ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What are you listening to right now?

I just acquired this. It's a high quality audience audio boot. I'm pretty sure. It's probably the last big Sammy Hagar show. It's an EVH tribute tour. Too bad that DLR and Alex couldn't have swallowed their pride and done this. Great show and performance. I feel so old!

48SUjvJl.jpg

Is it really Deep Purple without Blackmore and Lord?
I see your point and the same can be said of other bands (Kansas, Queensryche, Uriah Heep, post-Ozzy Black Sabbath, etc). But, to be honest, the last 3-4 Queensryche releases would fit nicely in their discography post Empire/Promised Land; the same applies to Kansas' last 2 albums (nicely fit around Monolith-era Kansas).

With Deep Purple, it's been such a revolving door of musicians for what seems forever that I don't think it's about the band itself but their sound. Not saying he's Blackmore but the new guitarist smokes on this record.

I see your point and the same can be said of other bands (Kansas, Queensryche, Uriah Heep, post-Ozzy Black Sabbath, etc). But, to be honest, the last 3-4 Queensryche releases would fit nicely in their discography post Empire/Promised Land; the same applies to Kansas' last 2 albums (nicely fit around Monolith-era Kansas).

With Deep Purple, it's been such a revolving door of musicians for what seems forever that I don't think it's about the band itself but their sound. Not saying he's Blackmore but the new guitarist smokes on this record.
Blackmore is in my top three guitarists of all time. Lord has to be in that same conversation with keyboardists. I know most of the musicians that are in that current lineup. It's just hanging on to the name as far as I'm concerned. Blackmore is gone and is not coming back. It's a shame. He was Eddie Van Halen before Eddie Van Halen. And Lord, well, he's dead. RIP.

Reactions: major.tom.foolery
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT