ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Shark week..

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
On Nat Geo. Anyone on here have any close encounters? Swam with nurse sharks who are harmless in Dominican. Scuba diving in Bahamas seen a few reef sharks. Bull sharks are aggressive bastards and the deadliest for their ability to survive in fresh water and attack swimmers. Hope I never encounter one. Plan to do more scuba diving when I get back to Thailand. Any good shark stories? Go

Last edited:
Reactions: Chuck003
On Nat Geo. Anyone on here have any close encounters? Swam with nurse sharks who are harmless in Dominican. Scuba diving in Bahamas seen a few reef sharks. Bull sharks are aggressive bastards and the deadliest for their ability to survive in fresh water and attack swimmers. Hope I never encounter one. Plan to do more scuba diving when I get back to Thailand. Any good shark stories? Go
Sharks are like the virus, low probability attacks, you just never know. I never snorkel or dive in cloudy water, only on calm clear water days in Maui, which have tiger shark attacks at times.

Sharks are like the virus, low probability attacks, you just never know. I never snorkel or dive in cloudy water, only on calm clear water days in Maui, which have tiger shark attacks at times.
True. Many of these attacks in Florida and easy coast are in shallow murky waters. I like the clear water so you can see what's coming.

I would gladly get up close with them.

In a cage next to a boat.
About 5 years ago , a dead baby whale was floating on the surface off Maui shores and beach was closed due to a shark fest. Amazingly a bunch of crazy scientists were swimming with and video taping the sharks. These so called scientists are mad indeed, I think a great white even stopped by for a meal.

About 5 years ago , a dead baby whale was floating on the surface off Maui shores and beach was closed due to a shark fest. Amazingly a bunch of crazy scientists were swimming with and video taping the sharks. These so called scientists are mad indeed, I think a great white even stopped by for a meal.
They were showing tiger sharks and a saltwater crocodile feasting on a whale carcas in Australia. Crazy. Dead whales is like a all you can eat buffet in the ocean.

Shark "Fest". The real shark week starts Sunday on The Discovery Channel. Still some good shows, though. Just not as good as the real deal.

Three sharks got about six feet from me at cocoa beach. It’s crazy how shallow of water they can swim in.

Reactions: HBK4life
baby-sharks-big-show-featured.jpg

Best scene of the movie. Robert Shaw was drunk during this scene.
For Quint’s monologue, — which many refer to as the “Indianapolis speech” — Shaw rewrote parts of it to make it his own, adding Quint’s spirit into it. The actor also suggested to Spielberg that he take a few swigs of liquor before doing the scene.

Shark Week

The week during which a woman has her period. There will be blood, an uncomfortable sense of tension and a bad tempered, unpredictable beast.

Take heed during shark week. If you show signs of weakness or aggression, you will be attacked. If you get attacked, it will be all your fault, infinitely more traumatic for her and you'll never be allowed to forget it.

Man 1-"Why is your wife glaring at you from the window?"
Man 2-"Shark week. She's looking for an excuse to strike"

Man 1-"Pub?"
Man 2-"Hell yes."

Reactions: ADV1 and HBK4life
Shark Week

The week during which a woman has her period. There will be blood, an uncomfortable sense of tension and a bad tempered, unpredictable beast.

Take heed during shark week. If you show signs of weakness or aggression, you will be attacked. If you get attacked, it will be all your fault, infinitely more traumatic for her and you'll never be allowed to forget it.

Man 1-"Why is your wife glaring at you from the window?"
Man 2-"Shark week. She's looking for an excuse to strike"

Man 1-"Pub?"
Man 2-"Hell yes."
My ex hated when I would ask her if it was shark week so I knew to steer clear. Hated it more when I asked if she was chumming. Blood in the water. 😆 I thought it was funny. Oh well. Lol

Reactions: LightningJack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT