ADVERTISEMENT

Poor video qual on Prime for Lions/Packers?

bigboxes

Nebraska Legend
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
Anyone else notice poor image quality on tonight's Prime broadcast of the Lions/Packers game? I didn't try a pirate stream to compare it to my Amazon account. It wasn't all the time, but it seemed overall it wasn't as good as I would have liked.

Anyone else notice poor image quality on tonight's Prime broadcast of the Lions/Packers game? I didn't try a pirate stream to compare it to my Amazon account. It wasn't all the time, but it seemed overall it wasn't as good as I would have liked.
Yes BB. I have had the same issues going back to last season. I have no idea what is causing it so I just stopped watching it.

Same. It's been discussed a lot on other forums. It's a problem for a lot of people with no real explanation.

I have the fastest internet speed available and stream everything...music all day, work from home, all my television including other Amazon Prime shows, YouTube TV, Netflix, Hulu, etc. House is pretty much fully automated all streaming. Only issue is Thursday night Prime NFL game.

Between that and Herbstreet/Kermit the Frog announcing and it rarely being a game I give much of a shit about, I don't watch either other than to check an occasional score.

Reactions: bigboxes
I've had a lot of similar issues with one of our Fire TV devices. If I switch over and stream through the smart tv it's connected to, all of the issues go away. It's definitely the Fire TV device in my case.

Reactions: bigboxes
I've had a lot of similar issues with one of our Fire TV devices. If I switch over and stream through the smart tv it's connected to, all of the issues go away. It's definitely the Fire TV device in my case.
I've watched a few TNF games through the FireTV devices and didn't have an issue, previously. Last night, I experienced some degradation on two TVs, both through FireTV devices. It wasn't major, but noticable.

Reactions: mgbreis
Have about 600mbps at the house. Didn’t notice any quality issues last night and had it on in den and master bedroom

Yeah, that's not my issue. I'm a PC tech and my FireTV device is wired with Cat6A. No buffering issues on my end. It's more like the occasional picture degradation. Just wondered if it was just me.
It’s not just you. I’ve been disappointed in it as well.

My friend had the same issue on his TCL smart TV but may have been streaming through a firestick. He turned it on on a different tv with his Xbox and it was fine. Worked fine on my Xbox. Sounds like it was the software on specific hardware issue.

Mine is firestick also. Tried it on all the TVs and same on all of them. And at least one of those firesticks is new in the last couple months, so it should be current technology. How you gonna have a broadcast on your own platform not work with your own hardware? Come on Amazon...get your shit together. (as Bezos laughs all the way to the bank)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT