ADVERTISEMENT

Passes behind the LOS

Are a guaranteed way to lose. Stupidest effin thing I have ever seen. Satterfield is an effin clown
They must have seen something on film they thought would work but other than to Barney I would shelf those plays. OSU has too many great athletes at DB and LB for those to work consistently.

Reactions: Wasker77
Throw some deep crossing patterns with an underneath drag but then again that would require receivers to run sharp routes and time to develop.The running game was working with some actual success,at times in the 3rd. quarter.They ruined 2 great scoring opportunities.3 big pass plays by the Buckeyes were really the only things they did successfully.We had more first downs and more yards rushing,we did a great job in the 3rd quarter but didn't convert into points then went back to the same old crap ass play calling in the 4th.Its sad and getting old not being able to finish a game off especially when the defense played very well.The 4th quarter play calling was mind boggling.I have no idea what the defense coverage was on the long pass completion immediately after we had taken the lead.Very disappointing outcome considering how well the defense played.The penalties or lack of definitely played into the outcome of the game.Day should have been flagged for unsportsmanlike for being on the field and acting like an ass.Well now on to the UCLA game and this IS a must win game.Then hopefully win,at the least ,1 out of those 3.That would be 7-5 which at the beginning of the season would have been the worst expected,8-4 would have been average and 9-3 would have exceeded expectations.

Reactions: solarpanels
Raiola is super limited
He can’t read defenses and go through progressions - they need to tell him where to throw
5 INTs and 0 TDs the last 3 games when he is left to read the defense
That gameplay today would certainly suggest Satt didn't think going down field was going to work.

But it was the swing passes that were scaring me. OSU is so fast I kept expecting them to pluck one off for a pick 6.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Hard to tell if they would or wouldn't but who knows when you don't try.They should have at least tried 3-4 times especially targeting their one defender who,I believe,had 2 interference calls on him

Hard to go through progressions when you have 2.5 seconds to throw and no separation from your receivers plus horrible pass routes and please for the Love of God stop the receiver screens , they don't work, especially if they can't block 😳🤢🤮
True. However when he did have time, he failed. Freshman or not, a couple of those easy pass completions and we win. I like the kid and he has a lot of potential to learn and grow, but right now he seems to be struggling from a mental aspect. It ruined Martinez. I hope it doesn't ruin him.

True. However when he did have time, he failed. Freshman or not, a couple of those easy pass completions and we win. I like the kid and he has a lot of potential to learn and grow, but right now he seems to be struggling from a mental aspect. It ruined Martinez. I hope it doesn't ruin him.
True,it seemed if he had a little more zip on them instead of floating it they could have been completed.The 2 missed TD's especially the first one.

Yet......if DR doesn't overthrow those 2 throws, we win by 10.
Or if OSU actually cared they’d win by 56. They were so not interested. They could have thrown it deep every series and I think they did 2 maybe 3 times. We got every break and they slept walk. Their worse game by far. Not to mention they say 5 guys thinking their backups would still beat out SR’s by 30. Just a bad game and look for them.

True,it seemed if he had a little more zip on them instead of floating it they could have been completed.The 2 missed TD's especially the first one.
I am not sure how coachable he is. I am not seeing growth or improvement, only regression in areas Rhule complains about. He may work hard and spends time watching film but that doesn't win games. You have to listen to your coaches. There are times it looks like he is aiming not throwing.

Or if OSU actually cared they’d win by 56. They were so not interested. They could have thrown it deep every series and I think they did 2 maybe 3 times. We got every break and they slept walk. Their worse game by far. Not to mention they say 5 guys thinking their backups would still beat out SR’s by 30. Just a bad game and look for them.
Well they sure didn't get any breaks from the refs.

Reactions: BleedRed78
So you really think they sat players who otherwise were healthy enough to play ? Ridiculous ! We got every break ? Oh please,they didn't call one single holding call on them.The crap the refs pulled on that non first down call was horrendous.The non catch on our first series was blatant PI if not it was at worst defense holding.They couldn't run the ball and even gave up trying on their left side.Half of their yards came on 3 plays and only had 11 first downs.The 2 scoring opportunities in the 3rd. quarter hurt along with, AGAIN, questionable play calling, especially in the 4th quarter.If you think they weren't interested or could have thrown at will then you're a fool.If they would have tried to just drop back and sling it 30-40 times Howard wouldn't have lasted the entire game.The crap ass Big Ten officiating definitely played into the outcome of the game.Say what you want but I truly believe this team will win 2-3 more games and possibly win out.

Frost ran so many of those type of plays too, and it rarely worked then. It is very difficult to make that work because B1G TEN DEFENSES TACKLE!!

Good defenses also get off blocks. So add that to good tackling and you get a bunch of lateral throws that go nowhere. Or, as was the case yesterday, they go backward.

Good plays against overmatched defenses - or fundamentally poor tacklers. Not so much against anyone else.

I am not sure how coachable he is. I am not seeing growth or improvement, only regression in areas Rhule complains about. He may work hard and spends time watching film but that doesn't win games. You have to listen to your coaches. There are times it looks like he is aiming not throwing.
You don’t think Raiola is coachable?

maybe the problem is less Raiola and more Satterfield… just a thought.

You pass behind the LOS so that your WRs can block down field without offensive pass interference. The key there is that your WRs need to be able to block.
Yes, there was one play where there was one receiver, one cornerback and a running back with the ball, and what happens that corner getting blocked makes a tackle behind the line of scrimmage 2 on 1 you should not lose that matchup.

Anyone watch the Cowboys vs 9ers game tonight? Probably what Nebraska was trying to do. tOSU blitzes and the counter is to get the ball outside of the blitz. tOSU blitzed a lot with the man to man back end.

Reactions: dinglefritz
You don’t think Raiola is coachable?

maybe the problem is less Raiola and more Satterfield… just a thought.
I don't see practice but I do see the same mistakes on the field. It was just a thought not a statement. I know he is a student of the game and a video rat. Adjustments need to be made because production has been going down every week.

I don't see practice but I do see the same mistakes on the field. It was just a thought not a statement. I know he is a student of the game and a video rat. Adjustments need to be made because production has been going down every week.
I hear you, but I don’t see Satt making adjustments… it’s the same behind the line / at the line of scrimmage passes that opposing teams are jumping instantly because they know it’s coming. That will tank production real quick.

So you really think they sat players who otherwise were healthy enough to play ? Ridiculous ! We got every break ? Oh please,they didn't call one single holding call on them.The crap the refs pulled on that non first down call was horrendous.The non catch on our first series was blatant PI if not it was at worst defense holding.They couldn't run the ball and even gave up trying on their left side.Half of their yards came on 3 plays and only had 11 first downs.The 2 scoring opportunities in the 3rd. quarter hurt along with, AGAIN, questionable play calling, especially in the 4th quarter.If you think they weren't interested or could have thrown at will then you're a fool.If they would have tried to just drop back and sling it 30-40 times Howard wouldn't have lasted the entire game.The crap ass Big Ten officiating definitely played into the outcome of the game.Say what you want but I truly believe this team will win 2-3 more games and possibly win out.
He's a Hawkeye troll

I hear you, but I don’t see Satt making adjustments… it’s the same behind the line / at the line of scrimmage passes that opposing teams are jumping instantly because they know it’s coming. That will tank production real quick.
Benning made the point this morning that quite a few of those lateral passes were "look at me check downs or audibles". They weren't the primary play call.

Benning made the point this morning that quite a few of those lateral passes were "look at me check downs or audibles". They weren't the primary play call.
If I had the time I would rewatch it, but quite frankly, don’t feel like it.

It sure seemed like better than half of them were first read throws. Maybe some were check downs. Be that as it may, we need different hot reads. The hot read that nearly led to the TD sure was nice to see past the line of scrimmage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT