ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Tow truck wiped out right in front of me!

bigboxes

Nebraska Legend
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
I just witnessed a single vehicle accident. It has been raining for over 12 hours here in DFW. I was on the access road having just exited I-20 here in South Arlington. This tow truck lost control in the rain, started to fishtail, turned 180, went off road and flipped on it's side. I immediately pulled my car over to the shoulder and put my flashers on. I went into the tall grass to see if the driver was okay. I called out and no answer. As I got to the cab I could hear him. He was able to open the back sliding window and I helped him get out of the cab. I then opened the passenger door which was up to my head (I'm 5'11"). ALL the airbags had deployed, including side curtain airbags. Luckily, the driver was not injured. I called 911 and waited for the police. Insane.

P9pwAWK.jpg

Last edited:
How fast was he going?
I have a friend that lives in Denton. Originally from NE Nebraska.he said over half the people in DFW area have shitty tires. When it rains he stays off the roads because they drive to fast in the rain on bad tires .

I just witnessed a single vehicle accident. It has been raining for over 12 hours here in DFW. I was on the access road having just exited I-20 here in South Arlington. This tow truck lost control in the rain, went off road and flipped on it's side. I immediately pulled my car over to the shoulder and put my flashers on. I went into the tall grass to see if the driver was okay. I called out and no answer. As I got to the cab I could hear him. He was able to open the back sliding window and I helped him get out of the cab. I then opened the passenger door which was up to my head (I'm 5'11"). ALL the airbags had deployed, including side curtain airbags. Luckily, the driver was not injured. I called 911 and waited for the police. Insane.

P9pwAWK.jpg
Way to go boxes. Good for you. You did everything you could do

I have a friend that lives in Denton. Originally from NE Nebraska.he said over half the people in DFW area have shitty tires. When it rains he stays off the roads because they drive to fast in the rain on bad tires .
Over half the people in DFW are just shitty drivers. Far worse than Nebraska.

They can't merge. They stop on the goddamn interstate.

The Tx Dot is criminal with how they allow roads to be engineered here.

Last year they complete the I-35 redesign or upgrade or whatever. It's backed up all the time. Daily. From Denton through Fort Worth it's a nightmare.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
People don't realize even rain, you can lose control. Let alone with shitty tires to add to the mix and snow in Texas, good luck!

Driving on bald tires is something I'll never understand - one of the stupidest ways to try and stretch one's money.

Over half the people in DFW are just shitty drivers. Far worse than Nebraska.

They can't merge. They stop on the goddamn interstate.

The Tx Dot is criminal with how they allow roads to be engineered here.

Last year they complete the I-35 redesign or upgrade or whatever. It's backed up all the time. Daily. From Denton through Fort Worth it's a nightmare.
Whenever I drive in TX and their stupid roadways with their stupid access roads I wonder if the state let some 9 year old with cancer design their streets as part of a make a wish foundation or something…

Reactions: GBRforLife1
Whenever I drive in TX and their stupid roadways with their stupid access roads I wonder if the state let some 9 year old with cancer design their streets as part of a make a wish foundation or something…
In a lot of places it's absolutely retarded.

Ok guys, we're gonna make a road and then we're gonna put another road right next to it. Brilliant!

A 9 year old with brain cancer probably would have done better.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Interstate exits on I-35 and I-45 are about 250 yards. So, going 75 mph and exit down to 35 mph in less than 5 seconds is the dumbest shit I could never understand. The bald tire statement is a bit of an exaggeration. The dumbass California transplants not being able to drive in the rain is real.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
Interstate exits on I-35 and I-45 are about 250 yards. So, going 75 mph and exit down to 35 mph in less than 5 seconds is the dumbest shit I could never understand. The bald tire statement is a bit of an exaggeration. The dumbass California transplants not being able to drive in the rain is real.
Nailed it.

I just witnessed a single vehicle accident. It has been raining for over 12 hours here in DFW. I was on the access road having just exited I-20 here in South Arlington. This tow truck lost control in the rain, started to fishtail, turned 180, went off road and flipped on it's side. I immediately pulled my car over to the shoulder and put my flashers on. I went into the tall grass to see if the driver was okay. I called out and no answer. As I got to the cab I could hear him. He was able to open the back sliding window and I helped him get out of the cab. I then opened the passenger door which was up to my head (I'm 5'11"). ALL the airbags had deployed, including side curtain airbags. Luckily, the driver was not injured. I called 911 and waited for the police. Insane.

P9pwAWK.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT