ADVERTISEMENT

OWH: Husker assistant Trent Bray recruits with relationships, not sales pitches

SarasotaHusker

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2003
http://www.omaha.com/huskers/husker...cle_98f39970-2daa-11e5-afff-57fb5b1418e5.html

Excerpt:

The 32-year-old has emerged as a rising star among young college football recruiters. He secured three commitments in eight days last month, when 2016 prospects Quayshon Alexander (June 19), Greg Simmons (June 25) and JoJo Domann (June 26) all pledged to NU. Junior college linebacker William Johnson committed in May.

In the 2015 Husker recruiting class, Bray brought in four other linebacker prospects —Tyrin Ferguson, Adrienne Talan, Dedrick Young and Mohamed Barry — while helping lure receiver Lavan Alston.

Bray said talking with and getting to know prospects just comes naturally.

“I always felt I could be good at it because I enjoyed it, getting to know kids from different backgrounds,” he said. “I just have fun with it.”

His recruits seem to like it, too.

Barry indicated that he was so unexcited over the idea of attending Nebraska that he showed up late to his own in-home visit with Bray. But his first meeting with his position coach ultimately resulted in him taking a trip to Lincoln and eventually signing a letter of intent.

Does anyone miss Ross Els?
snicker.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.