ADVERTISEMENT

OT-Packers locking up J. Love

That's why they're the Browns. You find a star at QB. You lock them up.

Browns starting quarterbacks by season since 1999​

• 1999 — Tim Couch, Ty Detmer
  • 2000 — Couch, Doug Pederson, Spergon Wynn
  • 2001 — Couch
  • 2002 — Couch, Kelly Holcomb
  • 2003 — Couch, Holcomb
  • 2004 — Holcomb, Jeff Garcia, Luke McCown
  • 2005 — Trent Dilfer, Charlie Frye
  • 2006 — Frye, Derek Anderson
  • 2007 — Anderson, Frye
  • 2008 — Anderson, Brady Quinn, Ken Dorsey, Bruce Gradkowski
  • 2009 — Anderson, Quinn
  • 2010 — Colt McCoy, Jake Delhomme, Seneca Wallace
  • 2011 — McCoy, Wallace
  • 2012 — Brandon Weeden, Thad Lewis
  • 2013 -- Weeden, Jason Campbell, Brian Hoyer
  • 2014 -- Hoyer, Johnny Manziel, Connor Shaw
  • 2015 -- Manziel, Josh McCown, Austin Davis
  • 2016 -- J. McCown, Cody Kessler, Robert Griffin III
  • 2017 -- DeShone Kizer, Kevin Hogan
  • 2018 -- Baker Mayfield, Tyrod Taylor
  • 2019 -- Mayfield
  • 2020 -- Mayfield
  • 2021 -- Mayfield, Case Keenum, Nick Mullens
  • 2022 -- Jacoby Brissett, Deshaun Watson
  • 2023 -- Watson, Joe Flacco, Dorian Thompson-Robinson, P.J. Walker, Jeff Driskel

Gawd the Browns suck at football shit.

Reactions: HBK4life
That's why they're the Browns. You find a star at QB. You lock them up.

Browns starting quarterbacks by season since 1999​

• 1999 — Tim Couch, Ty Detmer
  • 2000 — Couch, Doug Pederson, Spergon Wynn
  • 2001 — Couch
  • 2002 — Couch, Kelly Holcomb
  • 2003 — Couch, Holcomb
  • 2004 — Holcomb, Jeff Garcia, Luke McCown
  • 2005 — Trent Dilfer, Charlie Frye
  • 2006 — Frye, Derek Anderson
  • 2007 — Anderson, Frye
  • 2008 — Anderson, Brady Quinn, Ken Dorsey, Bruce Gradkowski
  • 2009 — Anderson, Quinn
  • 2010 — Colt McCoy, Jake Delhomme, Seneca Wallace
  • 2011 — McCoy, Wallace
  • 2012 — Brandon Weeden, Thad Lewis
  • 2013 -- Weeden, Jason Campbell, Brian Hoyer
  • 2014 -- Hoyer, Johnny Manziel, Connor Shaw
  • 2015 -- Manziel, Josh McCown, Austin Davis
  • 2016 -- J. McCown, Cody Kessler, Robert Griffin III
  • 2017 -- DeShone Kizer, Kevin Hogan
  • 2018 -- Baker Mayfield, Tyrod Taylor
  • 2019 -- Mayfield
  • 2020 -- Mayfield
  • 2021 -- Mayfield, Case Keenum, Nick Mullens
  • 2022 -- Jacoby Brissett, Deshaun Watson
  • 2023 -- Watson, Joe Flacco, Dorian Thompson-Robinson, P.J. Walker, Jeff Driskel
As a Steelers fan, I gotta say that is one beautiful list. I love it. What is nice about Watson, besides the fact that his salary takes up 22% of their cap, is that the Browns gave up three first rounders plus a 3rd & 4th just to give this guy $230 million. And it's guaranteed! A great deal for AFC North rivals of the Browns, but if I was a fan of the Jags, Colts or Titans, I would be pissed. The Texans are good now!

The risk is he tests the free agency market next year or walks. Teams like the Cowboys are indecisive. How did that work out? The Packers have invested a lot in Love and ended up exceeding most people's expectations so no sense in wavering at this point.
No way in hell Jerruh will be able to pay Dak, Cee Dee and Micah the money they all want. One will be out.

• Haha
Reactions: thall_
Watch Love get hurt this year too!! 🤣
Sad Cartoon GIF by Looney Tunes

Love holding out, refusing to practice with his team

Wants to be highest paid player in NFL

This thread is hilarious
I didn't see where it was reported that Love wanted to be the highest paid. But let's be honest, he's not going to play for that $10 million this year. But how much more does the guy deserve? He played very well toward the end of the season, but how much of that was playing in the same offense that makes Brock Purdy look decent? Green Bay is going to have to do something though but they have nobody backing him up. No leverage.

Reactions: king_kong_

This thread is hilarious

I did not see that yet... but assume it's true...that is a royal douche nozzle move from a guy who could not have been treated any better by the organization who drafted him and has stood by him.. Dick move.

I didn't see where it was reported that Love wanted to be the highest paid. But let's be honest, he's not going to play for that $10 million this year. But how much more does the guy deserve? He played very well toward the end of the season, but how much of that was playing in the same offense that makes Brock Purdy look decent? Green Bay is going to have to do something though but they have nobody backing him up. No leverage.
Good point about leverage

I did not see that yet... but assume it's true...that is a royal douche nozzle move from a guy who could not have been treated any better by the organization who drafted him and has stood by him.. Dick move.
He sat for a long time and now is being lowballed.

Perhaps this is payback for poor treatment?

Going to GB has suppressed his value significantly, and that’s not exactly an org famous for taking care of their guys

Reactions: thall_
He sat for a long time and now is being lowballed.

Perhaps this is payback for poor treatment?

I think they treated him great.

Drafted him when Rogers was still in his prime, and chose him over Rogers before he had proven anything, and signed him to a second deal when he had done nothing to earn it yet. Not sure what else they could have done to show him mad respect....and I agree he probably deserves more money, but the flip side is he signed the contract, and has a year left....now he's holding the team hostage after how well he's been treated.

Part of me thinks the worst here...that he knows he caught lightening in a bottle for the last half of the season, and wants to cash in before he turns into a pumpkin...AKA-doesn't follow it up this season.

I think they treated him great.

Drafted him when Rogers was still in his prime, and chose him over Rogers before he had proven anything, and signed him to a second deal when he had done nothing to earn it yet. Not sure what else they could have done to show him mad respect....and I agree he probably deserves more money, but the flip side is he signed the contract, and has a year left....now he's holding the team hostage after how well he's been treated.

Part of me thinks the worst here...that he knows he caught lightening in a bottle for the last half of the season, and wants to cash in before he turns into a pumpkin...AKA-doesn't follow it up this season.
He’s still on his rookie deal, no?

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Yes, but they extended him instead of using the team option. The extension gave him more money than the option.

which shows what? mad respect. Like I said, they have done right by him so far. Dick move on his part if what kong posted is true about holding out and wanting to be highest paid.

This thread is hilarious
I know as a Bears fan who has been totally owned by Packers QBs for 30 years you want it to be true. He is at practices. He is going to meetings. He's just not practicing until his deal is done. Last I heard it will be done by weeks end. Maybe the highest paid. Maybe not. 56 a year will be my guess.

which shows what? mad respect. Like I said, they have done right by him so far. Dick move on his part if what kong posted is true about holding out and wanting to be highest paid.
It’s cheap

Which is what GB are notorious for

Funny that fans thought they’d get a discount

Now they’re getting bent over a barrel by a guy who’s won what 10 games?

It’s cheap

It must be that illusion called Green Bay Packer stock that is clouding the fans judgement.

6571947713_39362ce168_b.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
It’s cheap

Are you really throwing shade at a team who has hit on all 3 QB's in 30 years? Hall of fame, MVP, Super Bowl Champion QB's. Do I really need to post the many, many, many misses you have had at QB in that same time frame? It will be done. It doesn't make sense to drag it out. Dak and Tua have yet to sign. That will reset the market once again. Even though neither is as good as J. Love. Have some patience old boy. Jordan will be out there owning the Bears on the field with a new contract soon enough.

I just find it difficult to believe

isn't extending him instead of picking up the option the exact opposite of being cheap?
They definitely could have used the team option. I didn't take the time to break down how much more the extension paid him but it was a friendly gesture either way. That was done in the spring of 2023 I believe. Before he had proven anything.

I just find it difficult to believe

isn't extending him instead of picking up the option the exact opposite of being cheap?
No.

It’s an attempt to kick the actual spending down the road.

Blatant and obvious.

Love is calling their bluff while cashing that pittance. I respect it.

Are you really throwing shade at a team who has hit on all 3 QB's in 30 years? Hall of fame, MVP, Super Bowl Champion QB's. Do I really need to post the many, many, many misses you have had at QB in that same time frame? It will be done. It doesn't make sense to drag it out. Dak and Tua have yet to sign. That will reset the market once again. Even though neither is as good as J. Love. Have some patience old boy. Jordan will be out there owning the Bears on the field with a new contract soon enough.
Have patience

Same guy who jumped the gun with this thread

Funny

• Haha
Totally backwards to choose the Packers as an organization to dog on in their handling of QBs..Take the last 3 QBs of any NFL team and collectively, the Pack have the best and it isn’t close. Take the last two and collectively, the longevity isn’t close either. Let’s see how it plays out.

Have patience

Same guy who jumped the gun with this thread

Funny
Keep refreshing your phones, Green Bay Packers fans. The Jordan Love contract news reportedly could "break any minute."
That is what Dianna Russini of The Athletic reported on Tuesday during a conversation with Chase Daniel (2:30 mark). She expects it "to get wrapped up this week" and also suggested he will become the highest-paid signal-caller in the league.
"I believe Jordan Love is going to be the highest-paid quarterback in football when this does wrap up," Russini reported.
"I do believe that he's going to beat out both Trevor Lawrence and Joe Burrow, right? So, you figure they are the highest paid quarterbacks right now, making around $55 million a year. It's all about guaranteeing money, right? That is always going to be the topic of conversations when doing these deals in terms of the importance.

"And so, from what I was told, they are still trying to knock out the final language of this contract. But both sides have been very consistent that they feel good about it, and it should be done not later, but sooner."
This comes after Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst told reporters Monday a deal is "close" and that Love is holding out until there is an agreement.

No.

It’s an attempt to kick the actual spending down the road.

Blatant and obvious.

Love is calling their bluff while cashing that pittance. I respect it.

Yeah...no. Team spent more than they needed to, and at that point he had done so little and looked so questionable he was thought to be a bust. Yet they paid him more than they needed to anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT