ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Your Top 3 Airports Domestic / International & Why

leodisflowers

Head Coach
Feb 25, 2011
North Carolina
Domestic:

Portland Oregon - Just for the fact you can get a drink at 5am. Terminals also setup very easy and never really that long of lines
Chicago O'Hare - Has a really fantastic United Club and really good options for food and drink.
Anchorage, AK - I love the food in this place. Always had a crab and reindeer sausage omelet. Also enjoy Silver Gulch beer and they have a spot there. Humpy's is fantastic as well.

International:

Dubai: The nicest airport I've ever been in. Everything is immaculate.
Munich / Frankfurt: Just love being able to have German beer in an Airport. The Lufthansa Lounge is great as well.
Istanbul: Very large airport, but surprisingly easy to navigate. Also easy to get a cheap decent tasting Efes Beer.

I dislike Ohare

Detroit is probably my favorite, maybe Philly due to the underground mall/restaurants

Reactions: leodisflowers
Cleanest: Nashville
Dirtiest: Seattle

All airports have expensive food and drink, can be confusing, and/or too spread out. Clean and Dirty is the only data point I consider.

Haven't been flying at all since COVID started but a few years prior to that I thought the Central Nebraska Regional Airport in Grand Island was a breath of fresh air.

I guess it's different now, but long term parking was close & used to be free, and check in was fairly uneventful.

I guess Orlando always impressed me with how quickly I could navigate it, especially considering the large crowds. Whenever I looked up there was a sign directing me where to go.

when in the industry, my favorites were downtown with easy access to where i wanted to be fast: love field, midway, hobby, reagan, laguardia. plus, they all had southwest service which was the best for my needs.

Like Denver domestically.

Atlanta was ok.

Not much time in Logan (Boston) but was meh.

Lax blows. Pain in the ass to get from terminal to terminal and food in some SUCK.

International not a ton of experience but loved Haneda (Tokyo).

Omaha because it gets me to my other two favorites close to wine country, Oakland and Sacramento.

Flying into the revamped Kansas City airport soon, for the first time. Absolutely hated my last few trips in and out of Kansas City, when the old terminals were in shutdown mode. Nowhere to eat or sit outside of security, so you had to go through TSA into one of the hellhole refugee camps on the other side, hoping to find a place to sit and maybe a bag of chips or a granola bar. I've heard the new version is pretty nice - glad it's finally open.

Nicest overseas airport I have been to is probably Singapore. Least favorite is Panama City. For some reason they chose to cram everyone into a way-too-crowded waiting area attached to a huge shopping mall that nobody cares about. Lots of empty stores with bored salespeople staring at their phones.

Lima is a pretty nice airport but don't venture outside without a pre-arranged ride. There are a lot of nice neighborhoods in Lima but the area around the airport is definitely not one of them.

I’ve heard that Oakland is completely destroyed now. Not the airport but the city
its a mess and rampant with crime. I just updated my daughters RAV 4 insurance and it went from 1800/year to 4400/year. My only company choices were State Farm and AAA. Lots of blue tarp tents and garbage. I just hope my daughter doesn’t become a statistic before she can get out of there.

its a mess and rampant with crime. I just updated my daughters RAV 4 insurance and it went from 1800/year to 4400/year. My only company choices were State Farm and AAA. Lots of blue tarp tents and garbage. I just hope my daughter doesn’t become a statistic before she can get out of there.
What is she doing there?

What is she doing there?
Works in a large law firm in downtown San Fran but only has to go to the office once a week. Her place is in a pretty good neighborhood. Rides BART downtown in daylight busy hours.

Reactions: c3o
Works in a large law firm in downtown San Fran but only has to go to the office once a week. Her place is in a pretty good neighborhood. Rides BART downtown in daylight busy hours.
I never got to visit either city in the bay. My job took me around there but never there. Now I wouldn’t go. I even have friends who align with the politics out there that have fled to Montana and Tennessee

Reactions: dinglefritz
Domestic:

Portland Oregon - Just for the fact you can get a drink at 5am. Terminals also setup very easy and never really that long of lines
Chicago O'Hare - Has a really fantastic United Club and really good options for food and drink.
Anchorage, AK - I love the food in this place. Always had a crab and reindeer sausage omelet. Also enjoy Silver Gulch beer and they have a spot there. Humpy's is fantastic as well.

International:

Dubai: The nicest airport I've ever been in. Everything is immaculate.
Munich / Frankfurt: Just love being able to have German beer in an Airport. The Lufthansa Lounge is great as well.
Istanbul: Very large airport, but surprisingly easy to navigate. Also easy to get a cheap decent tasting Efes Beer.
Istanbul? Or Constantinople?

• Haha
Reactions: major.tom.foolery
I never got to visit either city in the bay. My job took me around there but never there. Now I wouldn’t go. I even have friends who align with the politics out there that have fled to Montana and Tennessee
It’s changed tremendously in the last 15 years and not in a good way. Really have to watch where you go but the waterfront in daylight is okay. We walked around the waterfront shopping areas of Oakland a few months ago and it was fine. Wine country is changing but still great.

I don't fly but maybe 2 or 3 times a year. Usually Omaha to LAX.
The TSA in Omaha are a vicious collection of attitudes. Can't stand them.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
I don't fly but maybe 2 or 3 times a year. Usually Omaha to LAX.
The TSA in Omaha are a vicious collection of attitudes. Can't stand them.
I’ve never had any issues with TSA anywhere. The ones in Omaha have always been polite in my experience. I guess I did have an unusual situation in Boston where an agent’s English was so poor that I couldn’t understand him. I wasn’t sure if his first language was Spanish or some middle eastern language. He seemed pissed that I couldn’t understand his gibberish.

Really like the Austin Airport. Easy to get in and out of, clean, plenty of food options, and live music most days.

I agree. I fly a decent amount each year and Omaha TSA is by far the worst. Maybe it is a good thing, but man they are dicks.
TSA in general is yet another example of the American people being unnecessarily cavity searched by the very people who are supposed to work for us

it's a joke. I would bet any amount that they've never thwarted anything in their 20+ years harassing/accosting citizens.

just more gov't bloat resulting in GED-level intelligence lording their "authority" over those who pay for everything

I agree. I fly a decent amount each year and Omaha TSA is by far the worst. Maybe it is a good thing, but man they are dicks.
I want my TSA to be pricks. You better never fly in to Israel if you think Omaha is bad. Get your known flyer number and it’s a breeze. I get checked every time I fly because of a metal joint implant. No big deal.

My response is more emotional because I hate Heathrow just because of how many super early flights and cancelled flights have made me miserable. The airport itself is probably fine but just the thought of it makes me sick.
I hate all airports. Some are better than others but they all suck.
This is also my position on the topic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT