ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Russell Wilson

I used to love to hate on Coach Landry, but Landry was a war hero in the Army Air Corps. Flew 30 missions over Europe in 1944/1945. Had to ditch in Belgium when they ran out of fuel. My father was in the Army Air Coprs, too. It was a different time.
I did not know that.

Many men of that time saw things that they had to deal with, or go crazy.
My uncle was Third wave of Marines at Tarawa.

I told that story on June 6th thread last year.

Now we have 2024.

I'm a big Steelers fan and I've been blessed to only know three Steelers head coaches in my lifetime. All three won Super Bowls. Tomlin is a great coach. Very steady, calm. The players love him. There's a vocal minority of Steelers fans that want Tomlin to get fired. I don't get it.
I don’t, either

Tomlin is awesome and I’ve never heard a single bad word about him from the hundreds of players he’s coached

I'm a big Steelers fan and I've been blessed to only know three Steelers head coaches in my lifetime. All three won Super Bowls. Tomlin is a great coach. Very steady, calm. The players love him. There's a vocal minority of Steelers fans that want Tomlin to get fired. I don't get it.
Yeah dumb. Fantastic coach . They got spoiled with multiple super bowls and are getting greedy . You fire Tomlin you may find out what it’s like to actually suck

Reactions: Dean Pope
I don’t, either

Tomlin is awesome and I’ve never heard a single bad word about him from the hundreds of players he’s coached
Some fans are just stupid. There's a Steelers Reddit I read from time to time. Very vocal posters on there. Makes it seem like 90% agree to fire Tomlin cause few people want to disagree and get blasted and down voted. Not me, of course. First off, it was all Matt Canada's fault. Then when he was fired, it became Kenny Pickett's fault. And then came the fire Tomlin hate. It's always something.

But then, I'm also a Sixers fan. Phily fans are next level insane.

Just imagine what a turd that guy must be. A steady veteran. 100% healthy. Has a head coach known as a great offensive mind. And they spend $85 million of their cap not to have him on their team.
Payton is not all that well liked. He doesn't want Wilson so he has to go. 80 million hit is ridiculous though. I hope they get a crappy QB and Wilson continues success. I don't even like Wilson I just hate Denver so this whole thing is hilarious. Laughing

With arguably the worst QB in the division, Tomlin continues to over achieve by making the playoffs. Steelers need a new signal caller, not a new H.C.

Reactions: king_kong_
Payton is not all that well liked. He doesn't want Wilson so he has to go. 80 million hit is ridiculous though. I hope they get a crappy QB and Wilson continues success. I don't even like Wilson I just hate Denver so this whole thing is hilarious. Laughing
I can relate. As a Steelers fan, I've enjoyed watching the Browns self-distruct. I love their ownership- Crazy Jimmy Haslem. Trading a ton of picks for the right to give Watson a massive contract is the latest of their blunders.

Reports now stating Wilson is willing to sign for the min....wow. Good on him if true and the ultimate middle finger to Denver, or more likely Payton, who, in all honesty, seems like a royal douche.

Well, why would he not sign for the minimum and take the full payout from Denver?

I think its a great idea and the obvious way to go...but Russell is a douche so I had no idea if he would or not. Good on him for doing it, if reports are true.

I think its a great idea and the obvious way to go...but Russell is a douche so I had no idea if he would or not. Good on him for doing it, if reports are true.
I am not defending the guy but what do you base him being a Douche on?

Reporters and what they say? I am really curious I don't follow it that mush.

Steelers fan. I don't have time to devote to the NFL like I did before kids. I focus 99% of my football time on the Huskers. GBR. Anyhow, seems like a good situation for all. If it doesn't work out, Steelers don't lose much. Will assume he will compete with Pickett for the starting job. My gut says it's Wilson's to lose.

I think they figure he needs more time maybe. Everything I heard is they really like him still.
I’m trying to think of an example where a team put a young starting quarterback on the shelf, and then he claimed the position long-term later on. Help me out. I can see them drafting over him.

I’m trying to think of an example where a team put a young starting quarterback on the shelf, and then he claimed the position long-term later on. Help me out. I can see them drafting over him.
I am sure it would be very rare. They have to figure they will need both of them at some point. Most teams do these days.

Reactions: drubendall
1.2 million for a potential HOF QB. Why not.
Steelers fan here. Wilson asked for a second year with a lot of money coming in the 2nd year. Steelers said no. It didn't take long for Wilson and his agent to realize that a one year on the vet minimum is all he was gonna get. It's OK for the Steelers I guess. On the vet minimum, they can bench him or cut him anytime they want to. So there isn't much to lose here.

As for Kenny Pickett, he had his chance. The tough part is that he was playing in a college offense under Matt Canada with some very simplistic passing schemes. So that part most people feel like he deserves another chance. But on the other hand his failure to read a defense, see open receivers and his habit of spinning out of the pocket to run outside almost always got him into trouble. He's got some bad habits. But he'll still have a shot to play and prove himself this season.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Steelers fan here. Wilson asked for a second year with a lot of money coming in the 2nd year. Steelers said no. It didn't take long for Wilson and his agent to realize that a one year on the vet minimum is all he was gonna get.

Broncos were always going to be the team that paid 99.9% of his salary for the next few years, so i'm not sure i'm buying the second year comment above.....why would Russ care what team is paying his guaranteed contract? Seems odd..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT