ADVERTISEMENT

Overall imoression

C10delux

Sophomore
Dec 12, 2002
I had 3 takeaways from the game:

1. O line really looked sluggish - thus the lack of productivity/ Riley warned us about this earlier.

2. D line looked sluggish and slow, especially at D end. #7 and #98 looked gassed most of the game. I did n't see players flying around, as purported in practice. I saw allot of lack of discipline.

3. Tommie looked to have taken a step forward. He had a nice game overall, with some areas still are a work in progress.

Reactions: nothingkevin
We had a rough 1st game. In reality. This was a great game for us.

We showed we can come from behind. Our QB had to play under pressure early in the season.We faced adversity early in the season. Learned you have to put games away.

And that we can dominate like we did in the e 3rd and 4th defensively.

Had we played a cupcake I doubt we would know these things.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Me too...it would have been a better feeling for sure. But we just played a conference type game in the preseason. Opponent wise. Physical game.

I am tired of just looking good and then losing. I just want to see a swim, regardless of how we look

I'd rather lose because we played a good opponent neck and neck. Then win against an overmatched opponent. This game will serve us well in our B1G schedule.
Given your two scenarios, I guess I agree, a close loss to a good program is more valuable than a win over an overmatched opponent, but we could have still uncovered the ugly spots that need improvement while still sneaking out with a win.

Still, this team wasn't going to go clean, so let's use this game as an opportunity to grow and see what this team can accomplish in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT