ADVERTISEMENT

OT: movies with an underestimated hero

I liked The Drop, with Thomas Hardy.

“Nobody ever sees you comin’, do they Bob?”
One of the most unrecognizable actors in the business. He can play nearly anything and look the part. The anti-Hanks. Tom Hanks has played Tom Hanks in every movie he's been in. Hardy was a great, twisted foil in The Revenant. Seen him in other roles and didn't even know it was him until I looked it up. A legit 'actor' and not just a screen pretty boy who plays himself.

Reactions: major.tom.foolery
Rocky 7, Adrian’s Revenge
The Rocky franchise did very well but all good things come to an end. The Apollo defeat, the Apollo victory, Mr. T, and then Dragoo. Great stuff. After that I don't even know what happened. Didn't he have one with his kid being a wuss and then turning him around? And then the robot he had... things just went off the rails. And they did what they could with Talia Shire and the fairy princess turn around but she just isn't a good looking woman. In a load of movies after Rocky but none you'd remember.

The Rocky franchise did very well but all good things come to an end. The Apollo defeat, the Apollo victory, Mr. T, and then Dragoo. Great stuff. After that I don't even know what happened. Didn't he have one with his kid being a wuss and then turning him around? And then the robot he had... things just went off the rails. And they did what they could with Talia Shire and the fairy princess turn around but she just isn't a good looking woman. In a load of movies after Rocky but none you'd remember.
Really 1-4 are amazing.

Then I think two money grab ones, which I get.

Then the Creed movies are good.

Reactions: timnsun
Really 1-4 are amazing.

Then I think two money grab ones, which I get.

Then the Creed movies are good.
Pretty sure you are close to my age…I’m upper 40’s.

So we saw Rocky III and IV when they originally came out and they were the greatest thing ever and we still romanticize them.

However, I will put out there that these are actually brutal movies, specifically Rocky III culminating with the joke 2nd fight between Clubber Lang and Rocky.

So here goes…I firmly believe that Rocky Balboa is at worst the 3rd best of the Rocky movies.

Rocky 5 is complete effing trash.

Pretty sure you are close to my age…I’m upper 40’s.

So we saw Rocky III and IV when they originally came out and they were the greatest thing ever and we still romanticize them.

However, I will put out there that these are actually brutal movies, specifically Rocky III culminating with the joke 2nd fight between Clubber Lang and Rocky.

So here goes…I firmly believe that Rocky Balboa is at worst the 3rd best of the Rocky movies.

Rocky 5 is complete effing trash.
I saw Rocky 4 in the theater and it was amazing! Now, I was a big "hate those commies" kid, so that helped.

Rocky 3, I can see you point.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT