ADVERTISEMENT

OWH scholarship list

ReuniteGondwanaland

Blackshirt
Sep 8, 2010
The OWH posted a list yesterday of the players on scholarship, broken out by year and position.

Shows us with 3 open scholarships at the moment and 18 seniors. Assuming a few leave (real chance we lose a couple early to the NFL for one) we should have room for roughly the full 25-man class.

Looking at our current roster of scholarship players, underclassmen only for purposes of looking at future needs, we have:
QB: 2
RB: 4
WR: 3
TE: 1
OL: 9
DE: 5
DT: 4
LB: 6
CB: 6
S: 3
ST: 2

Good thing we're on the short list for a lot of good wide receivers. Safety is pretty light, too, even if Talan lands there. DT concerns me, we need a couple and I don't know who we have a shot at.

Sophomore class is very small. Wouldn't be bad to get another junior college player or two just to balance the class sizes a bit.

Last edited:
After this year, the departing seniors only leave voids in a couple position groups (OL/DE/DBs). Outside of the DEs, I think we have a pretty good handle on those positions going forward. We could really use a JUCO DE.

The talent void left after this yours juniors graduate will hurt a lot more (as it stands now). There will be a big changing-of-the-guard after that year. New QB (assuming TA continues to start), lose a lot of WR/TE/DT/DE/LB/S talent.

This years recruiting class looks like it needs (I am not a recruiting guru by any means - just looking at the numbers and guessing):
QB - 1 or 2 (2 currently filled)
RB - 1 or 2 (1 is currently filled)
WR - 2-3 (unfilled)
TE - 1 high school, 1 JUCO (1 is currently filled)
OL - 4-5 (3 currently filled - need tackles, maybe a JUCO)
DE - 2-3, one being a JUCO (1 currently filled)
DT - 2 (none filled)
LB - 4-5 (4 currently filled)
CB - 2-3 (1 currently filled)
S - 1-2 (1 currently filled)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT