ADVERTISEMENT

Posts from Illini Fans

Some more good stuff:

"
Just watched the full game highlights of the Nebraska vs Colorado game. A few takeaways:

1: Nebraska’s running game is very good. If we can’t stop it, they might not even need to throw to win.

2: Raiola is very good. A true playmaker. A great arm. Good on his feet. The full package.

But—he’s just begging for a multiple interception game this year. Against Colorado, he had one ball he just floated up in the air for a 40 yard gain. A better defense picks that off every time. He had another pass that bounced off the chest plate of a Colorado defender and back into the arms of a Nebraska receiver for a touchdown.

3: Nebraska’s defensive line is scary. Luke’s gonna take a few hits in this game. Our offensive line has to play much better.

4: Nebraska’s defense plays very sound. Not very many missed tackles. When they hit, they hit hard, they wrap up, and they take their guy to the ground.

All that said, the Nebraska / Colorado game was much closer than the score would indicate.

It was one of those games where nothing went right for Colorado and everything went right for Nebraska.

A list:

- 2 “should-have-been” interceptions by Colorado which lead to touchdowns for Nebraska. Take those two off the board and it’s a different game.

- When the score was 7-0, Colorado threw a pick six that was just a terrible read by Sanders and never should have been thrown.

- Nebraska blocked a field goal on the 10 yard line.

- Nebraska stuffed Colorado on 4th and inches twice.

- Targeting called against Colorado with less than a minute to go before halftime that lead to a Nebraska touchdown to go up 28-0 at half.

Nebraska was clearly the better, more talented team, but this game was closer than it appeared.

More evidence of that:

This is the net success rate from the game, which captures which team had more successful plays (it doesn’t take into account turnovers, penalties, and other important parts of football, but typically the teams with the best net success rate over the span of a season win the most games).

Colorado had a better net success rate than Nebraska""
People need help. Dear Lord help this boy grow into a brain that functions properly. Common sense skills are lacking if anyone watched that game and thought that game was closer than score would indicate. It was actually the exact opposite and for that I know that posters intelligence is lacking

Reactions: HuskerDana
I
morgan freeman idgaf GIF

A couple of things:

1) The Colorado game was nowhere near as close as the final score. Anyone claiming that game was ever close after the first quarter is a flaming idiot.

2) Those posts were on their own board. And are the kind of things that fans are supposed to post on their own board.

3) I greatly admire Illinois fans. Take our last 20 seasons of hell, extrapolate that to 130 years, and you have.........Illinois football. Yet they hang in there. Tip of the cap.

So, I already posted one post about how a few (not all, most understand the logistics of things) acted all academic high and mighty because NU is doing remote classes tomorrow, which clearly makes sense because 90,000+ people will be in lincoln between today and tomorrow by 1pm.

But then stupid posts like this, I mean, this dork seems almost upset that husker fans posting on a husker site are predicting the Huskers to win a home game against Illinois. And this weird idea that NU has been bad for 25 years is insane. 10 years, sure! It is not even a bad post it is just weird, weird that husker fans would not be positive.

Here is the lame post

I find their enthusiasm and frankly cockiness to be so odd and amusing, haha. Like, our basketball fans were rightfully cocky circa 2006 ... coming off of a National Championship appearance, 4 out of 5 Big Ten championships, 2 Elite Eights and 4 Sweet Sixteens in 5 years, etc. However, when we fell on hard times, it actually took a VERY long time for our fans to drop the chicken little nonsense even once we got good again. Pretty much before we made the Elite Eight this year, there was still a large voice within our fan base that made it sound like we were still long suffering.

Compare that to Nebraska right now. They have not been, in any real sense, an elite football program in almost 25 years. A new coach and a 3-0 start that is not any more impressive than ours on paper, and they're literally ALL hyper-confident in at least a two-score victory, lol. It's not like 60%+ are predicting a blowout, and there is a more pessimistic group saying it might be a close game ... it literally seems like over 90% are predicting an easy win. Was Nebraska football in its heyday more elite than Illini basketball? I mean, sure, of course. However, first of all, that is very much an apples-to-oranges comparison beating up on the Big Eight and being placed in a bowl that could crown you "National Champion" right away if that's how the AP voters feel like voting the next week ... not exactly comparable to a one-and-done basketball tournament where you have to win six straight to cut down the nets. Place the AP-ranked #2 Fighting Illini in the 2021 NCAA Tournament Championship Game right after the BTT, and we might very well have a "National Championship." Second of all, even if their heights were INFINITELY higher, any Husker fan old enough to have lived through that is honestly in his 50s right now and has watched a quarter century of football that should have humbled their fans a bit, lol.

I must admit, I admire the passion, and I frankly wish our fans had a more naturally optimistic outlook that promoted Illinois as the greatest thing since sliced bread even when we were down ... it would go a long way toward filling our stands more consistently and teaching young Illinoisans to be proud Illini fans. However, there is a line that any rational human being should draw, too, and I expected a bit more humility from a fan base that everyone is always slobbering all over about how polite and welcoming and nice they are. I do not doubt there will be many 70-year old gentleman dressed like Mr. Rogers tomorrow night in Lincoln who will graciously welcome Illini fans to come have an appetizer at their tailgate and ask them how they are enjoying Lincoln so far, lol ... but their online fan base is at least as nasty and combative and undeservedly arrogant as any out there that I have seen, personally.
It’s not that bad. What do you expect from their die hard fans? There is some legitimacy to what he is saying. He is questioning our fans calling it an easy win. I wish I was that confident.

For the record I’m taking Nebraska and giving up 9

It’s not that bad. What do you expect from their die hard fans? There is some legitimacy to what he is saying. He is questioning our fans calling it an easy win. I wish I was that confident.

For the record I’m taking Nebraska and giving up 9
I don't think it is bad, I even said that in my post. I think it is weird that he is shocked that husker fans on a husker site would be calling for their team to win and win easily. And bringing up "the past" is such a lazy take. I don't think we think the Skers will win because they were good in the 90's. I think they will win because Illinois is lame at football, they are on the road and they have the same team as last year that got beat at home.

Nebraska vs Colorado

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Colorado was defeated after the first two series of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: leodisflowers
Nebraska vs Colorado

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Colorado was defeated after the first two series of the game.
Shit, I thought based on the fact they couldn't handle our pressure on the first series that it was going to be a long night for CU. If you don't have a couple good scripted plays to handle our dline on the first series then it isn't good for you.

We haven’t pulled our weight since joining the B1G so comments like his make sense. A lot of B1G fans think the Big 8 was very easy compared to “the mighty B1G”. It actually makes me laugh when I hear stuff like that as we thought the B1G sucked before joining. You can tell the Illini poster is young and has never been to Lincoln for a game. He is just seeking attention on the Illinois board.

I wouldn’t post on Illinois board but couldn’t give a $hit what they are any other fans of Big-10 teams think. I hate the Big-10 but I understand why we joined.

We haven’t pulled our weight since joining the B1G so comments like his make sense. A lot of B1G fans think the Big 8 was very easy compared to “the mighty B1G”. It actually makes me laugh when I hear stuff like that as we thought the B1G sucked before joining. You can tell the Illini poster is young and has never been to Lincoln for a game. He is just seeking attention on the Illinois board.
I think when you lose a long time coach that provided stability in every facet of the program it's very hard to replace that. And to be honest you never really do. Yes you can have success and you have and you will but guys like Osborne are once every century hires. You can't even build a program like was done in the old days.
The BIG was a very arrogant conference and they showed zero respect to anyone that joined the conference. Trust me I know from when Penn State joined. Everyone's history and coaching was nothing to the BIG and we all know that's a joke. If Nebraska has Osborne in his prime I think it's safe to assume they would do pretty well.
Same with Joe. He went undefeated in his second year but he had been coaching for 30 years at that point and was not the same guy.
Anyway, rhule will do well but he'll never be a Tom Osborne but you already knew that.

Reactions: Pyrogasm
I think when you lose a long time coach that provided stability in every facet of the program it's very hard to replace that. And to be honest you never really do. Yes you can have success and you have and you will but guys like Osborne are once every century hires. You can't even build a program like was done in the old days.
The BIG was a very arrogant conference and they showed zero respect to anyone that joined the conference. Trust me I know from when Penn State joined. Everyone's history and coaching was nothing to the BIG and we all know that's a joke. If Nebraska has Osborne in his prime I think it's safe to assume they would do pretty well.
Same with Joe. He went undefeated in his second year but he had been coaching for 30 years at that point and was not the same guy.
Anyway, rhule will do well but he'll never be a Tom Osborne but you already knew that.
Besides Saban there isn’t very many what TO accomplish in this coaching profession..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT