ADVERTISEMENT

OT: what's your favorite scary movie?

Raptor10

Walk On
Apr 28, 2020
It's the season of spooky movies.
The og IT scared the hell out me when I was little.
But my favorite would be Childs Play 1-3. They all suck after that.
Honorable mention
The shining
Christine.. would like to see the car get melted down and turned into a new killing machine

It's the season of spooky movies.
The og IT scared the hell out me when I was little.
But my favorite would be Childs Play 1-3. They all suck after that.
Honorable mention
The shining
Christine.. would like to see the car get melted down and turned into a new killing machine
The original Halloween
I also like the original Saw - Psychological horror stuff
Also - is “Get Out” horror? Great movie

Exorcist 3 was the last movie where I was young enough to feel that fright you want from a movie. No way I was sleeping thinking about senior citizens crawling on the ceiling like bugs.

Reactions: resdog851
Se7en
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (from 70s)
The Hills have eyes
Midsommar

Reactions: grimlock78
Never been too into horror movies so I don't have much of a list. More of a comedy or sci-fi/fantasy guy. That said of the handful I've seen I have to go with Hitchcock's Psycho.

Wait until Dark with Audrey Hepburn is up there for me as well. Always enjoy Audrey's movies and that was a good one in my opinion.

The original Fog was scary when I was a kid..

Insidious
As Above, so below
The popes exorcist
Hostel
Black phone
Cabin in the woods
Peel’s movies are all fantastic
Signs
Dark Skies

Reactions: Raptor10
I'm just not into horror/slasher movies at all. I thought the new IT movies were pretty good. The opening scene of "Night of the Living Dead" scared the hell out of me at a fairly young age.

Reactions: grimlock78
Scariest- The Exorcist
Favorite- The first three Friday the 13th (honorable mention when Jason kicks Freddies ass or when Jason punches the head off the cocky kid in Jason goes to Manhattan)
Best movie- The Thing. Kurt Russell/John Carpenter. That is perfection

Other favorites include the earlier mentioned scene in Exorcist 3 where the old lady goes crawling across the ceiling in the background. I just about shit myself.

-extra honorably mention goes to The Devils Rejects. That movie kicks ass. Rob Zombie is pretty good.

Original The Mummy
Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Reanimator
Original Stepford Wives
The Birds
Original Carrie (not that scary, but the opening locker room /shower scene is priceless)

You guys that are into scary movies are a different breed...i'm convinced they're an extension of the devil.

fea8813c-2a49-4da2-a765-adb1385cd157_text.gif

The first 2 or 3 Hellraiser movies were great. Pinhead is a scary as hell.
The first one came out in '87 when I was in HS and somehow my buddy and I ended up going to it with his older brother in law. I thought it was maybe the worst movie I'd ever seen and when we left and were driving down the highway his very stoic brother in law gave his review, "that movie was dogshit." I know it's a cult classic so it definitely falls into the category of "it's just not my thing!"

The Exorcist, Hereditary, Midsommar, The Shining, Event Horizon, Halloween, The Pope’s Exorcist.

I like the psychological and demonic possession type of horror movies. Not really into the monster/slasher ones.

Reactions: otismotis08
Not a movie per se but Mike Flanagan's 3 series on Netfilx: The Haunting of Hill House, The Haunting of Bly Manor and Midnight Mass were all 3 really good

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT