ADVERTISEMENT

Patience

I Agree For Real GIF by Animanias
Didn't Cignetti go 11-1 last year? Unless I missed something. Still, he and his staff WAY better than Rhule and his guys.

He deserved to be fired 7 games into season 2? Lofl. Sure bud.
No lil Jon. At the end of the year? If this season ends like last year. Yes. Will it happen? No. I will actually back off the Rhule hate if he actually makes changes after this year. Starting with Satt then uncle Donny and the child Wr coach. And the worthless special teams coach. But I will be shocked if he does because he will be contactoraly protected.

Cignetti flipped his roster in 1 year. I think we can expect Rhule to flip his in 2-3 years. Next year is big for Rhule.
He's 1.5 years in with a senior laden team. His contract ensures he'll be here for a while but he's going to have to shake things up to have a chance of improvement.

Reactions: dinglefritz
People need to stop thinking that money matters. If the boosters want Rhule gone, they will pony up.

I don't think they will but I do think it is clear that it is totally possible to not take 3 years to "build" a team.

People need to stop thinking that money matters. If the boosters want Rhule gone, they will pony up.

I don't think they will but I do think it is clear that it is totally possible to not take 3 years to "build" a team.
He's got a lot of work ahead to make it a three year turn around.

It is really surprising. I really thought we were going to give their offense trouble. Maybe we will beat somebody we’re not supposed to be this year. We certainly weren’t supposed to lose this one this bad.

DR has looked like a true freshman the last couple of weeks. I think he’s better than he is showing. Hard for the average fan to know what the problem is. Only thing I can say is that he doesn’t try and get the first down with his feet if he doesn’t see anything open.

Reactions: Seascout3
He's got a lot of work ahead to make it a three year turn around.
I agree...

I was never sold on him as a hire and I think Trev sort of fell for this idea of "building"...

NU has more NIL money they most schools, especially in the Big Ten and they need to hire a no none sense cutthroat coach.

Reactions: BrighteRed24

IU’s season isn’t over. Out putridity doesn’t make them a great team. They may end up being that but they’ve got some tough games yet.

I agree...

I was never sold on him as a hire and I think Trev sort of fell for this idea of "building"...

NU has more NIL money they most schools, especially in the Big Ten and they need to hire a no none sense cutthroat coach.
I said early on that I wouldn’t have complained about a no name up and comer from Northeastern Directional U that nobody has ever heard of. Cignetti is kind of that guy. Our fan base and donors demand splash hires hence we ended up with a guy like Callahan and now Rhule. We’ll see if Rhule can make the adjustments he needs to succeed.

Reactions: cornwoman
jeez

a lot of people here are forgetting Rhule is a country music fan who has said the word "fullback" in press conferences at least a half dozen times

his wife owns a small business in NE! he is One Of Us!

pretty rude, he seems like he's giving it his best - even said he fell asleep in his office this week! (ignore the fact that this happened right after he arrived)

• Haha
Reactions: BTF69
jeez

a lot of people here are forgetting Rhule is a country music fan who has said the word "fullback" in press conferences at least a half dozen times

his wife owns a small business in NE! he is One Of Us!

pretty rude, he seems like he's giving it his best - even said he fell asleep in his office this week! (ignore the fact that this happened right after he arrived)
Right??? He was clearly given the talking points when he started.

I am trying to think who I would want as the next HC and no names are coming to mind. But I do know that if this season plays out super lame...I am going to be the thrilled if they start searching.

It’s too early. Everyone has their heads up their ass in anger right now. Not much level headed thinking and commenting going on right now.
This is a "show me" business and every week matters.

Troy better have a list. Just like the Bama AD sure as hell has a list. Because they are about 2 plays away from falling apart.

NU needs to beat UCLA, Wisconsin and Iowa. Period. These are not tall tasks.

Reactions: king_kong_
Right??? He was clearly given the talking points when he started.

I am trying to think who I would want as the next HC and no names are coming to mind. But I do know that if this season plays out super lame...I am going to be the thrilled if they start searching.
also - before anyone says it:

Rhule getting laughed out of the NFL (literally) is not at all a reflection on his ability to coach COLLEGE football

so if anyone is thinking this, don't bother posting it!

• Haha
Reactions: BTF69
We need to fire Foley, Satt, Raiola, and the WR coach. We can't fire Raiola bc we're married to the QB.
Then slide him over as the QB coach and go hire a real offensive line coach. It's not like the Raiola's aren't spending on the best QB coach money can buy. Donovan can just be the lame duck on staff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT