ADVERTISEMENT

OT: So I Published My First Book Today

BleedRed78

Blackshirt
Oct 22, 2019
Kinda cool after stewing on it for almost FOUR years now lol. Feels good just to do it - regardless of the results. But I genuinely think people who like books like Fahrenheit 451, Brave New World, and stuff like The Walking Dead and The Matrix franchises - will enjoy my series. A Spider In The Web is a scifi post-apocalyptic/dystopian novella series that once finished, will comprise what's called a composite novel.

With each release of the series, I also release a music single and music video that indirectly tie into the story of the series. I'm hoping my fellow scifi, zombie, and dystopian nerds out there get a kick out of my attempt at creating a multimedia experience/adventure!

I just wanted to share that with everyone here. I know a few guys here who seem to like their scifi stuff. Anyway, here's the link to my ebook on Amazon Kindle if anyone's interested! Cheers :cool:🍻

Amazon product ASIN B0BVJJ3GJM

Kinda cool after stewing on it for almost FOUR years now lol. Feels good just to do it - regardless of the results. But I genuinely think people who like books like Fahrenheit 451, Brave New World, and stuff like The Walking Dead and The Matrix franchises - will enjoy my series. A Spider In The Web is a scifi post-apocalyptic/dystopian novella series that once finished, will comprise what's called a composite novel.

With each release of the series, I also release a music single and music video that indirectly tie into the story of the series. I'm hoping my fellow scifi, zombie, and dystopian nerds out there get a kick out of my attempt at creating a multimedia experience/adventure!

I just wanted to share that with everyone here. I know a few guys here who seem to like their scifi stuff. Anyway, here's the link to my ebook on Amazon Kindle if anyone's interested! Cheers :cool:🍻

Congrats dude !

Nice to see your creative effort come to fruition. Good luck with the project.

Good luck with it. I hope it takes off.

This is awesome.. I'm going to check it out. Much success to you!

Had a book published about 10 years ago (Note: plenty of copies still available!). You find out a lot about writing a book by writing a book. I was stupid enough to think I'd have something to say in the pricing and marketing of the final product, but not so. The publisher set the price strictly on page count, and at 600-plus pages determined that my masterpiece should be priced north of $40. I tried to explain to them that their target audience was a bunch of farmers in Nebraska and they were pricing themselves right out of sales -- cut the price in half, you'll sell twice as many copies and still make the same amount of money. They didn't budge. I've given away far more copies than I have sold (which is OK), but I received some grief from those who thought I was trying to go all Big Time by setting such a high price. I try to explain to them that it wasn't up to me, but I'm not sure they believe it.

Awesome, now I need a genuine autographed copy! Seriously, congratulations, lot of work to get there no doubt.

• Love
Reactions: BleedRed78
Had a book published about 10 years ago (Note: plenty of copies still available!). You find out a lot about writing a book by writing a book. I was stupid enough to think I'd have something to say in the pricing and marketing of the final product, but not so. The publisher set the price strictly on page count, and at 600-plus pages determined that my masterpiece should be priced north of $40. I tried to explain to them that their target audience was a bunch of farmers in Nebraska and they were pricing themselves right out of sales -- cut the price in half, you'll sell twice as many copies and still make the same amount of money. They didn't budge. I've given away far more copies than I have sold (which is OK), but I received some grief from those who thought I was trying to go all Big Time by setting such a high price. I try to explain to them that it wasn't up to me, but I'm not sure they believe it.
Just curious, was it profitable for you?

Oh wow, I've heard or read many stories like that about publishers. I tried that route initially, and only had interest from one agent. But I'm a dyi junkie with this stuff, so decided to self publish. It'll be extra challenging - but at this point in my life, I'm just glad to put it out there. Every days a blessing so it's good to just achieve the milestone of even putting it out there.

I'm sorry that your book was hampered by the publisher. Sounds like it'd be a real value to farmers in the region. Thanks for sharing and for the insight into the business in general!

Awesome, now I need a genuine autographed copy! Seriously, congratulations, lot of work to get there no doubt.
Thanks! A labor of love in every sense of the phrase haha. I'm planning on doing print eventually... So you never know! 😉

Not at all, and that was by design. I purchased many myself and gave them away as kind of a gift to the community. Presently working on another that I hope will actually make a profit. We'll see.
Oh and best of luck on your next one!

That's cool. I'm about 85% done with a book. I've got to credit the Husker board at least partially for helping improve my writing skills.

Good on yer!

Ever dipped into any John Ringo?

Oh wow, I've heard or read many stories like that about publishers. I tried that route initially, and only had interest from one agent. But I'm a dyi junkie with this stuff, so decided to self publish. It'll be extra challenging - but at this point in my life, I'm just glad to put it out there. Every days a blessing so it's good to just achieve the milestone of even putting it out there.

I'm sorry that your book was hampered by the publisher. Sounds like it'd be a real value to farmers in the region. Thanks for sharing and for the insight into the business in general!
What was the process for self- publication ? Did you go through Amazon?

It's cool that you published your book! I'm sure it wasn't easy, but you did it. This is a great achievement and I'm happy for you. Your series sounds very interesting and original. I especially like zombie stories. I just love The Walking Dead. I love sci-fi, post-apocalyptic and dystopian, so I think I will enjoy your book. Impressed that you released music and videos related to your story. It's great that you use different art forms to express your creativity. I also try to write my stories on different topics. I learn from the example of other authors, and read advice on literature on this resource, but have not yet achieved such success as you. I will definitely look at your e-book on Amazon Kindle. Thanks for sharing this with us. Good luck with your future projects!

Last edited:
The Rock Reaction GIF

What's the title of your book

Next time if you publish a book do it on Amazon and you will have more pricing flexibility.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT