ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Swedish 42 year study of male Cannabis users.

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
found that men in Sweden who reported heavy (more than 50 times in lifetime) cannabis use were 2.5 times more likely to develop testicular cancer. The definition of heavy is theirs not mine. It's a headline story but I found the original study online and it's legit science and a well run study. Cigarette smoking had no effect on frequency of testicular cancer which I found interesting. Discuss.

Just not into the marijuana hype. People trying to call it cannabis to change the name. It's still marijuana and something to stay away from. There may be medical needs and there are definitely industrial uses of hemp. But I don't favor legalizing marijuana

Smoking pot also gives you tits. Ask my younger brother. Ha
A friend of mine had a young son who developed a really strange lung cancer after heavy pot use of about 15 years. It was a cell type I had never even heard of before. I have a suspicion that we're going to find that it isn't as harmless as some think. We already know that it can contribute to asthma which can lead to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. The yahoo article caught my eye so I looked up the study.

Just not into the marijuana hype. People trying to call it cannabis to change the name. It's still marijuana and something to stay away from. There may be medical needs and there are definitely industrial uses of hemp. But I don't favor legalizing marijuana
I have a number of relatives in the medical field, they will tell you there are new medication coming out all the time that there is no need for medical marijuana. It’s just a rouse to make it legal

Amen, brother.

FWIW, the recent Nebraska legislation on hemp vs marijuana really frustrates me.

We crackdown on finding it, but there is too much of a loophole to lodge someone on it.

I have a number of relatives in the medical field, they will tell you there are new medication coming out all the time that there is no need for medical marijuana. It’s just a rouse to make it legal
There is no doubt that the "medical" marijuana promoters are largely people interested in recreational use. There's also no great evidence that marijuana does more than placebos in controlled studies other than maybe for some anxiety sufferers. I don't know. There have been controlled studies linking it to decreased mental capacity in young frequent users even when they're not stoned. People who have problems with MJ are the same people who tend to get addicted to nicotine, alcohol or other drugs. It's a crutch. My intent was not to debate the laws. I thought the subject might interest some on this board because I know there's some tokers on here.Smokin

My BIL doctor says exactly the same thing. He was in a state that legalized medical use several years ago and said it was a joke. The medical benefits have been greatly exaggerated according to research I have read.

Recent studied are exposing major health risks.

Cannabis is the scientific name....marijuana was introduced as a name to try to change its perception

Epidemiology studies are wishy washy
User? This was a well run study. Go look it up. I read quite few studies and the analysis done was pretty tight IMO. Retrospective studies have confirmed and debunked lots of empirical conclusions held by medical professionals over the years. One of my favorite sayings though about studies is that statistics don't mean much if you're the one in ten thousand that gets the cancer.

Some of the allure of the potential medical benefits are to not have to take the pharmaceutical route. It doesnt take being in the medical field to know they still create new medicine. If you suffer chronic pain that can be alleviated with weed, it's far less damaging than chronic opiate use

Some of the allure of the potential medical benefits are to not have to take the pharmaceutical route. It doesnt take being in the medical field to know they still create new medicine. If you suffer chronic pain that can be alleviated with weed, it's far less damaging than chronic opiate use
Well there is a placebo and anxiolytic effect of MJ. I don't think that studies have proven pain relief. IF you're using MJ, in fact you ARE using a pharmaceutical route. It contains a drug.

My BIL doctor says exactly the same thing. He was in a state that legalized medical use several years ago and said it was a joke. The medical benefits have been greatly exaggerated according to research I have read.

Recent studied are exposing major health risks.
Hate to be naive but what is BIL doctor?? Thanks

Reactions: jpile01
Well there is a placebo and anxiolytic effect of MJ. I don't think that studies have proven pain relief. IF you're using MJ, in fact you ARE using a pharmaceutical route. It contains a drug.
If you have a license for it that's fine. 9/10 times people don't... they are transporting felony illegal contraband.

Reactions: natesonnen
You're wrong, but not worth arguing with. You have an anti cannabis agenda.
Nope. I have a doctorate in a medical field. I also have a nephew that has a pot and alcohol addiction who has done felony jail time for selling weed. I've seen the dark side of weed. I have another nephew who uses the oil for anxiety but it doesn't really help him. Whatever, if he thinks it helps I'll roll with it. I've got friends who were heavy users and they've been fine too. I haven't been around them much for the last 30 but I'm sure they still use some. I'm not in favor of legalizing pot for various reasons but primarily because of the known negative effects on young developing brains.

Hate to be naive but what is the BILL doctor?? Thanks
Regularly $159.00, but I enjoyed our exam so much, NO CHARGE.

dr-groucho-marx.jpg

Nope. I have a doctorate in a medical field. I also have a nephew that has a pot and alcohol addiction who has done felony jail time for selling weed. I've seen the dark side of weed. I have another nephew who uses the oil for anxiety but it doesn't really help him. Whatever, if he thinks it helps I'll roll with it. I've got friends who were heavy users and they've been fine too. I haven't been around them much for the last 30 but I'm sure they still use some. I'm not in favor of legalizing pot for various reasons but primarily because of the known negative effects on young developing brains.
Fair enough. I dont use it for medical reasons, but know some who get some appetite managment out of it in conjunction with just enjoying its relaxing qualities recreational. I've always preferred it over booze, and certainly prefer being around stoners than drunks. To each their own.

Never smoked pot or anything else in my life. I just think it's an absolute joke to get on a moral or medical soap box about it when alcohol is legal. In college I drank ALL the beer and my buddy smoked ALL the pot. Didn't seem much different to me. Both dumb. Also, all you guys quoting your doctor BIL's, ask them if they think pot causes more or less medical issues in our population compared to McDonald's food. I think we all know the answer.

Never smoked pot or anything else in my life. I just think it's an absolute joke to get on a moral or medical soap box about it when alcohol is legal. In college I drank ALL the beer and my buddy smoked ALL the pot. Didn't seem much different to me. Both dumb. Also, all you guys quoting your doctor BIL's, ask them if they think pot causes more or less medical issues in our population compared to McDonald's food. I think we all know the answer.
True

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT