ADVERTISEMENT

Pete Rose - RIP

Looks to be true. Sad. Sad that he never received that call back and elected to HOF as he should have been. Now it’ll be done posthumously which is a giant slap to the face of his family
For sure. They’ll let him in now.
He is still banned from Baseball until that is lifted he is ineligible for the hall of fame. Doesn’t matter that he has passed. Someone still has to remove that punishment.

Reactions: American Horse
My friends and I went his restaurant in Boca quite a bit. He would be in there quite often. Very down to earth guy and recognized the regulars. Seemed to enjoy being in there.

Absolutely - it’s the baseball hall of fame, not the good guy hall of fame. Does anybody really think Bonds wouldn’t have put up Scott Rolen numbers without steroids?
When they're good enough to make it on their own ability, that's a good thing. When they fricking roid just to break records I have zero respect for them.

Bonds could have made the Hall on ability alone since he had a strike zone the size of a volleyball.

• Love
Reactions: bigboxes
You could make a fine baseball team with all the players left out of the HOF. Pete Rose was a damn fine ball player.

I kind of get Bonds. He was a freaky freak no-doubt HOF-er suddenly being overshadowed by Sosa, Canseco, McGwire, etc. So he’s like ‘F it then, might as well do it too and put the spotlight back on me if that’s how it’s going to be’.

My friends and I went his restaurant in Boca quite a bit. He would be in there quite often. Very down to earth guy and recognized the regulars. Seemed to enjoy being in there.

I saw him out in Vegas once. He seemed like he was enjoying being there too. Seemed ironic to me at the time.

MLB Hall of Fame is a damn joke.
It really is! For so long it was THE sport in America and those old timey sports writers just LOVED that power that they had in covering it and being close to the game and they also loved to abuse that power with their articles and their voting.

Loved me some Rose, but this is what happens when you start betting games you can control the outcome in. Zero sympathy he will never be in the HOF, and he owns it. I've no probs letting the dopers in because they were playing against other dopers..similar to stripping Lance of all his TDF wins, literally so many cyclists in his era were proven dopers they would have had to go down to the 101st place rider to find the clean one. The TDF just decided nobody won tbose races, there is no official winner. Lame.

Reactions: BetterRed
This is a sad loss for me. I was a big fan of the Reds growing up. Pete Rose was a great ball player. Played the game the way it was meant to be played. I hated him when he played for the Phillies though. He was such a fiery competitor. I hate seeing athletes of my childhood pass away.

Mutumbo??.??
Regular Season No GIF by NBA

He should be in the Hall. Note the gambling shit that he did while baseball on his plaque if that’s what it takes, but his greatness on the field should be recognized in the HOF.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT