ADVERTISEMENT

People are crazy; nobody is going to spend $700 for spring game tickets.

bomber89

Assistant Head Coach
Oct 12, 2004
Was lucky to get through this morning and bought 5 tickets for me and my brothers. Someone said Stubhub is selling them for up to $700. People are crazy. Nobody is going to spend that on spring game tickets. And if they do call me I will sell mine for half that! (and they still would be stupid)

Just a good story to have them "listed" for $700. Already making headlines, even if that's not the real market. They should have listed them for $10,000 each - would make for a better news story.

Reactions: CatColumbia
Dudes...you realize that if you want to get tickets for 10 dollars you can. 4/21 in Lincoln...you will get tickets for 10 dollars. Sooooo many people think they are going to the spring game and then they flake, cancel, something comes up...or they get down there and realize they are having a great time AND that it is on the huge screen at the Rail Yard and over at Barry's...

You will get them for sure if you want them.

They should also go after the people who buy up all the regular season football, basketball, baseball and volleyball tickets. Who cares if they have to go give them some of those away because no one wants them. Let's all get mad!!

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
They should also go after the people who buy up all the regular season football, basketball, baseball and volleyball tickets. Who cares if they have to go give them some of those away because no one wants them. Let's all get mad!!

Ohhh ohhh is this going to be the meltdown thread?

C'mon, I respect melting down over spring game tickets. How many other programs or fans care that much? :p I like people getting excited again over our program.

...and the people willing to pay are unintelligent as heck (polite way for saying dumb@$$)

GBR

Reactions: nwualum
I bought 4 on day 1
If we can’t use them like many will sell for face value in front of stadium

There are lots just like me
Going price will be 10 per ticket

Reactions: WHCSC
Buying 20 tickets just to scam fellow fans, many of whom are families with their only chance to bring kids to a game, is a huge douche move.

One year at Fan Day I was standing around taking pictures, and I observed a grown man with a huge bag of footballs, monopolizing the athletes' time, cutting in front of little kids, for something he was obviously going to sell. Don't be that guy.

Reactions: davecisar
There will be LOTS of $10 tickets in front
I have faith lots of season ticket holders bought more than they need for friends and family- not all will be able to make it and will sell them for what they paid come game day in front of the stadium.

Supply and demand will kick in a bit too
I was looking at basketball tickets- 2 days before the game- cheapest tickets on stub hub were $39, day of the game they were $15

On a better note
it was just a few months ago
I couldnt get $60 for the extra $130 face tickets I had for Ohio State
And was lucky to get what $40 for my extra Iowa tickets
Imagine that getting more for a Scrimmage day ticket than Ohio State or Iowa
Crazy year.

Last edited:
Buying 20 tickets just to scam fellow fans, many of whom are families with their only chance to bring kids to a game, is a huge douche move.

One year at Fan Day I was standing around taking pictures, and I observed a grown man with a huge bag of footballs, monopolizing the athletes' time, cutting in front of little kids, for something he was obviously going to sell. Don't be that guy.
seems like a Frank Gallagher type of move

I feel like some of you are mad for the wrong reason. If someone bought 20 and is scalping them and they have a high price...just don't buy them. See...if no one buys them they will drop the price and drop the price and drop the price.

The problem isn't that they bought a lot...the problem is that some morons are going to pay a lot. Don't pay. You will get the tickets you want at the price you want if you don't pay a lot right now.

I feel like some of you are mad for the wrong reason. If someone bought 20 and is scalping them and they have a high price...just don't buy them. See...if no one buys them they will drop the price and drop the price and drop the price.

The problem isn't that they bought a lot...the problem is that some morons are going to pay a lot. Don't pay. You will get the tickets you want at the price you want if you don't pay a lot right now.
I don't disagree with you and that's fine if people have flexibility in their plans.

However, for people who were planning to buy tickets ahead of time and bring family to town for it because it is much too expensive to do so for a real game, they can't plan ahead for that. Lots of people look forward to the spring game for that very reason.

Edit: I guess what I'm trying to say is it detracts from the family-friendly nature of the game as an event. Like I said in an earlier thread, I think they should limit the number of tickets that can be purchased by season ticket holders to 1 per season ticket and have them join the rest of the plebeians the next day if they want more tickets. That still won't stop the bots from buying all of the tickets within seconds of them being open to the public, though. That's where Kid Rock's approach comes in. Even with student tickets for regular season games, they check to make sure you are a student if you're using a student ticket (someone correct me if this is incorrect, my knowledge on this is nearly a decade old).

Last edited:
I don't disagree with you and that's fine if people have flexibility in their plans.

However, for people who were planning to buy tickets ahead of time and bring family to town for it because it is much too expensive to do so for a real game, they can't plan ahead for that. Lots of people look forward to the spring game for that very reason.

Edit: I guess what I'm trying to say is it detracts from the family-friendly nature of the game as an event. Like I said in an earlier thread, I think they should limit the number of tickets that can be purchased by season ticket holders to 1 per season ticket and have them join the rest of the plebeians the next day if they want more tickets. That still won't stop the bots from buying all of the tickets within seconds of them being open to the public, though. That's where Kid Rock's approach comes in. Even with student tickets for regular season games, they check to make sure you are a student if you're using a student ticket (someone correct me if this is incorrect, my knowledge on this is nearly a decade old).

Yeah, I know what you mean and that is an issue but tell those people, bring the family and head to Lincoln...they will get tickets and they will be cheap. Just like they were 12 dollars for the OSU game...Just like they were 2.50 for Purdue a few years ago.

I know for the planning type that is hard to do but it will work out.

Probably a better chance of getting big bucks for Spring scrimmage than most regular season games. What an awful home schedule. When CU is one of best games you know it's bad.

Probably a better chance of getting big bucks for Spring scrimmage than most regular season games. What an awful home schedule. When CU is one of best games you know it's bad.
Yeah, last year's home schedule was a good opportunity to make some hay if the team didn't suck so much: Ohio State, Wisconsin, Iowa. Or at least it was an improvement over the previous season when just Oregon was a game that moved the interest needle.

That Troy game this season could be an interesting one. But again, doesn't move the interest needle.

Edit:
Look at that 2020 schedule: 4 home games in September (0 away), then only 3 home games in October and November (5 away). Thanks, Eichorst.

AD has nothing to do with setting conference schedule. Every other year it is almost automatic to have 4 home games in the OOC. You cannot blame AD for the home away schedule for 2020. Not everything is what it seems!

Reactions: davecisar
AD has nothing to do with setting conference schedule. Every other year it is almost automatic to have 4 home games in the OOC. You cannot blame AD for the home away schedule for 2020. Not everything is what it seems!
I understand he has no say in who we play as that is determined at the conference level, but my understanding is he can influence when we play teams.

Edit: And let's be honest, he got pushed around on Friday night games, on changing the last game of the season from Iowa to Minnesota, and on moving the Black Friday game to Saturday. So it's not hard to fathom he got pushed around on this situation of moving a home conference game to the beginning of the season (Purdue) in a year when we are slated for 4 home conference games and 5 road conference games (which, as you said, means all OOC games are home games). If he had stones, he would have said it had to be one of the road conference games that got moved to the beginning of the season rather than getting us bent over on scheduling over the last two months of the season.

To boot, the last six games of the season (after the bye week) will be as follows (home games in CAPS):
24 Oct: Rutgers
31 Oct: Ohio State
07 Nov: PENN STATE
14 Nov: Iowa
21 Nov: Wisconsin
28 Nov: MINNESOTA

For reference, first half of the season before the bye week: PURDUE, SOUTH DAKOTA STATE, CENTRAL MICHIGAN, CINCINNATI, Illinois, NORTHWESTERN. Terrible schedule balance from first half to second half.

Last edited:
Edit: And let's be honest, he got pushed around on Friday night games, on changing the last game of the season from Iowa to Minnesota, and on moving the Black Friday game to Saturday. So it's not hard to fathom he got pushed around on this situation of moving a home conference game to the beginning of the season (Purdue) in a year when we are slated for 4 home conference games and 5 road conference games (which, as you said, means all OOC games are home games). If he had stones, he would have said it had to be one of the road conference games that got moved to the beginning of the season rather than getting us bent over on scheduling over the last two months of the season.

Agree. I've had managers like FADSE before - so intent on brown nosing the regional office, they hose their own people.

Reactions: saluno22
Agree. I've had managers like FADSE before - so intent on brown nosing the regional office, they hose their own people.

THAT IS TRUE
While SE may have had little influence on the many aspect of the schedule-

He WAS allowed influence on the Black Friday game- AND HE BLEW IT

He WAS allowed influence on the playing of Friday Night games- AND HE BLEW IT

Its part of that "coaches fraternity" thing that allows incompetent coaches and ADs to be recycled and employed due to their allegiances to having a job and doing favors for their peers over their allegiances to doing what's right for their teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: saluno22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT