ADVERTISEMENT

Our Current LB Group

leodisflowers

Head Coach
Feb 25, 2011
North Carolina
Kinda scary. I think we should try and get Marcus Newby in the mix somehow. Not overly impressed with Gifford. Also looking at the list really shows where we are at. Could be some good ones for the future, but in the now, ouch!

52 Banderas, Josh LB 6-2 235 Jr. Lincoln, Neb. (Southwest)

18 Barry, Mohamed LB 6-1 215 Fr. Grayson, Ga. (Grayson) -
53 Boryca, Alex LB 6-2 220 RFr. Cozad, Neb. (Cozad) -
51 Brugmann, Jared LB 6-2 225 Fr. Gretna, Neb. (Gretna) -
59 Cleveland, Brody LB 6-2 210 Fr. Ogallala, Neb. (Ogallala) -
26 Connely, Thomas LB 5-11 205 RFr. Kearney, Neb. (Kearney Catholic) -
43 Ferguson, Tyrin LB 6-2 200 Fr. New Orleans, La. (Edna Karr) -
12 Gifford, Luke LB 6-3 215 RFr. Lincoln, Neb. (Southeast)
37 Lazaro, Noah LB 6-2 225 Fr. Lincoln, Neb. (Lincoln Southwest) -
33 McKay, Garrett LB 6-0 210 Jr. Anaheim Hills, Calif. (Santa Ana College) (Servite) -
3 Newby, Marcus LB 6-1 235 So. North Potomac, Md. (Quince Orchard) -
54 Poppen, Garrett LB 6-1 215 RFr. Giltner, Neb. (Giltner) - Probably not an answer
15 Rose-Ivey, Michael LB 5-11 240 Jr. Kansas City, Mo. (Rockhurst) - Hurt
56 Simpson, Brad LB 6-0 225 Jr. Omaha, Neb. (Ralston) -
49 Weber, Chris LB 6-3 220 So. Omaha, Neb. (Elkhorn)
57 Weinmaster, Jacob LB 6-0 200 Fr. Loveland, Colo. (Loveland) -
5 Young, Dedrick LB 6-1 220 Fr. Peoria, Ariz. (Centennial)

Reactions: GretnaShawn
5 scholly players for 3 positions? Is that what I'm seeing? Wow just wow.
And one of them was just converted from safety. MRI and Banderas will likely struggle all season now with their injuries if and when they play. We're in big trouble at linebacker. Some walkons are going to have to step up. What they lack in athleticism hopefully they can make up for with football IQ and effort. Hopefully Ferguson can grasp the scheme and speed of play because he's likely going to have to play.

How many quarters have MRI and Bando played. Can we think about a medical for them?

How many quarters have MRI and Bando played. Can we think about a medical for them?
We're going to need them to get back for the end of the season at the very least. I haven't heard if Bando is out now or not, but even if he plays he is not going to be 100%. I will be surprised if they don't hold him out this week at the very least. OSU and Arkansas found out this past week that there aren't any gimmees anymore. Everybody has some talent at the very least and a few bad bounces or turnovers can turn any game in to a dogfight.

And one of them was just converted from safety. MRI and Banderas will likely struggle all season now with their injuries if and when they play. We're in big trouble at linebacker. Some walkons are going to have to step up. What they lack in athleticism hopefully they can make up for with football IQ and effort. Hopefully Ferguson can grasp the scheme and speed of play because he's likely going to have to play.

I like what Weber showed in week 2.

I like what Weber showed in week 2.
Still talking about an inexperienced walkon coming off an injury. All is NOT doom and gloom and I personally as am excited for this season as any I have been for years. We've got a QB and Coaching staff that are very easy to root for and IF we can win the B1G west this year this will go down as one of the best coaching jobs we have seen since Tom retired.

Reactions: Nate004
Young and Banderas are not healthy either. It's cool, we're not bare according to TT.

automotivator_remain-calm.jpg

Holy crap the breakdown is mind blowing:
7 true freshman
4 redshirt freshman
2 sophomores
4 juniors

All that has only 5 scholarships to boot, wow. You start throwing in the injuries and I think this group has done remarkably well. This group looks like a fresh garden salad in terms of how inexperienced they are.

Lots of reasons for it, but its time to get these guys as prepared as possible and get the best out them that they can have this year.

we could have used Santos and Love - I think Love is at Kentucky is Santos with anyone? also I think Leroy Ale4xander would have been a key secondary guy

Courtney Love and his parents have to be the stupidest people to ever cross paths with the Nebraska Huskers. Love despised Bo and wanted to transfer before Bo's firing. He redshirts in 2013, doesn't play much in 2014. He decides to transfer after Bo is firing.

The Bowl game depth chart is in shambles, even with this knowledge he decides to miss practice and take a visit to Kentucky. Knowing he couldn't Enroll at Kentucky until the Spring, he could've finished 2 weeks if practice in lincoln and actually played in the bowl game considering NU was desperate. He still could've left after the bowl game.

Despite that, he had a new coach and a new system. He could've very easily stayed for Spring practice, and observed how he would fit in. He could've then transferred out in May.

But instead, he claims he needs a transfer along with immediate eligibility so he can deal with an ailing family member 350 miles away in Ohio. That's utter bull shit. Some liar at Kentucky told him he would be eligible.

Of course his appeal was denied. So now he sits in 2013, barely plays
In 2014, is forced to sit out 15. He's going to lose a year of eligibility and be in year 4 without any ecperience.

Kid is an idiot.

Courtney Love and his parents have to be the stupidest people to ever cross paths with the Nebraska Huskers. Love despised Bo and wanted to transfer before Bo's firing. He redshirts in 2013, doesn't play much in 2014. He decides to transfer after Bo is firing.

The Bowl game depth chart is in shambles, even with this knowledge he decides to miss practice and take a visit to Kentucky. Knowing he couldn't Enroll at Kentucky until the Spring, he could've finished 2 weeks if practice in lincoln and actually played in the bowl game considering NU was desperate. He still could've left after the bowl game.

Despite that, he had a new coach and a new system. He could've very easily stayed for Spring practice, and observed how he would fit in. He could've then transferred out in May.

But instead, he claims he needs a transfer along with immediate eligibility so he can deal with an ailing family member 350 miles away in Ohio. That's utter bull shit. Some liar at Kentucky told him he would be eligible.

Of course his appeal was denied. So now he sits in 2013, barely plays
In 2014, is forced to sit out 15. He's going to lose a year of eligibility and be in year 4 without any ecperience.

Kid is an idiot.

Tell us how u really feel Corn lmao

holla

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT