ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Post food receipes since a lot of us are cooking at home.

Grill some boneless pork chops to 165 degrees. Rub with olive oil and make sure grill is really hot. We want a nice bark. Then sautee 1 red 1 yellow and 1 orange bell pepper as well as a big white onion. Onced sauteed, add 2/3 cup milk, 1 & 1/2 can corn and 1 block of cream cheese. ( easiest to handle if stuck in freezer for a minute.) Make some spanish/taco rice, slice up the chops, little sriracha and rice bowl.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Mexican Rice

Ingredients:

1 cup rice

1/2 cup of frozen 3 or 4 veggie blend

1/2 onion cut into eights

1/2 cup diced bell pepper (I used yellow but any color works)

1 tbsp. of OO

1 tbsp. of Tapatio hot sauce

1/2 cup of Clamato Picante juice

1 1/2 cups of chicken broth

1 tsp. of salt

Start out by first soaking the rice for 15 minutes in cold water.

I then cut up the onion, bell pepper and got out the 4 veggie blend to add to the rice.

Sautéed the onions and pepper until they started to sweat.

Then added the 4 veggie blend and cooked it for 5 minutes.

Now I added the drain rice and cooked this until some of the rice just starts to brown. You should hear it starting to crack.

I then added this to my rice cooker that had 1 tbsp. of OO, 1 tbsp. of Tapatio hot sauce, 1/2 cup of Clamato Picante juice, 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth and 1 tsp. of salt waiting for it.

Here are the results.

19714484352_6085e67ebb_c.jpg

Mexican Rice

Ingredients:

1 cup rice

1/2 cup of frozen 3 or 4 veggie blend

1/2 onion cut into eights

1/2 cup diced bell pepper (I used yellow but any color works)

1 tbsp. of OO

1 tbsp. of Tapatio hot sauce

1/2 cup of Clamato Picante juice

1 1/2 cups of chicken broth

1 tsp. of salt

Start out by first soaking the rice for 15 minutes in cold water.

I then cut up the onion, bell pepper and got out the 4 veggie blend to add to the rice.

Sautéed the onions and pepper until they started to sweat.

Then added the 4 veggie blend and cooked it for 5 minutes.

Now I added the drain rice and cooked this until some of the rice just starts to brown. You should hear it starting to crack.

I then added this to my rice cooker that had 1 tbsp. of OO, 1 tbsp. of Tapatio hot sauce, 1/2 cup of Clamato Picante juice, 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth and 1 tsp. of salt waiting for it.

Here are the results.

19714484352_6085e67ebb_c.jpg
Do you deliver?

Take a 4 pound beef shoulder roast, marinate it in dales steak seasoning over night, set smoker at 250 smoke till internal temperature is 160, then wrap in aluminum foil add more dales finish smoking till internal temperature hits 200. If possible buy low sodium dales if not I cut mine with water so its not to salty.

Get a whole chicken.
Cut out the spine (spatchcock it).
Pat dry.
Season how you like it. I like Three Little Pigs BBQ rub. But there is so many different options. Use what you like.
Get the seasoning under and on top of the skin.
Rest in fridge over night.

Two options:

1. Put in grill/smoker using the two zone method/indirect heat. 325-375F. Until the meat is 160-163F. Pull and let rest until is raises to 165F and serve.

2. Cut potatoes and onions. Oil and season (salt and pepper are fine).
Place in cast iron skillet.
Put chicken on top of potato and onion bed.
Oven at 375F until internal temp is 160-163F. Let rest until 165F internal.
You can also throw in mushrooms about halfway through.

cut out spine or can you just break the ribcage from it...?

Made a batch a sweet potato pancakes this morning and while it's hardly rocket surgery, I'll share my method:

Take a small can of sweet potatoes or yams and drain the syrup. (This is important, because they will already have soaked up some syrup and if you don't drain them, the syrup is all you will taste.) Mash and whip them to a smooth texture.

Use your favorite pancake recipe, but substitute the mashed sweet potatoes for about half the milk. Add a tablespoon of baking powder and season your mixture with cinnamon and nutmeg. (I hardly ever measure anything anymore, but be generous and use about twice as much cinnamon as nutmeg.)

These pancakes have great flavor, but what I really like about them is the texture. And of course, serve with bacon whenever possible because everything is better with bacon!

Last edited:
Made a batch a sweet potato pancakes this morning and while it's hardly rocket surgery, I'll share my method:

Take a small can of sweet potatoes or yams and drain the syrup. (This is important, because they will already have soaked up some syrup and if you don't drain them, the syrup is all you will taste.) Mash and whip them to a smooth texture.

Use your favorite pancake recipe, but substitute the mashed sweet potatoes for about half the milk. Add a tablespoon of baking powder and season your mixture with cinnamon and nutmeg. (I hardly ever measure anything anymore, but be generous and use about twice as much cinnamon as nutmeg.)

These pancakes have great flavor, but what I really like about them is the texture. And of course, serve with bacon whenever possible because everything is better with bacon!
Interesting.

Reactions: kakdawg
Interesting.
I should have mentioned that if you don't like making pancakes from scratch, you can't really go wrong using this method with Bisquick. It also works with sweet potato puree but I find that gives more of a sugary flavor, so I prefer to drain and mash the sweet potatoes. You can also use applesauce and follow all the same steps. Makes for some tasty apple cinnamon pancakes but they don't have the nice fluffy texture.

I should have mentioned that if you don't like making pancakes from scratch, you can't really go wrong using this method with Bisquick. It also works with sweet potato puree but I find that gives more of a sugary flavor, so I prefer to drain and mash the sweet potatoes. You can also use applesauce and follow all the same steps. Makes for some tasty apple cinnamon pancakes but they don't have the nice fluffy texture.
I buy my pancake flour in 25 lb bags. Cooper's Best. Nebraska made. Unfortunately not made in Humboldt anymore but new company seems to be doing things right. I am definitely going to try your recipe and will report back. Thanks for sharing. We do several variations but never thought of sweet potatoes. I've had potato pancakes before though

Reactions: schuele
Thanks for the recipes. Another recipe I found of Grilled Country Style Ribs.
Ingredients:
Ribs:
3 lbs country-style pork ribs (typically 4 ribs)
4 tbsp dry rub of choice (Turkish Spice Blend recipe link, See Note 1}

Mop Sauce:
2 lemons juiced
4 tbsp honey

BBQ Sauce:
1 cup BBQ Sauce (optional)

Instructions:
1. Rub the ribs with the spice blend with your hands, pressing to adhere. Cover ribs with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for minimum of 1 hour, best overnight.
2. In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice and honey. Set aside.

For Low and Slow Grilling:
Preheat grill to 225°F
Place the ribs on the clean and oiled grill with the larger, flatter side down.
Cover the grill, and cook until browned and crusty about 90 minutes (brush with the lemon honey sauce every 30 minutes). Flip ribs, cover, and cook until browned and crusty on the other side, about 90 minutes more (basting every 30 minutes if using a BBQ sauce).
The thermometer should register 145°F when inserted into the thickest part of the rib. Transfer to a serving platter, tent with foil, and let rest about 5 minutes before serving.

Charcoal Grill:
1. Same as Gas Grill Instructions, but over indirect heat, meaning coals on one side and meat grilled on top on the other side of the grill.

Baked in Oven:
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Place ribs on a wire rack in a baking dish, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 2 hours. Turn ribs and baste with BBQ sauce (if using, no mop sauce needed for Baked version), continue to bake for 30 minutes uncovered.

By the way to spray my salad with oil (I eat the ribs with salad) I use Evo Oil Sprayer Bottle. Found out about it on cookwarestuffs in oil sprayer reviews article.

Last edited:
https://www.thespruceeats.com/how-to-spatchcock-a-chicken-1808565

Cut out the spine and then press on the breast to break the rib cage so it lays flat.

Spatchcocking the bird (I do this for turkeys too) makes it cook more evenly and faster. You also don’t get the rubbery skin on the bottom half of the bird. Nice even crispy skin.

I go to place in small town here in Eastern Washington where they cook all their chickens this way. They have a rack over a steel box with an applewood fire. It's a beat up roadside Mexican joint (No seating). The shack is literally made out of plywood. Inside there is a immaculately clean stainless steel counter and sink. The sauce they slather on the meat while cooking is out of this world. Tangy, but without too much heat. They cook ribs too. For $7.50 you get a half a chicken, homemade tortillas, lettuce, onions, beans (I pass) and several salsa options. I am glad it is about two hours away or else I would eat there everyday. Sadly, the dad passed away two years ago. The food is still great and just as good, but the son and daughter don't have the work ethic their dad did. He was always open. (I think he was open 7 days/week) Now the kids shut it down in the very cold months so they can run off to California and Mexico.

I must add the chicken is simply the best chicken I've ever eaten, Period.

Last edited:
Reactions: GretnaShawn
Start with a nice Rotella hamburger bun. Support local. Butter up both sides. Next take two golf ball-sized hamburgers, 80/20 and put them on a smoking-hot cast iron skillet for 60 seconds. I put it on my gas grill. After the 60 Seconds smash those two burgers down until they're real thin. Wait another 30 seconds then flip them over. Dust them both with nice Chicago steak seasoning. Wait 60 Seconds, add a slice of American cheese to each. Yep American in the cellophane wrappers. Put the Buns on the grill for about a minute and then assemble the two burgers onto the bun. Add pickles, lettuce, onions, fried egg, bacon, avocado, or whatever you like. 1 delicious smashed mouth Burger

Start with a nice Rotella hamburger bun. Support local. Butter up both sides. Next take two golf ball-sized hamburgers, 80/20 and put them on a smoking-hot cast iron skillet for 60 seconds. I put it on my gas grill. After the 60 Seconds smash those two burgers down until they're real thin. Wait another 30 seconds then flip them over. Dust them both with nice Chicago steak seasoning. Wait 60 Seconds, add a slice of American cheese to each. Yep American in the cellophane wrappers. Put the Buns on the grill for about a minute and then assemble the two burgers onto the bun. Add pickles, lettuce, onions, fried egg, bacon, avocado, or whatever you like. 1 delicious smashed mouth Burger

Love pretty much everything rotella makes except the hamburger buns. Way too poofy. Especially for thin burgers.

Love pretty much everything rotella makes except the hamburger buns. Way too poofy. Especially for thin burgers.
I always loved a burger on a Rotella’s Kaiser roll, rather than their hamburger bun. Those Kaisers were to die for.

I love to cook for breakfast pancakes or cereals. My girlfriend enjoys more some eggs or muffins. By the way, if talking about those muffins, I am tired to smell those muffins every morning. She cooks great, they smell great, but it is too much. Moreover she bought a new pan for them and says that she found this link https://www.thewindupspace.com/best-muffin-pan-reviews/ where it is said that this is the best pan for muffins. Oh God.

Slow cook a roast in a combination of Lime juice and pureed cilantro . ( cut vents into the roast to stuff some of the marinade into the interior of the roast, I usually let it sit a day before roasting ). Shred the roast and mix with more of the marinade. Add that to your favorite Chili recipe. Freaking life changing. You will thank me. My wife and I have entered it in 4 small Chili cookoffs. 4 for 4 on first place finishes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT