ADVERTISEMENT

Ozigbo apparently not happy with Stevenson recruitment

It's Riley's job to win. Given our current RB roster depth, telling the Ozigbo kid he was the only RB being pursued (true at the time I assume) was a good carrot to use. If Stevenson weren't a late availability, I don't think the staff would be sniffing around for someone to add for that position. And given the nature of the recruiting game, Ozigbo could have flipped to someone else late with use holding the bag. At the end of the day, it's Riley's job to manage the roster, not a player's.

The staff told him that he was their top buy, Stevenson, was never in the equation a few months ago. I can understand an 18 year old being upset about it. What needs to happen is a coach needs to sit down with him and make him understand that they are two very different RBs which will be used in very different ways.
This isn't true. They are very much the same type of RBs

One 6'1" , another listed at various sizes and often 5'8' ; probably 35 + pounds difference in weight. I agree they are the same, faster that heck and phenomenal. Maybe he can be listed in either class; so why not save an offer; Devine is smart and will give a blessing.

I remember NU volleyball coach John Cook saying that he tells the athletes that sign with him something to the effect of "Congrats for signing with Nebraska, my job is now to recruit somebody better than you." Competition is everywhere, workplace, athletic field, relationships...the ones who shy away from it won't last long in any endeavor.

The program is bigger than any one player. It's Riley's job to get the best players possible in an effort to win championships. If a situation like this arises, you go after it 110%, period.

Reactions: arf_man
We're building a team and that takes depth at all positions. An adult needs to sit down with this young man and explain things to him.

is this better??.....also is this a hint that Stevenson in N?

Why wasn't this Ozigbo mindset from the start? Did he think that he was going to walk into NU and be named the starter or get reps without earning it. I hope the young man earns playing time as a true freshman because that'd mean he is way better than most people project. With or without Stevenson, he's likely deep down on the depth chart.

Benning completely called him out. "You think I wanted to come in with Childs, then Ahman Green, then Deangelo Evans. That's just the way it is."

Reactions: balsy and HuskerO
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT