ADVERTISEMENT

Portal time again? Iowa loses a WR and RB

The Iowa WR has one catch on the season. The Alabama DL has one tackle on the season.

I was wondering if this redshirt and transfer game was going to catch on in the B1G or SEC. It has, but so far only with people getting very little playing time.

I saw UCF had 6 players do this. 2 starters plus 4 backups.
So, he was Iowa's best WR? Eek

Recruits have to know they come to block for the RB and TE.

If you’re a talented WR or QB, you know you’re gonna have bottom half of the NCAA stats across the board in that offense. You’re not even remotely going to get the support and/or opportunity to show pro scouts anything. Serious programs groom NFL QBs and WRs or at least try. Kurt grooms future insurance salesmen and rental car agents…

If you’re a talented WR or QB, you know you’re gonna have bottom half of the NCAA stats across the board in that offense. You’re not even remotely going to get the support and/or opportunity to show pro scouts anything. Serious programs groom NFL QBs and WRs or at least try. Kurt grooms future insurance salesmen and rental car agents…
They have some TEs in the league: Kittle, Hochenstein, Fant.

Had 821 yards and 4.8 ypc last year. This year, 21 yards on 11 carries.
Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by NBA
Wow.

• Haha
Reactions: V-Doub and headcard
Clear the dead weight.
Gotta be done
This is good and necessary. You set a high standard and you challenge guys to meet it or exceed it. Sometimes those guys aren’t making much noise and sometimes they are good players like Micah. Either way, as coaches you have to have integrity and back up what you preach. When the players can trust each other and their coaches, you form a cohesive unit and go to war together. It’s all part of the process of creating a winning foundation. As good as Nebraska was for as long as it was, it’s hard to believe we ever lost it.

Reactions: Frozone and Laner2
They have some TEs in the league: Kittle, Hochenstein, Fant.
I’m still pissed that my Vikes traded for Hockenson. Yeah he catches some balls but seems like every game he had an inexplicable costly drop. Would rather the Vikes had ZERO Hawkeyes on the team.

I’m still pissed that my Vikes traded for Hockenson. Yeah he catches some balls but seems like every game he had an inexplicable costly drop. Would rather the Vikes had ZERO Hawkeyes on the team.
As a Lions fan, I could not have been more excited to dump Hock. He is a decent TE that drops balls and was going to demand a huge contract. It was a great trade for the Lions.

• Sad
Reactions: dinglefritz
I noticed that. But why would poor stats and little opportunity to impress pro scouts impact QB and WR but not TE?

Because they prioritize the TE in their offense. Lots of 2 TE sets to block for the run game and they’re often 2 of the 3 available targets in the play action pass game. Did you really need me to state the obvious? Their 1950’s offense features RBs and TEs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT