ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What are you listening to right now?

Rush - Moving Pictures
4FOvTGo.jpg

• Love
Reactions: major.tom.foolery
Wait - the fifes and drums from Williamsburg??? I remember marching along with the colonial fifes and drums when I was about 8 years old. I'm pretty sure my experience at Williamsburg years ago was a major influence on my choosing American colonial history as my major at UNL. Unfortunately I don't believe I still have my tri corner hat from there. :)

• Love
Reactions: bigboxes
Wait - the fifes and drums from Williamsburg??? I remember marching along with the colonial fifes and drums when I was about 8 years old. I'm pretty sure my experience at Williamsburg years ago was a major influence on my choosing American colonial history as my major at UNL. Unfortunately I don't believe I still have my tri corner hat from there. :)
I remember going to Williamsburg as a kid. I'm thinking 1976. Went to Gettysburg, Monticello, Williamsburg, Yorktown, Appomattox. I had a minor in History. I also went to Boston, Concord, Lexington, Salem in 1975. You and I have a lot in common. I remember getting a fife. I was never any good at it. I did take up the drums soon after the trip.

Last edited:
Reactions: VandallHuskerJulie
Was listening to this today as well!
That was the first CD I ever purchased. I'm guessing it was 1987. One week the record store was 75% records and 25% CDs. The next week it was 75% CDs. The tide had turned.

I think I paid $32 for the 2-disc album. In 1987, it was $16 a disc. I then purchased Dark Side of the Moon for CD #2. Had both before I purchased my first CD player. Wanted to have media to play on it beforehand.

That was the first CD I ever purchased. I'm guessing it was 1987. One week the record store was 75% records and 25% CDs. The next week it was 75% CDs. The tide had turned.

I think I paid $32 for the 2-disc album. In 1987, it was $16 a disc. I then purchased Dark Side of the Moon for CD #2. Had both before I purchased my first CD player. Wanted to have media to play on it beforehand.
I remember in the late 70s, my buddy & I were in elementary school. He lived across the street from school so after we got out, we would go to his house, sneak into his brother’s room & listen to his Pink Floyd & AC/DC albums. Once we heard the screen door shut downstairs, we knew it was time to split.

I remember in the late 70s, my buddy & I were in elementary school. He lived across the street from school so after we got out, we would go to his house, sneak into his brother’s room & listen to his Pink Floyd & AC/DC albums. Once we heard the screen door shut downstairs, we knew it was time to split.
Were you playing Dirty Deeds and Highway to Hell?

Were you playing Dirty Deeds and Highway to Hell
Yeah, I remember feeling guilty because of the word hell. When we would go over, we couldn’t listen to his stuff very long because we knew he would be home soon. Elementary kids got out a little earlier than the middle & high school kids.

Yeah, I remember feeling guilty because of the word hell. When we would go over, we couldn’t listen to his stuff very long because we knew he would be home soon. Elementary kids got out a little earlier than the middle & high school kids.
I was in 7th grade in 1979. I most certainly did not listen to any AC-DC albums at the time. The only Pink Floyd I knew of was Another Brick in the Wall, Pt II because it went to freaking #1. That song was played all the time.

Reactions: Lars72
I was in 7th grade in 1979. I most certainly did not listen to any AC-DC albums at the time. The only Pink Floyd I knew of was Another Brick in the Wall, Pt II because it went to freaking #1. That song was played all the time.
I would have been in 2nd grade in 79. For us, it was less about what music we were listening to & more about doing something we shouldn’t be doing, like getting into his brother’s stuff because he was in 8th or 9th grade. But I do remember some of the albums because of the cover art.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT