ADVERTISEMENT

Pathetic 2015 BB non-conference schedule

Jun 19, 2015
What an embarrassment.

HOME NON-CONFERENCE GAMES

Sat. Nov. 14 - Mississippi Valley State (RPI 345)
Thu. Nov. 19 - Delaware State (213)
Sun. Nov. 22 - Southeastern Louisiana (331)
Tue. Nov. 24 - Arkansas-Pine Bluff (298)
Tue. Dec. 1 - Miami (48)
Sat. Dec. 5 - Abilene Christian (324)
Sun. Dec. 13 - Rhode Island (61)
Sun. Dec. 20 - Samford (306)
Tue. Dec. 22 - Prairie View A&M (261)

AWAY NON-CONFERENCE GAMES

Tue. Nov. 17 at Villanova (6)
Fri. Nov. 27 at Barclays Classic (Brooklyn)
Sat. Nov. 28 at Barclays Classic (Brooklyn)
Cincinnati (36) or George Washington (80) or Tennessee (102)​
Wed. Dec. 9 at Creighton (157)

Did you expect Miles to load up the non conference schedule in a year with the team he is looking at?

What an embarrassment.

Tue. Dec. 1 - Miami (48)

Considering how inexperienced the team will be I have zero problem with it.

Keep in mind too that Miami and Villanova are part of Big 10 scheduling agreements. Miles had no choice in the matter. If you take out those two games, this is a schedule that would make Bill Snyder or Doc Sadler blush!

The schedule is Sadler-esque, no doubt about that. Is it a bad idea for Miles to schedule seven wins and a few other weaker teams? I guess not. But the Doc Sadler years should have taught all of us that a weak schedule will hamper you in conference play-- it usually took a few tough losses in conference for Doc to realize what his best lineup would be, plus the team will really only have one chance-- Villanova, to knock off a top team and gain some real confidence. A win at Creighton or winning the tourney in NYC would help.

What an embarrassment.

Tue. Dec. 1 - Miami (48)

The athletic dept is smart. Season tix requests had to be in by last Friday and the horrible home schedule announced the following Monday.

13 non-conference games...best case is probably 10 wins...which means they will need 10 wins in conference to really have a nice shot to get it. Hmmmm

Let's win the games AT home first before we cry about how pathetic our Non conference schedule is.

Last edited:
Respect your opinion, so just curious. Is your comment a thinly veiled way of saying you're not on the Tim Miles bandwagon or am I reading to much into your comment?

I like Tim but he has been handcuffed with the players he has had to work with. Not sure Tim or anyone can get it done here to turn us into a perennial NCAA tournament team.
Perennial, heck let us start with just getting there once and build from there.

I like Tim but he has been handcuffed with the players he has had to work with. Not sure Tim or anyone can get it done here to turn us into a perennial NCAA tournament team.
Perennial, heck let us start with just getting there once and build from there.

He did get there once. Last year was the "build from there" year and we went flat.

THAT SAID... I don't think the style of play he went with is what we can expect from Nebraska teams in the future. He was dealt a hand where Petteway was the main scoring threat, and he would sink or swim with Petteway's play. 2 years ago, we swam. Last year, when Petteway dealt with personal issues and couldn't find his stroke, we sank.

If you look at Miles' teams in the past, they were much more team, pass-first, good movement-oriented. He knew that there was no benefit in swinging the ball around with the cast of shooters we had last year. Everything I'm hearing says that White can light it up from the outside. The new point guard, Watson is the real deal. Shields has only gotten better all three years at Nebraska and I expect him to be a more solid contributor without a player (Petteway) who held onto the ball for long stretches of time. Pitchford was a huge defensive liability and when his offense didn't make up for it, he was a negative on the floor.

I actually like the make-up of this coming team better than last year's team, but the lack of any post presence will be a longer term problem. This team will likely have some bright moments when they shoot the ball well - maybe knock off a top 25 team, but the lack of size will haunt them eventually.

All in, I see a better year this year than last.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT