after you go 2-0 is my thought process.
Exactly. Winning game 1 and losing game 2 isn't really that much better than losing game 1 and winning game 2. They're basically equal.

So if that's true, then you throw your best against the best of those 2 teams.

I'm 100% against the idea of throwing Cade on Friday and I think that's a huge mistake

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Exactly. Winning game 1 and losing game 2 isn't really that much better than losing game 1 and winning game 2. They're basically equal.

So if that's true, then you throw your best against the best of those 2 teams.

I'm 100% against the idea of throwing Cade on Friday and I think that's a huge mistake
That’s where I’m at but it isn’t something to debate too long on RSS. Haha The way I look at it, if you can’t beat Northeastern with Hroch then you certainly won’t beat Arkansas with Hroch. A Hroch-Povich order gives us our best chance at going 2-0.

The other thought is to beat the team you are expected to beat in Northeastern with Povich and consider everything else icing on the cake. I’m just not built that way.

ADVERTISEMENT