ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Tried the Vive Virtual Reality headset @ NFM

NikkiSixx

Offensive Coordinator
Sep 14, 2013
Blew my freaking mind!

Within moments, you lose any sense that you are standing on a square rectangular piece of carpet in a store and are transported to another reality.

If you haven't tried this before, I'd highly encourage people to try it out.

The HTC Vive is PC based, so now I'm curious how the PS4 version stacks up against it.

Has anyone tried both? Is the quality/experience similar if you have?

Blew my freaking mind!

Within moments, you lose any sense that you are standing on a square rectangular piece of carpet in a store and are transported to another reality.

If you haven't tried this before, I'd highly encourage people to try it out.

The HTC Vive is PC based, so now I'm curious how the PS4 version stacks up against it.

Has anyone tried both? Is the quality/experience similar if you have?
THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING. It seems most of us are in for a shock; me included. In the next couple years, there is going to be a revolution in entertainment and how we learn. There is an unbelievable amount of time and money going into this, seemingly behind the scenes; with the occasional article and now some product you mention popping up. ..... I have a son who was in tech for a national realtor - until taking another position recently. He went to an industry meeting, where they were involved with major new V R products. He talked of going to a concert in VR, where you could walk around ( they were in a "gym" in our reality ) and he even ordered concessions ( he received them, but couldn't eat them of course ). He said MSFT looked to be dominant in employee training and such ( you could put your hands by something to be changed and V R hands would show you how first. An instructor could face time into a class ). ....... He was given a stick that became his light saber when he was inserted into and participated in a Star Wars movie battle ( a slight difference alerted you to other real participants and gym borders if you approached them ). He said Apple kept their people separate ; even blocked hallways so they had to use a specific part of a parking lot.
In any case; its all coming soon; it will be like opening floodgates. Watching Games at home in some forms of V R ; where you can change where you watch from on the field. Hard to imagine. Could effect attendance many places. ...There are so many scenarios on whats to come. What a way to learn history or how to do other things. GBR

Last edited:
Reactions: NikkiSixx
THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING. It seems most of us are in for a shock; me included. In the next couple years, there is going to be a revolution in entertainment and how we learn. There is an unbelievable amount of time and money going into this, seemingly behind the scenes; with the occasional article and now some product you mention popping up. ..... I have a son who was in tech for a national realtor - until taking another position recently. He went to an industry meeting, where they were involved with major new V R products. He talked of going to a concert in VR, where you could walk around ( they were in a "gym" in our reality ) and he even ordered concessions ( he received them, but couldn't eat them of course ). He said MSFT looked to be dominant in employee training and such ( you could put your hands by something to be changed and V R hands would show you how first. An instructor could face time into a class ). ....... He was given a stick that became his light saber when he was inserted into and participated in a Star Wars movie battle ( a slight difference alerted you to other real participants and gym borders if you approached them ). He said Apple kept their people separate ; even blocked hallways so they had to use a specific part of a parking lot.
In any case; its all coming soon; it will be like opening floodgates. Watching Games at home in some forms of V R ; where you can change where you watch from on the field. Hard to imagine. Could effect attendance many places. ...There are so many scenarios on whats to come. What a way to learn history or how to do other things. GBR

CRISPR genetic editing is also going to change the world. China just announced that they have just started the first human injections---look it up for yourself and see the future of medicine.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Once this whole internet fad dies VR will die with it. In all seriousness these things are amazing. I bought a Samsung Gear Vr, last weekend. You plug your Samsung phone into a headset and it's VR for 100 bucks.

I don't know, I'm pretty much content with the one I've been in all these years.

Once this whole internet fad dies VR will die with it. In all seriousness these things are amazing. I bought a Samsung Gear Vr, last weekend. You plug your Samsung phone into a headset and it's VR for 100 bucks.
I did try one of the Samsung phone things awhile back, but the resolution was so poor that it wasn't all that good.

The Vive was a completely different experience to me. I do think it's way too expensive, the headset/screen/helmet thing needs to evolve, and the content needs to evolve as well, but the immersion in how it fools you is really something.

It's like the beginning of the Matrix, but agree it is in the infancy stage at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT