ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stolen Valor

Almost 100% of the stolen valor situations I have encountered dealt with homeless people or mentally ill people. It's just not worth it to argue with or engage with these people. Why waste your time trying to prove someone whose life already sucks is full of it?

Almost 100% of the stolen valor situations I have encountered dealt with homeless people or mentally ill people. It's just not worth it to argue with or engage with these people. Why waste your time trying to prove someone whose life already sucks is full of it?
I heard that the OP is filing a lawsuit against Sly Stallone for producing the documentary "Rambo"

Reactions: Gonzo3705
Nope, that's the culture we've built. If they've lied, it was before I got there. I'm always very clear what my expectations are.
Dude, when you tell me not to lie "or else"...all you do is create better liars.

Unless your definition of lying is different from mine, lying goes on at your work, all the time. Just like at every place.

Maybe you just "big" lies, I get that.

Dude, when you tell me not to lie "or else"...all you do is create better liars.

Unless your definition of lying is different from mine, lying goes on at your work, all the time. Just like at every place.

Maybe you just "big" lies, I get that.
I'd never hire you & I'd fire you in a heartbeat if you were on board when I started. Our people know what's expected of them & they understand they don't get in trouble for making mistakes but they do get in trouble when they lie. Like I said, I can fix incompetence, I rarely can fix a character flaw. We have people that have been with us for 20+ years & don't have people back out of job offers when they know the culture we have & the expectations we have. Maybe everyone lies to their boss in education or other businesses but they don't at our place. We pay well, offer good benefits & continue to grow & expand. Our clients love us & they know we are honest to a fault. There's nothing to lose in being honest & lots to lose when you lie. Being ignorant of facts is not lying. Intentionally misrepresenting the facts is a lie that we don't treat lightly. I was hired because my predecessor lied to the CEO & the Board. I was brought in to help change the culture & we've turned the business around from being on the brink of bankruptcy to becoming very profitable and sharing profits with the employees and expanding our benefit options. Our turnover is extremely low - we've had people leave for other jobs that came back to us because of the culture - it isn't always greener in the other pasture. IF our expectations and management were a problem, it would show in a hurry - like it was before the CEO was hired.

I'd never hire you & I'd fire you in a heartbeat if you were on board when I started. Our people know what's expected of them & they understand they don't get in trouble for making mistakes but they do get in trouble when they lie. Like I said, I can fix incompetence, I rarely can fix a character flaw. We have people that have been with us for 20+ years & don't have people back out of job offers when they know the culture we have & the expectations we have. Maybe everyone lies to their boss in education or other businesses but they don't at our place. We pay well, offer good benefits & continue to grow & expand. Our clients love us & they know we are honest to a fault. There's nothing to lose in being honest & lots to lose when you lie. Being ignorant of facts is not lying. Intentionally misrepresenting the facts is a lie that we don't treat lightly. I was hired because my predecessor lied to the CEO & the Board. I was brought in to help change the culture & we've turned the business around from being on the brink of bankruptcy to becoming very profitable and sharing profits with the employees and expanding our benefit options. Our turnover is extremely low - we've had people leave for other jobs that came back to us because of the culture - it isn't always greener in the other pasture. IF our expectations and management were a problem, it would show in a hurry - like it was before the CEO was hired.

Like George Costanza said, "it is not a lie, if you think it is true"

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT