ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Tv show Billions

GBRforLife1

Head Coach
Feb 18, 2020
First few seasons are great. Based off of SAC capital owned by Steve A Cohen and Preet Bahara US attorney who were fired by a former pres.

Makes the govt look as corrupt as the billionaires.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah his real life wife got cancer and eventually passed away. So I admire Lewis for quitting the show but it tanked when he left.
Strange, I haven't watched billions yet, but outside of Band of Brothers Lewis is one of the worst actors I've ever seen.

Strange, I haven't watched billions yet, but outside of Band of Brothers Lewis is one of the worst actors I've ever seen.
I can’t say I’ve ever seen him in anything other than Billions or Band of Brothers. If I did, it was not memorable. Anyway, some people might prefer the Corey Stoll character who essentially replaces Lewis, but that guy made me want to hurl.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
I can’t say I’ve ever seen him in anything other than Billions or Band of Brothers. If I did, it was not memorable. Anyway, some people might prefer the Corey Stoll character who essentially replaces Lewis, but that guy made me want to hurl.
He’s done a few things-good short lived series “Life”about a guy out of prison Wrongly accused trying to find the people who framed him. Was in a bbc redo of upstairs downstairs (bad) and some series where he played Henry the 8th.
I like Ron Livingston from BOB, Just found a series he did called Loudermilk-I think it’s pretty good-it’s on Netflix.

Reactions: Lars72
I like the show for the Wall Street plot but like most shows it has gotten a tad redundant. I guess I’m to the season where Axe is gone (6) but if it sucks that bad without him I may not even do the free trial to Showtime I have to do to watch the last two seasons. I knew it would suck without him. Corey Stoll seems more like a support character, not a main. That whole they/them bullshit is really annoying and unrealistic too.

They should’ve gotten Harvey Spector from Suits. He would’ve slayed in the role of Bobby Axe. He was born to play the role of corporate prick.

He’s done a few things-good short lived series “Life”about a guy out of prison Wrongly accused trying to find the people who framed him. Was in a bbc redo of upstairs downstairs (bad) and some series where he played Henry the 8th.
I like Ron Livingston from BOB, Just found a series he did called Loudermilk-I think it’s pretty good-it’s on Netflix.
Damian Lewis was also on Homeland on Showtime. Thought he was pretty good in that. It didn’t hurt that Morena Baccarin was in it too.

Loved Loudermilk. Pretty funny but also dealt with some serious things too. I thought it was pretty good.

Haven't watched anything besids Band of Brothers that had Damian Lewis in it. My problem is that he was so good in Band of Brothers I cant see him as anyone else besides Winters.

Reactions: Lars72
Haven't watched anything besids Band of Brothers that had Damian Lewis in it. My problem is that he was so good in Band of Brothers I cant see him as anyone else besides Winters.
I was always disappointed they didnt have an American play Dick Winters

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT