ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Potential transfer OL to watch from Colorado State

Sean Callahan

Nebraska Legend
May 29, 2001
Lincoln, NE
huskeronline.com
Former Norris (Neb.) and Germany native Nouredin Nouili officially put his name in the NCAA transfer portal at Colorado State on Monday.
I can tell you Nouili has a "very high level" of interest in transferring back to Nebraska, as he considers Lincoln his home. Nouili also lived with the Hausmann family, and Ashton Hausmann will walk-on at NU next fall after winning the 100-meter dash at Norris as a junior.

I believe he made this move with the hope/intent to come back to Nebraska, but as of right now it would probably require him to have to come as a walk-on for the first year.

I talked with Nouilil briefly today, and he's going to keep an open mind in the process and see what other schools come his way. As a true freshman, he started 7 games at left guard and played 417 snaps at CSU. Rams head coach Mike Bobo recently stepped down this past week, and it's unknown what direction things are heading.

I think it's a very similar deal to McCook's Zach Schlager from back in August. He didn't like the direction things were heading there and followed his heart back home to Nebraska. There's a very good possibility Nouili would do that, but I think he would like some type of assurance he'd go on scholarship in year two if he decided to walk-on. He's going to get some interest from others, so if you could get him as a walk-on, that would be a pretty big get that wouldn't count on your 25-man recruiting line for 2020 or 2021.

The only snag I could see if NU already has six scholarship linemen that would technically be in his class. Having a seventh down the road would really throw off your numbers for the future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News