ADVERTISEMENT

Poly Pipeline-Houston Kaahaaina-Torres is N!!

OfFebX.gif

Will be a 4 star when it's all said and done. Great pickup. Love these last few commits we have gotten. Gotta admit I'm not near as high on the first few commits outside of a guy or two. They look like solid guys. But not sure fire guys you need to beat the OSUs/Michigans//PSUs/Oregon.

If the goal is to win BIG and .aje playoffs we have ro recruit better. I'm not just talking star rating either. We have 3-4 3 star guys who aren't near the caliber of this guy. I'm just saying we got upgrade talent across the board if we wanna win BIG.

The question I have to ask myself with every recruit/commit we get is. Can we beat OSU/Michigan etc with this kind of recruit? Not even talking right away either. I mean if they are developed to there best can we compete/beat those guys with them. If the answer is no then I'm not too excited about said commits. Imo there are too many "no's" in the first fee commits imo. But lately I'm loving the direction.

Holla

Will be a 4 star when it's all said and done. Great pickup. Love these last few commits we have gotten. Gotta admit I'm not near as high on the first few commits outside of a guy or two. They look like solid guys. But not sure fire guys you need to beat the OSUs/Michigans//PSUs/Oregon.

If the goal is to win BIG and .aje playoffs we have ro recruit better. I'm not just talking star rating either. We have 3-4 3 star guys who aren't near the caliber of this guy. I'm just saying we got upgrade talent across the board if we wanna win BIG.

The question I have to ask myself with every recruit/commit we get is. Can we beat OSU/Michigan etc with this kind of recruit? Not even talking right away either. I mean if they are developed to there best can we compete/beat those guys with them. If the answer is no then I'm not too excited about said commits. Imo there are too many "no's" in the first fee commits imo. But lately I'm loving the direction.

Holla
Winning a very winnable game against Minnesota or at least one the last four games against weak competition and going to a bowl game would have made a difference.

Will be a 4 star when it's all said and done. Great pickup. Love these last few commits we have gotten.

The question I have to ask myself with every recruit/commit we get is. Can we beat OSU/Michigan etc with this kind of recruit?

Holla
Great question. My answer with Kaahaaina-Torres is "hell yes". We're not getting the same caliber of recruits as the best programs. But at the same token, there are a lot of good players out there. Getting the best player out of Hawaii is a great way to try to close that gap!

These are the kind of kids that sets Rhule's recruiting apart from the previous coaches. It's beyond belief that we were recruiting kids like Alex Conn, Will Farnoik, Jimmie Fritzsche, Michael Lynn, and Matthew Anderson, all guys who were at best FCS talent. Still some of those guys in the OL room, but they're being moved out.

Last edited:
Great question. My answer with Kaahaaina-Torres is "hell yes". We're not getting the same caliber of recruits as the best programs. But at the same token, there are a lot of good players out there. Getting the best player out of Hawaii is a great way to try to close that gap!
Especially on the OL and DL, the difference between the most elite and the next tier is how hard they work and their development. During TO's tenure, the players we recruited that would be considered 5-star was pretty much Rimmington, Z. Wiegert, and Kelvin Clark. We turned guys like Dean Steinkuhler, Will Shields, and Aaron Taylor into Outland Trophy winners.

In 1995, we didn't have any 5-star guys out of high school and Taylor was the only 4-star level, and we made the number 2 team in the country look like McNeese State.

Reactions: huskers360
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT