ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Are you a UNL Grad?

Did you graduate from UNL?

• Yes, graduated from the University of Nebraska Lincoln.

Votes: 61 46.9%
  • No, just a fan of the Huskers.

Votes: 69 53.1%

• Total voters
I was too smart for UNL so I went to Neb Wesleyan :Cool:
Ahhhh yes, THE Nebraska Wesleyan is as top shelf as it gets which is eveident by their cost of tuition. Many of the students had an unwarranted arrogance when I was in school. My college girlfriend and my best friend’s wife went to Wesleyan. They both had 4.0’s, were part Willard (sorority), and helped with local charitys. That elite Wesleyan education didn’t help them a whole lot on their MCAT scores and they ended up at Union college’s PA program. My buddy, a UNL grad, with 3.3 gpa had no problem scoring well on the MCAT and got into UNMC and as of August is a practicing Surgeon. During undergrad his wife used to tout her education as superior. That ended with undergrad. Although she ended up as a stay at home mom with a husband bringing in $500k annually, so maybe she was the smartest of the two. Let’s go Prarie Wolves! As a side note I should probably state that my buddy, a couple of friends from the Wesleyan basketball team, and I got in a brawl with some frat boys in Phi Kappa Tau while attending a party. I thought Wesleyan’s center killed one of those frat boys with one punch. My interactions have made me a little biased I imagine

Last edited:
Reactions: Huskerfan2112
Also went to Wesleyan, but when you grow up in Nebraska and the football team wins their first National Title when you are 11 years old, you are set for life. Go Huskers and Prairie Wolves.

Reactions: G0B1GRED
Went to UNL for two years and then transfered to a private school out of state. Best decision I ever made in my life, and that's no disrespect whatsoever to UNL. Having grown up in Lincoln, I needed to get away and experience something else. Going to a smaller school gave me opportunities to do things that I didn't have at UNL. Returned to Lincoln after graduation and have been here since. I believe going away and then coming back made me an even bigger Husker fan because I appreciated it more after going away and coming back. And I have all the love in the world for UNL as a school-you will never find me criticizing it or making fun of it. It's a great school-but at that time in my life I needed a change. I feel like I got the best of both worlds-I got to experience UNL, but graduated from elsewhere.

Reactions: maplesyrup95
At least one. I was a Husker fan long before I went to Creighton and long after. Somehow I manage to make it work.
Amen. I was a Husker fan long before I graduated from Nebraska and then from Creighton. The Jaysker absolutists on this board cannot give me a straight answer on who I can root for.

Reactions: HuskerJag
I have two from UNL. Do I get to vote twice? Also one from Iowa State and one from Kansas State. (I really don't claim the KSU degree, they were not very receptive to NE natives) I avoided reality as long as I possibly could. Wife won't let me get the law degree.

My graduate degree is technically from UNL, but I never stepped foot on a Lincoln campus for class during that time. My engineering discipline was at the Omaha campus.
Same here. I tell my wife that technically my alma mater is UNL and she shakes her head and says but you never had a class there. I never went to a UNO football game but plenty of Husker games back in college.

Attended UNL my freshman year. Transferred to UT-Arlington and finished up my Bachelor's. Did the Master's thingy 5 years later. Although I have lived all over, I'm proud of my Nebraska ties.

Went to UNL for a couple years, the town of Lincoln wasnt for me and transferred to Omaha and it was a much better fit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT