ADVERTISEMENT

OWH 6-part series on the Frost hire (SIAP)

Anybody want to share how cheapies like me can read this online without buying a subscription? :)

I only get Fri-Sunday but a buddy going to bring me over Tuesday and Wednesday and today, I read Sunday and Monday and much we didn’t know before reading the article.

Well written and well researched article- some good insights not everyone is aware of.
Most have no clue how tough it was to get SF and how bad a pit our football program has sunk to.

Another year like we had in 2017- the legit fan apathy- no telling if NU Football would have ever been able to recover- from the even greater depths we would have fallen to. Lost by 30+ and layed down against lowly Minnesota and lost to Northern Illinois- What was next in 2018? Lose to Akron and lose by 40 to Purdue? With 12 stoppages of play against Purdue to drag off hurt Huskers instead of 9? Smilin Mike lost to Portland State and Eastern Washington Womens Teachers College- or whatever they call it- when at OSU.

Think about that for a quick second and tell me how we were trending away from that exact scenario.

Look at my posts
I post under my own name
Haven’t had to change my name or like you claimed I was “just kidding”
And those other coaches are named in my posts
I have nothing to hide and don’t hide behind anything

I don’t feel the need to comment on things I know nothing about
Unlike some
Hence the small post count

The question was what was your handle when you were posting about all the things you knew were going to happen and when you were telling anyone who would listen how it was going to go down. I don't recall seeing any of those under your current handle.

I have been here since August 2016 and in that time, I don't remember you posting one time until after Frost was hired. Since then you have been non stop talking, mostly about yourself, car analogies and Mike Riley.

You have had far too many things to say in the past 3 months to have written nothing at all since August 2016.

As far as why i haven't named names, I have stated before why I don't. I was asked not to. The only thing I am hiding is the identity of a couple of buddies of mine, more to protect their confidentiality than anything else.

Reactions: SOHusker11
I knew everything that was happening, but stayed quiet.

YEah
Me too to protect my non existent super important secret sources :rolleyes::rolleyes:

But when I am wrong for something I was very aggressive about supporting for 3 years
I just come out and say that I was "just kidding" so my opinion that I was very consistent about for 3 years doesnt look so ill formed, illogical and wrong

Was all a very good read and enjoyed it for 6 days but it was mostly selling the OWH paper.

Moos did a tremendous job handling the hiring but he had help from Osborne and Davison to handle the transition

He was even prepared with 6 other names he had on a list that he was in contact with in case SF changed his mind.

Anybody want to share how cheapies like me can read this online without buying a subscription? :)
Buy a subscription. These guys went to school to become a journalist. The papers that hire them pay them a salary.

The cost of a subscription is barely more than a burrito or burger.

Why do people think everything should be free?

Not me... I’m blaming Mike Riley. He doesn’t get enough blame for stuff in this state.
Yep that makes sense
Mike seems like a Bernie guy with the Prius and bike helmet, add him to the list ;)

Interesting deal
Gary Anderson could have waited until the end of the season at Oregon State and made off with a $12,000,000 buy out
Instead- he said he didnt do the job he was hired to do- win and didnt deserve the money, so he blasted out and voluntarily gave up the buyput.. He may never coach again
He also had to PAY Wisconsin out of his own pocket $3,500,000 to take the OSU job- OSU loaned him the money- which he paid back

Interesting

OTOH Mike Riley is getting over $6,000,000 from NU for doing an equally terrible job
But instead of giving up any of his buyout- he is now the lowest paid DI coach in the US- over 2,000 guys- so he can defraud NU out of over $1,200,000- which is what his job pays in the PAC 10 and what his contract with NU required Riley to do- be paid a market rate and deduct it from his buyout--- which was $450,000 per year- 3 years- not $50,000 per year

Same school- 2 totally different approaches to a very similar situation
One acted very honorably
The other did not- at all

Pelini did the blatant FU with his grotesque and crude tirade with the players at the Lincoln High SChool= at least you know where the guy was coming from
Pelini needed to go ( I was glad he was let go)- but I can see where he might be a little uptight- 9/10 wins a year

Mike Riley smiled and stabbed NU in the back- that was his FU= with his Salary Fraud thing
Riley was 4-8 and 19-19 he didnt have a leg to stand on for sticking around another year. As it turned out- it was just a money grab thing- he thought he could post office hide in the back room with little real effort- ride out for 4-5 years. He didnt really have an FU reason to jerk NU around like he did.

Last edited:
Blame Bernie Sanders, the 47 percent of American adults that pay no Income Taxes and the Millenials :)
Do politics rule your life?
OH MY GOSH! I GUESS I'M A BERNIE SUPPORTER! I JUST THOUGHT I WAS A CHEAP SOB!

KILL ME NOW! :eek:
yeah I was just thinking cheap too. Some on here can’t help but inserting politics into everything they do and say.

So stop being cheap.

Man am I glad Scott Frost is the head coach at Nebraska

Didn't Eichorst have Mike Riley targeted for hire when he was the AD at Miami?

Man am I glad Scott Frost is the head coach at Nebraska

Didn't Eichorst have Mike Riley targeted for hire when he was the AD at Miami?

Yes- supposedly riley was on a list in his "top drawer"- that came from SE
Other "insiders" claim there were lots of other guys offered the NU job
However- unlike what weve seen from almost every College Football HCing hire there wasnt a shred of leakage or details of ANY coach being offered by NU- not one

And it was just 6 days from the time NU fired Bo and hired Riley- Im guessing thats the amount of time it took SE to put together the one offer he did make and get the situation vetted and accepted.

Yes- supposedly riley was on a list in his "top drawer"- that came from SE
Other "insiders" claim there were lots of other guys offered the NU job
However- unlike what weve seen from almost every College Football HCing hire there wasnt a shred of leakage or details of ANY coach being offered by NU- not one

And it was just 6 days from the time NU fired Bo and hired Riley- Im guessing thats the amount of time it took SE to put together the one offer he did make and get the situation vetted and accepted.
Is it possible that Eichorst put feelers out before the Iowa game and was rebuffed by other coaches’ agents? He went with Riley because other agents said no thanks before the Iowa game, meaning Eichorst only officially asked one person?

We all know Moos was talking with Frost (agent)z well before the season ended. Why do we assume Eichorst didn’t do the same thing? Is it simply because we didn’t hear other names mentioned?

Reactions: SOHusker11
Is it possible that Eichorst put feelers out before the Iowa game and was rebuffed by other coaches’ agents? He went with Riley because other agents said no thanks before the Iowa game, meaning Eichorst only officially asked one person?

We all know Moos was talking with Frost (agent)z well before the season ended. Why do we assume Eichorst didn’t do the same thing? Is it simply because we didn’t hear other names mentioned?

It seems like these things get leaked out all the time.
When Steve Pederson hired Callahan- how many names that werent hired- were leaked- by agents, coaches, etc?
Same for most of the coaching hires we saw in college football last year-

However- SE- the GENIUS AD, who stumbled and bumbled his way through his tenure at NU- was able to pull off a coaching hire in 6 days with not a single offer or approach being leaked or reported by anyone? OK- Im not buying it.

Remember SE had never hired a football coach or the coach of a major sport up until he made his splash hire of smilin mike. SM- was the exact opposite of Bo - which a lot of orgs seem to do that- go the opposite. AND smilin mike was going to say yes- SM was on thin ice at OSU and he loves money- close to retirement etc.

NU/ SE FEARED a long drawn out hiring proccess like what we had with Callahan- so SE hired someone that was for sure going to say yes to $12,000,000 and smilin mike got to trade his old chrysler keys with 290,000 miles on it for a nice Camry with 40,000 miles on it.

Remember when SM was hired everyone said a monkey could coach us to 9 wins and alls we had to do was clean up some of the turnover issues and sloppy play and we would be back on top= NOT a rebuild. Bring in the mature old fella and iron out a few of those pesky wrinkles was the thought- no big deal. Well didnt turn out that way= Case closed :D

Last edited:
Reactions: scarletred
When did we hear about Riley?

When he was hired- because smilin mike was the only person NU offered and he was going to accept- no need for smilin mikes agent to leak it for more money from his present school or other schools- since no one but NU really wanted Riley

You know I heard Riley's poster was on Eichorsts ceiling over his bed in Miami....

However he's not an idiot....(stay with me now)...he probably did send out feelers at the same time as an offer to Mike, but I would bet all the cats in the world he wanted Riles foremost and when Mike said ok, he didn't care about the others interest....

...if you get turned down don't you sometimes play it off as you weren't interested anyway?

It doesn't matter, I'm glad this coaching staff is here! At least we KNOW Scott Frost really does love this program. First one we can say that for since Solich I bet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT