ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Now my water is off.

bigboxes

Nebraska Legend
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
My internet was out for two days. Real hardship, I know. Came back up at 1:30 this morning. Woke up today and the water is off. No showers. No shaves (yes, I'm the lone male who still shaves). No water to flush toilets. Friend's power has been out for over two days now. He only lives a mile away. I'm currently melting snow on my stove top so I can have water to flush the toilets.

IeJYxpqh.jpg

My internet was out for two days. Real hardship, I know. Came back up at 1:30 this morning. Woke up today and the water is off. No showers. No shaves (yes, I'm the lone male who still shaves). No water to flush toilets. Friend's power has been out for over two days now. He only lives a mile away. I'm currently melting snow on my stove top so I can have water to flush the toilets.

IeJYxpqh.jpg
I live in Ft. Worth and have same problem as you- from experience it’s gonna take A LOT of snow! Was without electricity for 2 days as well... someone really screwed up as we knew this weather was coming for a week

I live in Ft. Worth and have same problem as you- from experience it’s gonna take A LOT of snow! Was without electricity for 2 days as well... someone really screwed up as we knew this weather was coming for a week

I'm just glad I haven't lost power during all of this. You are right about the amount of snow needed. I just want to fill up the tanks so that I can flush if needed.

Found a restaurant that was open. They were without water as well. So, no fountain drinks and they stopped making pizzas for the lunch special. I got lasagna, but they were out of bread with no deliveries for a couple of days. I think they just got a truck in as I was eating my food. I was hoping to use their toilet. Now, I'm melting snow on the stove top. Fun.

• Sad
Reactions: dinglefritz
I'm just glad I haven't lost power during all of this. You are right about the amount of snow needed. I just want to fill up the tanks so that I can flush if needed.

Found a restaurant that was open. They were without water as well. So, no fountain drinks and they stopped making pizzas for the lunch special. I got lasagna, but they were out of bread with no deliveries for a couple of days. I think they just got a truck in as I was eating my food. I was hoping to use their toilet. Now, I'm melting snow on the stove top. Fun.

A restaurant without water shouldn’t be open, no way to clean any dishes or wash hands. This hopefully will be over soon, not as cold here today but we got more snow yesterday and today. My kid has gone to school 2 days over the last 3 weeks between weather and being quarantined.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Hope you don't have a pool. My sister is on north side of DFW. She said her neighbors who have pools lost their pool equipment - I assume water froze in it and split the pipes/tubes?

Reactions: TheBeav815
Boxes, that sucks. Sorry to hear it.

I know comment won’t help you in the moment and I don’t mean it to be a dog at you specifically, but hopefully some others here. People, store water in your homes. Buy some 5 gallon water containers on Amazon and fill them up. Snow storms, tornadoes, floods, etc can know out the water supply. You need to keep some water in hand.

I had just bought some containers and filled them up and boasted about them to my friends (I pretend to play prepper to them). They asked why I would store water and one guy piped up and said his wife and several kids all got a horrible case of the flu. All of them puking and pooping nonstop. Utility company knocks on the door and says they’re cutting water for an hour. An hour turns into 4 hours and they accidentally knocked the power out. Shit just happens. Keep water in hand. Thankfully Boxes has power and snow to melt. Otherwise he’d be screwed.

Just go out behind the barn like we used to down on the farm.

Just go out behind the barn like we used to down on the farm.

Honestly, a 5 gallon bucket with a garbage bag in it is not as bad as it sounds. You’re able to dispose of it easily and cleanly. Not the most comfortable though.

Reactions: Red I 73
There’s a warm up on the way guys. Sorry that’s all the good news I have to bring. But we are finally above zero degrees up here in Northern Minnesota for the first time in weeks!

Honestly, a 5 gallon bucket with a garbage bag in it is not as bad as it sounds. You’re able to dispose of it easily and cleanly. Not the most comfortable though.
Fashion a box out of wood, put a toilet seat on top of the 5 gallon bucket and have a couple of bags of kitty litter to bury the goods. Very manageable

Hope you don't have a pool. My sister is on north side of DFW. She said her neighbors who have pools lost their pool equipment - I assume water froze in it and split the pipes/tubes?
I wonder why they didn’t try to prevent this, like earlier post said they knew it was coming for a week.

IeJYxpqh.jpg
Grow a set and stop bringing this sort of thing to the Husker Sports Forum.
Oh, and yes. Its winter!

I drained water from pool equipment and turned off everything thank god (kinda common sense to drain the pump and filter) before nasty weather. Someone in our neighborhood had their pump and filter explode after electricity came on today. I didn’t have the balls to ask him why he didn’t turn off the breakers while he had no electricity.....

I guess you could whizz in the toilet tank too. Recycle, not a drop goes to waste.

IeJYxpqh.jpg

Roadtrip time?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT