ADVERTISEMENT

Philly DB Prescott is N.

I think we probably have a lot more NIL walk-ons than people realize. I was critical of our NIL last fall. I was wrong. Rhule is getting very creative in building a huge roster of D-1 kids. I truly believe NIL walk-ons will be our equalizer. 2 huge big recruiting classes in a row while keeping the roster intact is almost unheard of these days.
This sounds great. But I've heard that Rhule is concerned about Title 9 and growing the program too large. So there may be limitations on the numbers because of that.

But with a $50 million surplus, I suppose they could always add a women's sport to balance things out a bit more.

I’m a bit dumb on the NIL stuff but….from a business point of view…you want that money to go to kids that will surely contribute, correct? It would seem odd to take a finite resource and apply to a person you don’t envision starting.

Not that I think that’s the case…just making sure I understand NIL strategy and best application.
I definitely get what you’re saying, but I think I fall in the other side of the fence here, I’d actually prefer to do something like that for a kid that we’re boarder line on if he will excel or eat up a scholarship, I guess the way I look it is it would actually be easier to cut the dead weight if they don’t pan out vs if we offer the ship he’s here for 4/5 years or we can convince them to move on…

I don't know what connections the kid from Philly has. The walk-on safety we got from Wisconsin, his dad coached with Rhule at Temple I believe.
I might have confused the two. Both were involved with Wisconsin. I thought I read that Cooper was coached by the Philly kid’s dad at one time.

But with a $50 million surplus, I suppose they could always add a women's sport to balance things out a bit more.
Women's wrestling

glow-gorgeous-ladies-of-wrestling.jpg

So help me understand all of this.

Do we really have a 85 scholarship limit or not?

Who enforces it?

Can you have unlimited NIL benefits including a full scholarship?

So if we can now have NIL scholarships just like in the old days of the country scholarships, what difference does it make? Players have to know with these numbers, the odds of playing are slim. Someone has to ride the pine.
My take is scholarships don't matter. Playing time is a reality

BTW I think it's COUNTY scholarships

• Love
Reactions: huntered
I definitely get what you’re saying, but I think I fall in the other side of the fence here, I’d actually prefer to do something like that for a kid that we’re boarder line on if he will excel or eat up a scholarship, I guess the way I look it is it would actually be easier to cut the dead weight if they don’t pan out vs if we offer the ship he’s here for 4/5 years or we can convince them to move on…
Ah yes….i forgot about the Scholly commit of 4 yr vs the 1 year NIL commitment. Easier to cut ties. Good catch!

Callahan isn’t the only one singing this kid’s praises. Nice pickup. Who were those guys besides Yantzee who were wringing their hands over NIL?
Me. I was wrong.

Our NIL did everything I wanted this off-season. Raised money. Increased exposure. Landed big time recruits. Kept the roster intact. And then got creative in signing D-1 caliber players as walk-ons. Kudos to them.

5 years ago this would have been a red flag signing. As in what did the kid do wrong.

Today I don't think this is the case. We now have to prepare ourselves that we have reached the point where our NIL walk-on package is out competing other P5 schools combined scholarship/NIL package. Including conference schools.

I am going to give 1890 another donation today as a tip of the cap. I hope a bunch of people are doing the same because this walk-on NIL is truly a game changer for us that should be fully embraced by fans.

Me. I was wrong.

Our NIL did everything I wanted this off-season. Raised money. Increased exposure. Landed big time recruits. Kept the roster intact. And then got creative in signing D-1 caliber players as walk-ons. Kudos to them.
There was somebody else who was more concerned than you. Can’t remember who it was. Not a big deal.

Callahan isn’t the only one singing this kid’s praises. Nice pickup. Who were those guys besides Yantzee who were wringing their hands over NIL?
Excuse me but I love NIL. Always have. I’m a capitalist. So how am I twisting NIL. Because we’ve sucked at it before this season? I can’t help that you’re a sheep my friend. Never question the establishment until it’s clearly coming to an end.

Cheers to Matt Davidson and all the other NIL Husker programs for figuring shit out at the end this year. But up until this point, our NIL has sucked and it shouldn’t have.

And Dingle do you go to games? I’d like to meet you in person some day to show you how much I appreciate you.

Reactions: huntered
Excuse me but I love NIL. Always have. I’m a capitalists. So how am I twisting NIL. Because we’ve sucked at it before this season? I can’t help that you’re a sheep my friend. Never question the establishment until it’s clearly coming to an end.

Cheers to Matt Davidson and all the other NIL Husker programs for figuring shit out at the end this year.
Davison.

There has to be more to it than simply giving all these kids 1-year NIL scholarships. Most of these kids have other D1 full scholarship offers, who in their right mind would take a 1 year deal vs a full ride, something’s missing

There has to be more to it than simply giving all these kids 1-year NIL scholarships. Most of these kids have other D1 full scholarship offers, who in their right mind would take a 1 year deal vs a full ride, something’s missing
I would imagine trust. Maybe more upfront money too. I've read that some kids are getting screwed by some schools NIL and coaches. I wonder if word is out we are legit.

I would imagine trust. Maybe more upfront money too. I've read that some kids are getting screwed by some schools NIL and coaches. I wonder if word is out we are legit.
Sounds like trust was why Prescott decommitted from Wisconsin. Not sure if that was over NIL or something else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT