ADVERTISEMENT

Phalen Sanford - fumble recovery

The next couple of days are huge for him.
If he's playing late in the 2nd half of the last preseason game, that is a bad sign. But you never know. If he's been able to hold up physically with the big boys enough so that the Raiders think he could play special teams & DB in a pinch, Sanford could catch on with the practice squad. He would be great in the locker room for a team that is certain to struggle this year. With that said, Sanford strikes me as a guy who is with the Raiders because the Raiders area scout believed in him. But if Sanford doesn't make the Raiders, there may not be anybody else remotely interested. The kid is a long shot. So this might be it for him unless he wants to try a different league.

If he's playing late in the 2nd half of the last preseason game, that is a bad sign. But you never know. If he's been able to hold up physically with the big boys enough so that the Raiders think he could play special teams & DB in a pinch, Sanford could catch on with the practice squad. He would be great in the locker room for a team that is certain to struggle this year. With that said, Sanford strikes me as a guy who is with the Raiders because the Raiders area scout believed in him. But if Sanford doesn't make the Raiders, there may not be anybody else remotely interested. The kid is a long shot. So this might be it for him unless he wants to try a different league.
The Vikings played Cine the whole 2nd half and he was a first round former starter at CB. He missed a lot of time and it seemed they were getting him lots of reps to make sure he was back. Sanford no doubt is on the bubble. Big day for him today.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Ya you never know. If he doesn’t get a practice squad he will likely move on to his original plan of being a S&C coach. He interned with Campbell at Nebraska.The new cut rule in he NFL being just one cut at the end of the preseason instead of after every game . I think it gives the fans false hope of a certain player making the team because they are on the field. You are right a Rule of thumb usually is playing the 4th qt of the last game is not a good sign.

Ya you never know. If he doesn’t get a practice squad he will likely move on to his original plan of being a S&C coach. He interned with Campbell at Nebraska.The new cut rule in he NFL being just one cut at the end of the preseason instead of after every game . I think it gives the fans false hope of a certain player making the team because they are on the field. You are right a Rule of thumb usually is playing the 4th qt of the last game is not a good sign.
IF I'm an UDFA playing in the 2nd half of the last game I know I probably still have a chance of making the practice squad. They're probably not giving many snaps to guys they're not still looking at. Lots of guys have made teams for their special teams play.

Most teams have very few actual open spots on the active roster. Guys like Sanford are playing for a practice squad spot. But I don't watch the Raiders and they are pretty shitty, so who knows.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I would have usurped my Vikings fandom if the Raiders had kept Bisaccia as their head coach.. The Raiders' biggest problem is their QB situation. They still might win enough to be a wild card team. I haven't looked at their schedule though.
First 5 won’t be a picnic.

This will finally be a Raiders team I can get behind though. Built on a legit defense and no Derek Carr.

First 5 won’t be a picnic.

This will finally be a Raiders team I can get behind though. Built on a legit defense and no Derek Carr.
How's their O line this year? They tried to get Carr killed for years there. Maybe Minshew's mobility will help. It's kind of like what I think the Steelers QB issue has been. Crappy O lines for the past 5 years.

How's their O line this year? They tried to get Carr killed for years there. Maybe Minshew's mobility will help. It's kind of like what I think the Steelers QB issue has been. Crappy O lines for the past 5 years.
Drafted a Center to be a starting OG, but he hasn’t practiced.

Other than that, I don’t mind their OL.

He’s always going to be one of the best athletes on the field. His ability alone should get him on a roster
Sanford is my favorite type of athlete that comes through the Husker program. Determined, motivated along with plenty of athleticism and speed as a walk on. I really hope he can make an NFL roster. He more than deserves it!

Reactions: Laner2
Drafted a Center to be a starting OG, but he hasn’t practiced.

Other than that, I don’t mind their OL.
should be fun to watch. I probably would be starting O'Connell but Minshew is better when things break down. I don't expect Minshew to last the whole season though.

The Vikings played Cine the whole 2nd half and he was a first round former starter at CB. He missed a lot of time and it seemed they were getting him lots of reps to make sure he was back. Sanford no doubt is on the bubble. Big day for him today.
Cine will be out of the league in short order. The broken leg didn’t help him, but he was a strange pick so high. Kwesi can be an idiot at times.

Cine might get cut. The Vikings reportedly are trying to trade him for a late draft pick.

IF I'm an UDFA playing in the 2nd half of the last game I know I probably still have a chance of making the practice squad. They're probably not giving many snaps to guys they're not still looking at. Lots of guys have made teams for their special teams play.
Nitpicking here but by lots of guys we’re really talking about three. Not counting the long snapper and kickers of course. But from my observation, most teams don’t have room for special teams players who aren’t especially good position players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT