ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Once upon a time in Hollywood...

Nebraska-Jim-2.jpg

I love this movie. I have watched it probably twenty times and I laugh my ass off every time I watch the big ending. Absolutely bonkers. The Bruce Lee fight scene was likely SORT of true. The stuntman that likely kicked his ass was Judo Gene Lebell. He is a gorilla of a man who in addition to being a black belt in judo and early MMA practitioner, he was also a stuntman and a professional wrestler. Bruce Lee was known to be a dick to American stuntmen and known to not pull his punches. The stunt community had some ringers they would hire for one day on the set to give guys like that some of their own medicine. Lebell worked on the Green Hornet as a stuntman and as a bad guy extra. You can find real scenes from that show of Bruce Lee kicking the crap out of him in a scene. Lebell said the two of them trained together to learn more about each others strengths. Lebell is also famous for being seventy years old and putting Steven Seagal to sleep after he claimed he could easily get out of Lebells sleeper hold. Seagal punched him in the johnson and then went to sleep. Then he crapped his pants.

Last edited:
Um, Pitt pretty much blows as an actor, although this role is pretty good for him
He's a solid actor who has done some good and great movies. Oceans eleven, 12, 13. Troy, Moneyball, Fury, World War Z, Inglourious Basterds, Jesse James Robert Ford movie, Babel, Snatch, Fight Club, The Devils Own, Sleepers, Seven, Interview with the Vampire, Legends of the Fall, 12 monkeys, Kalifornia, A River runs through it, Thelma and Louise.

Last edited:
He's a solid actor who has done some good and great movies. Oceans eleven, 12, 13. Troy, Moneyball, Fury, World War Z, Inglourious Basterds, Jesse James Robert Ford movie, Babel, Snatch, Fight Club, The devils own, Sleepers, Seven, Interview with the vampire, Legends of the Fall, 12 monkeys, Kalifornia, A river runs through it, Thelma and Louise.
He's been in a bunch, but he is at best very average, he just happens to be one of the best looking quys on the planet, so he gets gigs.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
He won an Academy Award for this role, so someone must think he's a good actor.
Yup. Definite A lister. I wasn't a big fan of Leo at first either because of Titanic. Once he started doing better roles I think he's very talented. Calvin Candie in Django was incredible. The Departed, Gangs of NY, Blood Diamond, The Revenant, Wolf of Wall Street, The Aviator, Catch me if you Can. The Basketball Diaries. Anything Scorcese and Leo do is great.

Last edited:
Yup. Definite A lister. I wasn't a big fan of Leo at first either because of Titanic. Once he started doing better roles I think he's very talented. Calvin Candie in Django was incredible. The Departed, Gangs of NY, Blood Diamond, The Revenant, Wolf of Wall Street, The Aviator, Catch me if you Can. The Basketball Diaries. Anything Scorcese and Leo do is great.
Agree. I think his acting in The Departed and Catch Me If You Can is top notch. Both really great movies and he stands out among top notch casts in both movies.

The soundtrack for this movie is fantastic.

"93 KHJ" is reminiscent of listening to "Mighty Twelve Ninety KOIL" as a kid in the late 60s/early 70s

Reactions: HBK4life
He used to have good looks. Now he's starting to look like a chubby pug. I'll agree that his acting is pretty good though.
I thought that's what we were talking about. So when you say you could do without Dicaprio, you were talking about his appearance? Oh. Well, that is a little awkward, but i would say 99.9 % of the our wives / gf's would swap our looks for those of Dicaprio.

Reactions: drubendall
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood is easily one of my all time faves…along with Shawshank I will stop to watch it whenever shows on TV. It doesn’t matter what scene - it’s great.

And frankly, I thought Leo was better than Pitt in the movie. But both were great.

If you haven’t seen it - go out of your way to do so. Without the kids….

When I first saw the movie I had flashbacks about the time I spent up on the streets of Hollywood on weekends as a teenager in the sixties. It was a crazy but fun time back then with all the Rock n Roll, muscle cars, girls and KHJ radio.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT