ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rewards credit cards

siebo454

Sophomore
Dec 20, 2005
Starting my own insurance agency and am looking for the best rewards credit card. Whether it be cash back or flyer miles just wondering what everyones opinion is as far as which card is the best. Not opposed to one with an annual premium but would prefer it not be out of hand. Normally wouldn't do this but sounds like their is a lot of successful people here so I figured why not. Credit score is above 800 at last check so that SHOULDNT be a problem. Thanks everyone for your time and opinion.

Personally, I think the frequent flier miles cards are awesome. When I lived on the west coast, I had the Alaska Card because that was my airline of choice. Of course they partnered with American and Delta so that was great as well. I now have the United Card, and it is great as well. Hard to go wrong with them in my opinion.

Starting my own insurance agency and am looking for the best rewards credit card. Whether it be cash back or flyer miles just wondering what everyones opinion is as far as which card is the best. Not opposed to one with an annual premium but would prefer it not be out of hand. Normally wouldn't do this but sounds like their is a lot of successful people here so I figured why not. Credit score is above 800 at last check so that SHOULDNT be a problem. Thanks everyone for your time and opinion.
Cash is King

Reactions: OzzyLvr and Nate004
Have had the Southwest card for 10+ years and haven't paid for a flight in all that time. Within the last couple years, they added other ways to cash in miles like gift cards for Lowe's, Target, Wal-Mart - that kind of thing.

Have had the Southwest card for 10+ years and haven't paid for a flight in all that time. Within the last couple years, they added other ways to cash in miles like gift cards for Lowe's, Target, Wal-Mart - that kind of thing.

Then why don't you fly to ATL more often you big jerk!!

Reactions: St. Anger
Its all about travel for me. I use the AAdvantage Platinum card for virtually everything. 120000 AA miles as of right now. Round trip tickets for 2 to Europe for next summer.

Anger, the southwest card is a nice value, but I just hate flying out of Midway, so I have stuck with AA.

Its all about travel for me. I use the AAdvantage Platinum card for virtually everything. 120000 AA miles as of right now. Round trip tickets for 2 to Europe for next summer.

Anger, the southwest card is a nice value, but I just hate flying out of Midway, so I have stuck with AA.
How do you hate Midway? That's one of the easier airports, imo.

You might want to see this guy:

samuel-l-jackson.jpg

What's in your wallet?

Look into the Chase Sapphire Preferred.

You get approx 110.00 back to spend on travel, hotels etc. for every 10,000 points you
accumulate.

If you get a referral from a friend you get 40,000 points and the friend gets 5000 points.

40,000 points is like 450.00 free travel dollars.

If you need a referral just sent me a message and I can email you the referral.

First year is free and the second year you pay but the rewards are too large to not pay the yearly fee.

I used to spend 40,000 a year with a Platinum
AMEX and would get like 275.00 to 300.00 back.

We stopped all ATM purchases and put what we can on this. I figure I will get about 800.00 year in travel dollars. Much better than Amex at 275 to 300.00 back in cash.

I live on the northside and the drive alone makes me want to avoid the airport in the hood. If I wasnt an AAdvantage Gold member, Ohare would be less enjoyable for sure. Quicker to get through security and quicker to board takes away a lot of the pain.

Cash isn't king when you have to have proof you spent money haha. Thanks everybody for the responses so far.

I hope you guys thank the services that you use your card with , cause they are the ones paying for your freebies, plus their paying visa / MC the service to allow you to pay your bill.
What a frekin racket.. :mad:

but with that said, take full advantage of it :D

I hope you guys thank the services that you use your card with , cause they are the ones paying for your freebies, plus their paying visa / MC the service to allow you to pay your bill.
What a frekin racket.. :mad:

but with that said, take full advantage of it :D

It has to be at least 20 years since I have paid a monthly credit card fee for carrying over a balance. I pay almost everything on credit card and trust me...I enjoy all of the freebies!! Winking

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT