ADVERTISEMENT

OT: SIAP - COVID-19 - Bradykinin hypothesis

I don't know why we haven't been hearing more about this as the original scientific paper was published in early July. Only thing I've read/heard that explains all of the quirky symptoms. Also states scientific reason for Vitamin D as one possible treatment to help stave off Bradykinin storms.

https://elemental.medium.com/a-supe...teresting-new-theory-has-emerged-31cb8eba9d63
I am more and more convinced that proper nutrition and vitamin levels are an important determinant of how people do when exposed to COVID. There's a paper from May that talks about this and a proposed molecular therapy with Icatibant. The longer this goes, the more they're figuring out. Unfortunately you can't just experiment randomly with therapies that look promising.

I am more and more convinced that proper nutrition and vitamin levels are an important determinant of how people do when exposed to COVID. There's a paper from May that talks about this and a proposed molecular therapy with Icatibant. The longer this goes, the more they're figuring out. Unfortunately you can't just experiment randomly with therapies that look promising.
i was an ACE inhibitor salesman 30 yrs ago. Some old but familiar terms in that story

Yes, but getting Vitamin D (the sun being the best) seems like an easy way (with minimal risk) to help your odds of getting only minimal infection with exposure. No experiments needed. Even though it looks like there was an RCT experiment for Vitamin D on the post below yours that looks good for Vitamin D.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I reported on the Vitamin D link some time back.. take your Vitamin D and get some sun if you can.

I reported on the Vitamin D link some time back.. take your Vitamin D and get some sun if you can.

Yeah, I've been popping extra Vitamin D since March. This was the first scientific paper I've seen that gave a very plausible reason why Vitamin D insufficient people are the ones that seem to be getting hit the hardest. That reddit blog (posted above) had a comment that talked about fat absorbing vitamin D. Another reason obese people may be having greater problems in relation to the general population.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
African Americans are most deficient in vit d and have a higher death rate. Liberals will tell you its racism that is killing them but it appears to be something else

African Americans are most deficient in vit d and have a higher death rate. Liberals will tell you its racism that is killing them but it appears to be something else
yeah its not something else. nice try. we have known for decades that there are health disparities based on race and income status. coronavirus is no different. You appear to be so politically oriented that you are willing to say almost anything without a hint of evidence that you think might make yourself feel better about your political position.
there is nothing new about how this disease affects races. If you are lower income you have less healthy lifestyles (generally) and less access to disease prevention from healthcare providers. You have blue collar jobs and tight family quarters which also increase bad disease outcomes. then we know African americans in general have higher rates of hypertension. there are no good well controlled studies showing vitamin D preventing coronavirus. its a hypothesis at this point. and it wouldn't explain the higher death rate among other minority groups.
you sound like a person whose statements not only offend people but creates an uneasy experience for them.

yeah its not something else. nice try. we have known for decades that there are health disparities based on race and income status. coronavirus is no different. You appear to be so politically oriented that you are willing to say almost anything without a hint of evidence that you think might make yourself feel better about your political position.
there is nothing new about how this disease affects races. If you are lower income you have less healthy lifestyles (generally) and less access to disease prevention from healthcare providers. You have blue collar jobs and tight family quarters which also increase bad disease outcomes. then we know African americans in general have higher rates of hypertension. there are no good well controlled studies showing vitamin D preventing coronavirus. its a hypothesis at this point. and it wouldn't explain the higher death rate among other minority groups.
you sound like a person whose statements not only offend people but creates an uneasy experience for them.
Blue collar workers working and living in tight situations in my area seem to not be getting sick with COVID. Maybe it's because here they also tend to take part in lots of outdoor recreation activities. Income levels and access to healthcare providers has little to do with unhealthy life styles in minority communities. You can find the same correlation in white low income communities and the root cause has more to do with intelligence/education levels than income.

There is SCIENTIFIC proof that higher melanin levels in your skin blocks the type of UV light that raises your Vitamin D level. There is very strong evidence that Vitamin D is very important in fighting off this virus. Should we be surprised then that darker skinned people in general are more severely affected by COVID? No.

You take something that is scientifically supported, totally deny it and then turn it in to a personal insult. Typical.

Yep. Dr. Rhonda Patrick has done a bunch of research on this as well. During the winter, people need to make sure they supplement.
Drink lots of milk. It's still possible to get sunlight in the winter. Tough in places but possible.

And once again look at the timing of the virus in certain parts of the country and when it is comfortable to be outside and residents are less likely to get natural Vit D. Cold weather states hit in winter and early spring. Warm weather states affected most in June and July.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT