Votes: 7 3.9%
  • John Cook

Votes: 38 21.0%
  • Dave Rimington

Votes: 20 11.0%
  • Other

Votes: 39 21.5%

• Total voters
Would Cook even want it?? Yes he would be doubling his salary ( which he should be already getting or atleast he should with performance bonus). Coaching and AD are very different yet similar. Coach Cook is a great manager of personnel and let's his assistants have rein to do their job.

Coach Cook would be a great ambassador and respected representative at the B1G...

But would he want it? Would he be up for another challenge or would he rather enjoy a much deserved retirement??

Would Cook even want it?? Yes he would be doubling his salary ( which he should be already getting or atleast he should with performance bonus). Coaching and AD are very different yet similar. Coach Cook is a great manager of personnel and let's his assistants have rein to do their job.

Coach Cook would be a great ambassador and respected representative at the B1G...

But would he want it? Would he be up for another challenge or would he rather enjoy a much deserved retirement??

See, I agree with this. The AD position has changed so much. Back in the day you coached at the school, did well, and your "retirement gift" was becoming the AD, where you golfed, shook hands, told stories, went out to eat and raised money.

But now it is so much more of a business. The days of the legendary stories of Bob driving his caddy on campus and drinking in the office and partying downtown are long gone.

Reactions: Swiv3D

Yeah I think if Cook decides he wants to be an administrator, it will be something volleyball-specific at the national level. I don't know him personally, but Nebraska AD just doesn't seem like a job Cook would be interested in.

or perhaps the fact that he is in his fourth year and nebraska has the worst combined major sports programs (football + MBB) in all of major college sports - and second place isn't even close

And THIS is SAAAAD. I would have wanted someone who was an alumni a few years ago, but that hasn't worked so far with the football program.

I rather have a young to middle age man from the Midwest/Southern area with their values and cares more about winning football than he does about a turtle in Argentina....

Reactions: baseball31ne
or perhaps the fact that he is in his fourth year and nebraska has the worst combined major sports programs (football + MBB) in all of major college sports - and second place isn't even close
Who is second?

I still don’t see him going anywhere anytime soon. Football goes to bowl this season and basketball improved tremendously if for no other reason they have continuity in roster

Who is second?

heading into the basketball season - neb and Oregon State were the only power 5 programs with zero combined bowl games and ncaa tourney bids the last 4 seasons

Oregon State advanced to the elite 8 this year leaving neb the undisputed champion when it comes to futility

heading into the basketball season - neb and Oregon State were the only power 5 programs with zero combined bowl games and ncaa tourney bids the last 4 seasons

Oregon State advanced to the elite 8 this year leaving neb the undisputed champion when it comes to futility
But NU did have a bowl game, they turned it down. So they were in fact invited to play in a bowl game, you agree with that, right?

And they played in the NIT seasons ago, which is an NCAA sponsored event, so they did have a bid. You agree with that, right?

I still don’t see him going anywhere anytime soon. Football goes to bowl this season and basketball improved tremendously if for no other reason they have continuity in roster

I wasn't aware we were measuring improvement based on continuity of roster - I always thought it was wins and losses but I haven't kept up on some of the more advanced analytics

Bill Moos has committed 9+ million dollars + buyout of the previous coaches and in 5 combined seasons there hasn't been a single season that has resulted in an improved conference win total when compared to the coaches he fired

Last edited:
I wasn't aware we were measuring improvement based on continuity of roster - I always thought it was wins and losses but I haven't kept up on some of the more advanced analytics

Bill Moos has committed 9+ million dollars + buyout of the previous coaches and in 5 combined seasons there hasn't been a single season that has resulted in an improved conference win total when compared to the coaches he replaced
See, this is refreshing. You got caught being wrong and instead of trying to get out of it, you admitted that you don't know and that you have not kept up on sports.

Most posters would freak out and cause drama. I applaud you for being able to admit you didn't know.

See, this is refreshing. You got caught being wrong and instead of trying to get out of it, you admitted that you don't know and that you have not kept up on sports.

Most posters would freak out and cause drama. I applaud you for being able to admit you didn't know.

Learn something every day...who knew AD’s were responsible for wins and loses? I thought they hired coaches to be responsible for such things. And a guy who delivered the two best perceived, can’t miss, have to get hires in the history of NU athletics is actually a failure because it hasn’t panned out....what was moos thinking hiring these guys? Maybe, just maybe, we have good (to great) coaches that actually have a tough job that will take time to succeed in. I know...not exactly a modern society concept having delayed gratification and having to exhibit patience, but it’s seems to be true. That or Moos needs to step up and teach these previously high achieving coaches how to coach.

Learn something every day...who knew AD’s were responsible for wins and loses? I thought they hired coaches to be responsible for such things. And a guy who delivered the two best perceived, can’t miss, have to get hires in the history of NU athletics is actually a failure because it hasn’t panned out....what was moos thinking hiring these guys? Maybe, just maybe, we have good (to great) coaches that actually have a tough job that will take time to succeed in. I know...not exactly a modern society concept having delayed gratification and having to exhibit patience, but it’s seems to be true. That or Moos needs to step up and teach these previously high achieving coaches how to coach.

Nailed it and it’s not even close. Moos made 2 “A” lvl hires (AT THE TIME) as football and basketball Head Coaches (no one could have foreseen both coaches struggling like they have). Then you look at Will Bolt and so far this season he has our Huskers playing some good baseball. Myself, I’m giving it another 2-3 more years and then I’ll reevaluate things with our 3 coaches, then I’ll make a judgment call and give my opinion then.

With all that, I’m not touching the next AD question. Years down the road when Moos is done, retires or what ever, then I’ll go with J Cook. He’d be the perfect guy for the job. After Cook, then maybe it’s Trev Alberts. GBR

Last edited:
I don't care if the next AD has Nebraska ties or not, I want to see a PROVEN POWER 5 A.D. come here. The whole, "We need a Nebraska guy" is total BS. If you want to unify Husker Nation, START WINNING!! Nothing builds unity like winning.

Reactions: JaySker402

Get help

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT