ADVERTISEMENT

Pirate on the playoffs

Doubt FBS football will ever get to 16. The conference branding of the P5 is pretty strong and winning one of those has to be meaningful. But 8 teams containing each conference winner, with 3 ALs (perhaps reserving one for the best G5 team) is doable within the current conference framework. Applied this year would mean UDub, tOSU, UGA and UCF would be added.

Reactions: donahues17
6 or 8 team playoff, Top 4 ranked conference champs get automatic bids/home-field advantage.

Anyone saying "no" to 16...please remember that when it happens and don't watch the first round of games...don't comment on them...do watch highlights...nothing...you know...because you don't want it at 16.

I'll leave all the detailed arguments to everyone else. I just know it would be a lot more fun to have more teams. Bowl games are getting so meaningless and boring anyway, something needs to change to add intrigue.

I'm good with 8 if you keep the bowls. You go to 16 or larger then the bowls probably go away.

The issue I see with going beyond 8 teams is that in the name of player safety the season will be shortened, probably 2 OOC games and 8 conference games.

Conference champs

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Title game

That's a 15 game season for 2 teams

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT