ADVERTISEMENT

Pac 12 After Dark

USC is struggling badly. Just got their second first down off the game 3 minutes into the second quarter though.

Edit: Fumble USC. 😂🤣

Reactions: king_kong_
There's no rhyme or reason to USC's offense. They just drop back and Play backyard football until Williams can find somebody open.. Plus Lincoln Riley refused to run the football

They just showed the USC cheerleaders all lined up with their pom poms in the air. All of them had shaved pits. What a drag. I wished at least one or two of them had hairy arm pits. I thought these Gen Next people (or whatever the hell 18-20 year olds are called) didn't like shaving and were putting the razor companies out of business?

It’s 2023 and the quality of the cameras on some of these replays look like 1985 pixelated Mario Bros. I find it hard to believe USC caught that last TD, but we had the PotatoCam 5000 on the ball.

Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
this is unbelievable in SoCal

botched snap on a would be game winning field goal for SC results in overtime and the long snapper's hip got shredded in the process

what a day of complete meltdowns

How bout that USC Zona game
what-the-hell-was-that-smoking.gif

They just showed the USC cheerleaders all lined up with their pom poms in the air. All of them had shaved pits. What a drag. I wished at least one or two of them had hairy arm pits. I thought these Gen Next people (or whatever the hell 18-20 year olds are called) didn't like shaving and were putting the razor companies out of business
USC botches a game winning FG with no time left to send the game to OT

They just showed the USC cheerleaders all lined up with their pom poms in the air. All of them had shaved pits. What a drag. I wished at least one or two of them had hairy arm pits. I thought these Gen Next people (or whatever the hell 18-20 year olds are called) didn't like shaving and were putting the razor companies out of business?

You're looking for the California game.

Thought Arizona should have gone for 2 at the end of the 1st OT.

If I'm in that situation, trailing by one with a chance to win in on one play, I would just run a thinly disguised pick play. If it's successful but you get called for offensive OT, just back up 10 yards and kick the tying PAT.

Thought Arizona should have gone for 2 at the end of the 1st OT.

If I'm in that situation, trailing by one with a chance to win in on one play, I would just run a thinly disguised pick play. If it's successful but you get called for offensive OT, just back up 10 yards and kick the tying PAT.

And if it's unsuccessful, game over.

But I hear ya. Those are the kinds of ballsy calls that make a season. And that would have been the time/team/situation to try it for sure.

I saw part of the first half then watched OT… very wild game.

Arizona defense gave up some soft plays after having USC backed up…. including failing to adequately shove Caleb Williams out of bounds to stop their game winning 2 pt conversion.

Lincoln Riley and Caleb Williams actually praised USC's defense after they gave up 506 yards to Arizona in USC's 43-41 win. I kid you not, you can't make this stuff up.

Williams said "We wouldn't have won that game without the defense. We were down 17-0. This whole defense thing, our brothers, the score wouldn't be 43-41 without them. Put it simply that way."

Lincoln Riley said, "When you go down 17-0, you get tested internally. Your culture gets tested quick. Defense is what got us going."

Last edited:
It feels like this USC team is quietly in rebuild mode still, just fortunate to have Caleb Williams at QB.

Haven't paid attention to their recruiting, but the eye test tells me they're not full of top tier talent.

Hope they don't have some notion to fire Grinch and offer White a contract he can't refuse

And if it's unsuccessful, game over.

But I hear ya. Those are the kinds of ballsy calls that make a season. And that would have been the time/team/situation to try it for sure.
Oh sure, there's risk involved. But the way the OT rules are now, there's a huge chance that you're going to have to make a two-point conversion to win anyway. Why not do it there, when the other team has no opportunity to answer?

Reactions: Landomatic
There's no rhyme or reason to USC's offense. They just drop back and Play backyard football until Williams can find somebody open.. Plus Lincoln Riley refused to run the football

9 pre snap penalties. Even Stats has to be saying that was awful. Only thing worse was the AZ defense in the 2nd OT. USC starts out with 2 penalties making is 1st and 20 when they need to score a TD and they get 23 yards easily on the first play. Knew AZ would lose when that happened.

Paul Finebaum's comments yesterday on USC's defense (click on the video to listen):

"What are these guys doing? They act like they're walking the dog on Sunday afternoon. Try getting near the receiver! Act like you care! Maybe even bother tackling every once in a while!"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT